Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Today, we rest.
Tiger Boards - The Amphitheatre
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 604

Today, we rest.

Jul 7, 2024, 7:50 AM

But, there are times when life forces you not to. Growing up on a farm, we were at the mercy of the weather. No such things as irrigation systems back then, and even if there were, that could only solve one half of your potential weather problems.

My Dad very, very seldom did any farm work on a Sunday. But, I do remember a few instances, where a crop had to be harvested, and the forecast said bad weather was imminent for the rest of the week following a clear Sunday. Then, the combines would run. The family had to eat, and those crop harvests were what provided the income for that to happen.

My Dad was a farmer to the very end. When he died, our community was in the midst of about a month long drought. Crops were dying in the field from lack of rain. On the day of his funeral, we had a frog strangler thunderstorm, the likes of which is seldom seen nowadays. One of the other old farmers came up to me and said "Your daddy went up there and told the Lord we needed rain, and HERE IT IS!" And it was, too. I thought we might all get electrocuted in the cemetery from lightning strikes on umbrellas.

We got a little rain yesterday, too. But, much more is needed. Help the farmers out again, Dad. In Jesus name we pray,
Amen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Today, we rest.

Jul 7, 2024, 7:52 AM

Amen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Today, we rest.

Jul 7, 2024, 8:51 AM

Amen.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 604
Tiger Boards - The Amphitheatre
add New Topic