Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
***WATCH: 1989 Clemson-Carolina Game 45-0
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,611

***WATCH: 1989 Clemson-Carolina Game 45-0

Jun 26, 2020, 9:36 AM

Never a bad time to celebrate a fullscale chicken kickin', and this game has always stood out in my mind as one of our finest moments. The physical domination and talent gap remind me a lot of some more recent games in the rivalry, but for obvious reasons this game will always stand alongside 63-17 and 56-7 as high water marks in the rivalry. I still remember watching this game as a freshman in high school and taunting some friends by playing my mom's Tiger Rag keychain on their answering machines (for some reason they didn't answer their rotary phones that night). My mom taught at my high school, and she talked so much #### that one of our football coaches once told me that she may have been the most ruthless fan he had ever encountered at any level. Naturally, I took great family pride in that comment.

I also love the fact that this game was called by my favorite announcer, Mr. Ron Franklin. We even get a preview of what it's like to have Todd Ellis in the booth for some Tiger domination in Willy B. Shoutout to @MBRO for giving me the ability to capture the game as well as the resulting Danny Ford and Sparky Woods shows. I am currently fighting with Youtube over my 3 hour 2019 season highlight reel, but I hope to have it back online within the week here.

Please share with anyone who might enjoy a stroll down beatdown lane, as I think @Joe Cobb has relayed the story on here before of how the team debuted the orange britches on the road in Cola before opening up a 45-0 can on the chickens. Go Tigers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR2lSrBY9Jk&t=208s

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sweet memory

Jun 26, 2020, 10:15 AM

I was living in Alabama at the time and came home with my wife and young son for Thanksgiving. My dad had been given a couple of tickets by an industrial supply vendor so he and I went to the game in Columbusville.
The seats were decent in the lower commode level around the 20-25 yd line. However, we were surrounded by very mouthy USC, excuse me, U of SC fans. One directly in front of my dad was especially mouthy before the game and very early on. My dad was 56 at the time and could have made light work of this DB, but patiently kept quiet and smiled at the U of SC fan when some nonsense would come out of his Gamecock mouth. It got quiet after a bit and as the DB packed up to leave, my dad asked him what the score was and why he was leaving. The dude had actual tears of frustration and left speechless. We stayed of course to the very end. By that time we had plenty of room to stretch out. Had Ebola been raging in the stadium we would have been very safe as the Gamecock fans were then and I'm sure to follow avid practitioners of social or physical distancing.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was a Junior at Clemson and went to this game.

Jun 26, 2020, 10:26 AM

Sat in the end zone and watched us humiliate them. It was very cold that night I remember that. Without re-watching this all, wasn't this when Terry Allen went out with a hurt knee?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ***WATCH: 1989 Clemson-Carolina Game 45-0

Jun 26, 2020, 10:47 AM

I was at this game. It was a great night cold just right for a chicken roast. We actually tailgated with a gamecock family who could not have been nicer. They provide so much food and accepted the defeat graciously.

It’s was one of the best times I had at at Clemson-Carolina game.

Thank you for sharing a very meaningful past memory.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was there. My first win attending a Clemson/uscjr. game.

Jun 26, 2020, 12:26 PM

the only time I have ever had to whip someone at a football game.

Message was edited by: MyfavOrange®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That game was a week after my wedding. Great times!***

Jun 26, 2020, 3:39 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That game was a week after my wedding. Great times!***

Jun 26, 2020, 5:50 PM

I was with my new wife to. We had been married 2 1/2 years. We had a blast. Best of Times.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,611
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic