Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question: Who is supposed to be against the idea that black
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 722

Question: Who is supposed to be against the idea that black

Sep 1, 2020, 12:22 PM

lives matter just as much as other lives? Not talking about the official organization "Black Lives Matter" (that's separate issue and another subject altogether), but idea underlying the movement. Who exactly says or believes that black live don't matter, or don't matter as much as other lives? Where are these people and who are they?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

An ultra small % of Americans who are racist and

Sep 1, 2020, 12:26 PM

Of a generation that is rapidly dying out.
Yeah, there are young ones, but time will rid of of them also!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Systemites. They are rassist***

Sep 1, 2020, 12:27 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you mizzpelled The Systemicizmnites...hth***

Sep 1, 2020, 12:30 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

I think they decided not to testify against Smollett....

Sep 1, 2020, 12:28 PM

after hanging a noose around his neck throwing bleach on his favorite dress.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trump

Sep 1, 2020, 12:28 PM

amirite?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Idk but they will keep rioting and boycotting

Sep 1, 2020, 12:29 PM

I thought it was the police

Sep 1, 2020, 12:38 PM

That’s why they are getting defunded

Is this not right? Now I’m confused

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t have anything to add

Sep 1, 2020, 12:55 PM

Just trying to keep your post and the top of the board until we get an answer

As a fellow time traveller I, too, have a question.

Sep 1, 2020, 1:07 PM

Why is everyone wearing masks?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is a highly contagious virus. Now, who exactly

Sep 1, 2020, 1:13 PM

thinks black lives don't matter?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Do you want a list of names or just a brief history of 2020?

Sep 1, 2020, 1:37 PM

Seriously, how can you still be confused at this point? Like maybe it's best to just pack it in and not engage in political discussions if you're that far out of the loop.

Remember that time an unarmed black guy named Ahmaud Arbery was chased and shot to death by three white guys and they weren't charged with anything because they were friends with the local DA but then everyone freaked out because it was a horrible miscarriage of justice and then finally after two months the cops were like, "Ok, we'll arrest the murderers since you got all mad about it." Then there was Breonna Taylor who was shot during a no-knock raid when the cops had the wrong address and they faced no consequences, but they arrested her boyfriend for returning fire. They let him go after people sufficiently freaked out about it. And then there was the lady who called 911 on a black bird watcher in central park and acted like he was threatening her even though he was minding his own business. After that George Floyd was killed by the police when a cop knelt on his neck for almost ten minutes and the cop faced no consequences until people freaked out and burned down a police station.

Situations like these make it seem as though a lot of people don't think black lives matter.

Re: Do you want a list of names or just a brief history of 2020?

Sep 1, 2020, 1:43 PM

I don't know what you're talking about.***

Sep 1, 2020, 1:44 PM

similar stuff like that happened in 2019

Sep 1, 2020, 1:45 PM [ in reply to Do you want a list of names or just a brief history of 2020? ]

and in 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, ...

2020 is not special, well except for the pandemic

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Exactly. A lot of black people get murdered every year. A

Sep 1, 2020, 2:28 PM

lot of white people do too.

- H. L. Mencken

And an election involving Trump***

Sep 1, 2020, 2:31 PM [ in reply to similar stuff like that happened in 2019 ]

Of course there are some bad, crazy people - I acknowledged

Sep 1, 2020, 2:24 PM [ in reply to Do you want a list of names or just a brief history of 2020? ]

that in my post. What percentage of Americans do you think don't care about black lives? Just a rough estimate - in your opinion.

- H. L. Mencken

Jeez, all this hullabaloo over 3 bad apples?***

Sep 1, 2020, 7:35 PM [ in reply to Do you want a list of names or just a brief history of 2020? ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

All Animals are equal

Sep 1, 2020, 1:15 PM

but some Animals are more equal than others

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question: Who is supposed to be against the idea that black

Sep 1, 2020, 2:17 PM

A few folks...

-Obviously, white supremacists and neo Nazi. That's a given. I think we can all agree there. The problem is that some of these folks have ultimately worked themselves into positions of power and authority.

-I think after that, they're looking at the treatment of blacks on the whole with law enforcement and the judicial system. Not that necessarily there are inequities intentionally crafted today by the first group I mentioned, but rather a carry over of a system from decades before that continues to thrive over prejudices whether realized or not. Perhaps even society as a whole falls into this category.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Okay, who are the white supremacists in positions of

Sep 1, 2020, 4:34 PM

power? And, how does law enforcement treat blacks in a way that would lead one to think that black lives matter less than white lives?

- H. L. Mencken

Re: Okay, who are the white supremacists in positions of

Sep 1, 2020, 9:55 PM

To your first question: I can't rattle of a list of names because how do we know who is what. But we know they can get there, like David Duke or Robert Byrd. If they can get there, any white supremacist can find a way in. We have to assume some have ascended to power and are exerting their influence.

If you want a current one, Stephen Miller. He is a proven white supremacist whom Trump has placed in a significant position of power.

Second question: It's more than law enforcement, but incarceration numbers, percentages of stops, shootings, killings, etc. I'm not going to debate the numbers. They've been posted and proven ad nauseum here and I don't need to dig them up again.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Sep 1, 2020, 2:17 PM

Smiling,

Do you recognize the possibility that plenty of people who will not say it still believe it - or act like it ?

I guess anything is possible, I'm just asking for some

Sep 1, 2020, 4:30 PM

evidence that more than just a tiny percentage of Americans think black lives don't matter.

- H. L. Mencken

was I not supposed to raise my hand here?

Sep 1, 2020, 4:35 PM

Lives Matter.

The president? And I'm sure many of his followers as well***

Sep 1, 2020, 4:46 PM

Sep 1, 2020, 5:28 PM

I have another question, why do you have the photo of an over-weight black guy with a fork in his mouth as your photo?

If you happen to be an over-weight black guy, then I'll just walk away.

But if you're not, then you might ask yourself why you chose that particular photo out of trillions of possible photos.

As to your original question, ask Sen. Tim Scott (R) from South Carolina why he thinks he got pulled over by the cops 7 times in 1 year and was never cited for any violation? He'll tell you what he's told everyone, "I was guilty of being a black man driving a car".

You're such a dumfok.

Sep 1, 2020, 9:41 PM

The "overweight black guy with a fork in his mouth" is none other than Larry Shreve, otherwise known as Abdullah The Butcher in the good old days of professional rasslin'. Even though he was actually from Canada, the 400lb Butcher was billed as "The Madman From The Sudan", and lacking great pure wrestling ability, his schtick was, as a deranged savage, to "butcher" his opponent with a sharp object such as the fork you see in his mouth (it was his favorite, even though he'd use whatever was handy, such as piece of plastic or a ball point pen). His matches usually involved a lot of blood. He was one of rasslin's most colorful and outrageous figures, the kind of character that made rasslin' great back in the day (before Vince McMahon ruined it), and as such was one of my favorites. But leave it to an ignorant but preachy lib to turn an innocent youthful pastime into something hateful. As for Tim Scott and his experience with racism, I've never doubted it or disputed it. I'm just looking for all of the people to whom black lives don't matter.

- H. L. Mencken

LOL, I'm whitey all over and I've been pulled over more

Sep 1, 2020, 10:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Question: Who is supposed to be against the idea that black ]

times than Lindsay Graham has been confused for the Pillsbury Doughboy's little brudda

Perception is everything. I've detailed before how an

Sep 2, 2020, 12:14 PM

African American co-worker complained of being profiled. He said it was because he was a black man driving a BMW in a white neighborhood. Just so happens, I was pulled over and searched in the same neighborhood about 2 weeks prior (I'm white). They said there had been drug activity in the neighborhood and my car fit the description (an old beat up Ford). I figured it was BS, but I cooperated and went about my business.

Had an African American neighbor who made a big deal out of not being served with a group of her black friends at a local Denny's. She was calling local news stations and the NAACP. Thing is, The exact same thing happened to me at that very same Denny's. I went in, was seated, but never got waited on. Several groups came in after me and were seated and served. I got up and walked out. Thing is, it was a brand new restaurant, with a new crew and management. It pissed me off, but I understood it was just chaos because everything was new. My African Americam neighbor of course, blamed it on racism.

- H. L. Mencken

Replies: 30
| visibility 722
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic