Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
To beat Pitt feed Mafah.
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 9
| visibility 1438

To beat Pitt feed Mafah.

Oct 25, 2024, 5:11 PM

Yeah I think it’s that simple. Feed Mafah sprinkled with a QB run game. Only throwing the ball 20-25 times. Clemson wins this the key is to avoid turnovers. 3 pick 6s is what killed Syracuse. Clemson needs to protect the football.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To beat Pitt feed Mafah.

Oct 25, 2024, 5:17 PM

I certainly want to see us establish the run, but I don't want to see us come out too conservative. No doubt we want to win the turnover battle and keep mistakes to a minimum. I'm guessing there could be a lot of in game adjustments in this one.

I would expect if we get a lead, Dabo will want to see a more ball-controlled offense...

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed. And if they "sell out to stop the run"...

Oct 25, 2024, 5:20 PM

Make them pay for it by taking the top off their defense. Then maybe the offense can score 41 points on them in less than 20 minutes before any defensive scores. It would good for that and the VT game to be "leave no doubt" performances.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2024, 5:29 PM

How about to beat Pitt don’t give them 21 points on turnovers. I dont see them scoring enough points without help to win

Oct 25, 2024, 5:31 PM

I think that was why the FSU game played out the way it did. Dabo was going to make sure we didn't help them with a comeback.

Oct 25, 2024, 6:20 PM

I want to see us impose our will. If that means we are better at passing then we need to pass and make them shut it down. If we are better at the run game then yeah run Mafah down there throat. I would say right now especially with Westco we have been better at throwing the ball. I really think being balanced is what will eventually let us take control of the game.

Narduzi puts his CB's on an Island. Stacks Box.

Oct 25, 2024, 6:31 PM

Pitt really trust their CB. You might be upset when you do not see Clemson running it a ton. Narduzi is known for putting his DB's on an island and stacking the box. His nerves allow him to roll the dice that his defense will get home on a blitz and that his secondary will hold up just long enough.

When he has the right players who fit that system; they are really tough. But, if a team has a QB that does not panic against the blitz - #1. #2. A team has an accurate QB that makes the layup passes when they are playing off coverage( zone blitzing ).

Seems his theory is: "if you can withstand that; I'll tip my hat to you"!

Wesco and Turner will be needed to take the top off the defense early and often. Mafah will have to be on point in Pass Pro. Hit a few of those and play sound defense without turning the ball over and we beat Pitt by at least 2 TD's. Among other things of course: block well, tackle well, execute at a high lever on offense, defense and special teams.

Re: Narduzi puts his CB's on an Island. Stacks Box.

Oct 25, 2024, 7:15 PM

Why would you change an offense that has been as productive as Clemson has since the UGA game?

Re: Narduzi puts his CB's on an Island. Stacks Box.

Oct 25, 2024, 7:18 PM

waterboyII said:

Why would you change an offense that has been as productive as Clemson has since the UGA game?

Yep! Basically, just run the offense.

Oct 26, 2024, 9:08 AM

Pitt's front seven might have something to say about our run game.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1438
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next