Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A WORD OF CAUTION to true CLEMSON Tigernetters:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

A WORD OF CAUTION to true CLEMSON Tigernetters:

Oct 11, 2012, 8:53 AM

This is not meant as negative criticism toward anyone; rather a good lesson about dealing with people I learned long ago. It may be wise to consider an old saw: when it concerns family, blood is almost always thicker than water. That is, it's risky to allow yourself to intercede in other folks' family matters, especially by making disparaging remarks about a particular family member. The discussions about RN are cases in point. Therefore, I believe the better option is to encourage his signing with Clemson...and let our coaching staff encourage his Mother, as they certainly know how to do!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well said. In other words, stay classy my friends***

Oct 11, 2012, 8:59 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A WORD OF CAUTION to true CLEMSON Tigernetters:

Oct 11, 2012, 9:02 AM

I agree. His Mother is his Mother, and I don't know about anybody else, but in my opinion, there is nothing else in the world like a Mother's love. Never underestimate that bond and the influence she has on his life, even from Nigeria. Now, that being said, I do believe he will sign with us. I believe his Mother will find out Clemson is a great place for her son to spend the next few years, and it will be the best decision of his life.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed and well said!***

Oct 11, 2012, 2:44 PM

Re: Agreed and well said!***

Oct 12, 2012, 11:10 PM

Thank you! I said it because I believe it. My Mother was the most influential person in my life, and her values surface time and time again, even when I want to do otherwise, I know the direction she would want me to take. I am sure Robert's Mother is a great lady, and Robert is who he is because she has had that influence on him. She will come around, because, at the end of the day, she will see that Dabo represents the values she has tried to instill in her kids. We are very blessed at Clemson, and I hope Robert becomes a part of what we have!

Great statement!***

Oct 11, 2012, 9:05 AM

Does this only apply to players?

Oct 11, 2012, 9:05 AM

Can I talk about the mothers of other posters if they try to get all up in my face?

Re: Does this only apply to players?

Oct 11, 2012, 9:08 AM

only if you're an orphan

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've, also, found it best over the years to talk about

Oct 11, 2012, 9:08 AM [ in reply to Does this only apply to players? ]

their wives or ex's...in most cases they will agree with you! lol

Re:I agree

Oct 11, 2012, 9:09 AM

not sure why she reacted the way she did about Clemson but I'm fairly sure this will get worked out and she will get to visit and see what Robert likes. I have the impression she doesnt know much about the school

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

She certainly is a very intelligent lady and quite

Oct 11, 2012, 9:16 AM

accomplished. Most Mothers normally are going to be concerned for their children's welfare, and I believe Dabo and staff understand this and have been waiting for an opportunity to meet with her and discuss the recruitment. They will certainly encourage her to visit Clemson, which I feel certain she will. Considering our staff's successes, I simply will support their efforts and offer my compliments and best wishes to RN and his entire family.

Re: She certainly is a very intelligent lady and quite

Oct 11, 2012, 9:29 AM

yeah it must be tough having responsibilities in Nigeria and also trying to take care of family here. I'm sure where ever she is she probably needs to be in the other place. I admire her commitment to both and wish here the best in managing those responsibilities

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IMO he's not coming to CU.

Oct 11, 2012, 9:32 AM [ in reply to She certainly is a very intelligent lady and quite ]

I wouldn't want to be this kid for anything in the world. Way too much pressure for someone to deal with. His mother is in another country and all she wants is the reassurance her son is going to be ok. IMO he ends up with his brother at Ole Miss. She knows he will be ok there and they can be there for each other. Do I believe Dabo can get him? Absolutely. Do I think we have a really strong shot with his teammates and best friend already here at CU (Schuessler)? Yes, but in the end blood truly is thicker than anything else. I just hope we have a plan B in place to grab someone last minute that is worthy.

Well, there is one fact worth remembering: everyone will

Oct 11, 2012, 9:43 AM

know his decision on signing day. At this point in time he has not withdrawn his verbal; thus, I choose to offer no definitive statement otherwise and to let our staff complete the recruitment. There are numerous examples of brothers attending different schools...the Mannings and Davis's come to mind; thus, whether or not that issue becomes a deciding factor is moot.

Steward's mom wanted him to go to FSU.***

Oct 11, 2012, 3:04 PM [ in reply to IMO he's not coming to CU. ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And there have been numerous, similiar stories over

Oct 23, 2012, 9:26 AM

the years with most all schools. We have to depend upon our staff's abilities...and wish for the best.

Danny Ford always recruited the mom ******

Oct 11, 2012, 10:05 AM

Frank Howard used to recruit the Daddy's...first by

Oct 11, 2012, 10:14 AM

swapping plugs of "chaw," then by swapping jokes. Once he won over the menfolk, then he'd give the Momma's a pie...and that seemed to do the trick! LOL (j/k)

Hartins is my man.***

Oct 11, 2012, 10:16 AM

LOL....My Dad said that once to me when I was about 11...

Oct 11, 2012, 10:29 AM

then said: "OK Man...now go cut the grass." I fell for it....

I don't think most people on here have a problem with RN

Oct 11, 2012, 10:47 AM

I think it's his momma that everyone's a little irritated with. And in-laws are fair game.

Seriously, I feel for him, but he seems to have his head on straight, and that's all that matters. It's a tough age for anyone because RN's at that age where you still have to respect your parents. You always do that. But as you grow up and become an adult, you will learn that you don't always have to listen to them. As you become an adult you will find that you learned just as much from your parents weaknesses as from their strengths. And as an adult, you must make the choice as to when to follow in their footsteps, and when to step outside of their footsteps.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And I do think most parents allow their children to make

Oct 11, 2012, 10:56 AM

decisions for themselves. I believe in RN's case that his Mother simply wants to make sure he has considered all his options and has made a decision free from undue pressure. That then becomes not only the staff's job but RN's as well. My main concern is for negative posts about his Mother, some of which no doubt, are generated by the lurker types...others by folks that probably are a little unschooled in the finer nuances of dealing with others' family matters.

Yep, Hartins...the old sage & wisdom in you shines again!***

Oct 11, 2012, 11:41 AM

GoTiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

agreed bill***

Oct 11, 2012, 11:43 AM

LOL....At least you got the "old" right. Might doubt the

Oct 11, 2012, 1:15 PM [ in reply to Yep, Hartins...the old sage & wisdom in you shines again!*** ]

sage and wisdom part.

Re: LOL....At least you got the "old" right. Might doubt the

Oct 12, 2012, 5:13 PM

you're still a kid.i'm older and looking forward to age 72,because my dad told me that after that birthday,there are no sins.you can do anything you want.imagine the possibilities.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Well, at least I can claim that I am a proud holder

Oct 12, 2012, 5:54 PM

of a Medicare Card, Plans A and B. (lol) However, I congratulate you while expressing a slight sense of envy due to your upcoming 72nd! May you enjoy all the pleasures now that your Dad may have chided you for at a much younger age!

Re: Well, at least I can claim that I am a proud holder

Oct 12, 2012, 6:24 PM

unfortunately i still have 6 more years to go.and if the mayan calendar is right,i might never get there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Not all parents deserve that much credit

Oct 11, 2012, 4:47 PM [ in reply to And I do think most parents allow their children to make ]

They can also be childish and self-serving. None of us know her motivations.

Of course, MC, you are correct, and that's why I used the

Oct 12, 2012, 4:58 PM

word "most." As to RN, I believe his Mother is genuinely concerned for his welfare. Very few, over-dominating parents would have felt comfortable enough to have left a child in care of others without having a certain confidence in the child. Thus far, her confidence seems to have been well-founded. I, also, understand situations in families that require a parent (or both) to be away from home for extended periods of time with a child remaining under another's care. RN appears to be a very likable young man, well-grounded and extremely talented, which is a great indication of a strong family life.

Oct 11, 2012, 3:06 PM

Well said. If she makes him go to ol Miss then they can deal with an unhappy young man... We know how that turns out

Oct 12, 2012, 4:24 PM

How true!

Wise Counsel & Thumbs-up***

Oct 12, 2012, 11:23 PM

Hartins, you are a wise man***

Oct 13, 2012, 9:56 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

LOL....Thanks, but I think "wizened" would be a better word!***

Oct 13, 2012, 10:14 AM

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic