Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A few comments about the 2015 Clemson Tigers;
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 3,835

A few comments about the 2015 Clemson Tigers;

Jun 10, 2017, 1:15 PM

I have watched that national title game a few times, mostly in the year following the game and before the big win over Alabama by the 2016 team. When I watched, I could not make myself go past the onside kick in which Alabama tied the game at 24. This past week, however, I did go beyond that point. Since we came back and won the national championship by beating Alabama, it is very easy to go back and watch beyond the onside kick part now. Amazing how that works.

When I did go back and watch the whole game, I was reminded at just how great that Clemson team was. The game was lost on two special teams plays, the onside kick and the kick return for a touchdown. The offense and defense for Clemson that game, was amazing. I look into the eyes of those players as the game was winding down and they never quit for one second. As one Bama player said, Clemson just kept coming and coming. I used to wonder if that team had Mike Williams, Deon Cain, and McKenzie Alexander (for the second half), could they have still overcome the kick blunders. Who knows? What I do know is that they were all Alabama wanted. I can't say enough for the performance that team put on in that game, particularly the players in the trenches.The defensive line definitely put on a national champion winning performance. Some of the players on that team, playing in their final game, deserved a better fate. And those that returned for 2016 team showed their heart by willing their way to a national championship game win. I will not forget the determination and lack of intimidation I could see in the eyes of that 2015 team on that evening, particularly the players in the trenches.

In my opinion, the 2015 team, a national runner-up #2 team in the country, ACC champion and Orange Bowl champion, deserves to be mentioned in the same breath with the 1981 and 2016 national champions every time the discussion comes up. How many schools can ever say they had a team finish #2 in the nation and runner-up in the national championship game. I will not forget the great win over Notre Dame, the complete destruction of Miami on the road, the home win over FSU, the gutsy win in columbia, and the thrilling ACC Champiionship game. And that Orange Bowl game to stop all the talk of Oklahoma getting revenge from the year before.

I guess what I am trying to say is I will never forget the 2015 team, how great of a national title game they played, and how great of a season they gave us. The season was amazing and they deserve to be in a class with the 1981 and 2016 Clemson Tigers. Thank you to that team!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A few comments about the 2015 Clemson Tigers;

Jun 10, 2017, 1:31 PM

Yea, such a special team. They really had the "IT" factor and played very well as a team. As hard as it is to replace guys like that, we are rolling on the recruiting end and I think the future will remain bright.

Jun 10, 2017, 3:53 PM

I just can't seem to get over that loss. I felt so strongly that they deserved to win and was broken hearted for the team, particularly those who were playing their last game at Clemson.
Blessings to Ben Boulware for recognizing them after the 2016 Championship.

The best part of the 2 games leading up to each NC game

Jun 10, 2017, 1:47 PM

was they were both "Shut up" games for us. Both against OU and OSU, we proved not only we belonged but that we were the FAR superior team. Both games shut up the doubters. We didn't finish the first time, but we did the 2nd time. I'll take it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree. Good post!***

Jun 10, 2017, 1:58 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 10, 2017, 3:37 PM

I have always felt that a healthy Alexander in that game and we would have won it. I guess we will never know.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 10, 2017, 4:22 PM

I agree about Alexander but another thing people don't realize is that Bradley Pinion left early, what if he had come back and kicked the kickoff out of the end zone that Bama returned for a touchdown.

Special teams ultimately cost us the game...

Jun 10, 2017, 4:05 PM

...Yes, I know there were other opportunities but thinking about if we had our head on straight and looked for the onsides kick I know we would have three nattys now.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The dirt peckers take pride in the 2015 team too

Jun 10, 2017, 4:08 PM

seeing as they "only lost by 5" (one of their proudest moments in their history).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Well if clemson had paid attention to

Jun 10, 2017, 5:11 PM

The crappy special teams earlier in the year we would be celebrating back to back national titles.

Jun 10, 2017, 6:38 PM

I respectfully disagree. The two blown coverages by our secondary resulting in walk-in touchdowns are what did us in. Absent those, we would have overcome the on-sides kick and the kickoff return.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ClemTigs

Replies: 10
| visibility 3,835
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic