Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Last 2 QBs
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1877

Last 2 QBs

Jul 27, 2024, 2:13 AM

It is weird that both DJ and Cade had their best performances of their career in their first “real” game.

DJ did not win vs Notre Dame, but we felt secure about the future.

And the same for Cade

Is it the pressure of being the main guy after that first game?

Has nothing to do with Cade this coming season, just that it’s weirdly similar

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Combination of that and the drop in offensive skill around them..

Jul 27, 2024, 8:30 AM

Compared to what DW4 & TL had around them.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Last 2 QBs

Jul 27, 2024, 8:31 AM

I would have to believe that a certain amount of the success is that the opponent isn't ready for the backup. No film, nothing to base a defense on. If the backup has a different style, all the better for disruption. We have had our share of defensive issues going up against a "rival", with a new QB, and having to adjust. Once that new QB has film, where opposing DC's can spot the issues, now you start to see how good they really are.

I would have to agree, though, that there is something to the idea of playing "loose" because the expectations aren't the same. Maybe less playbook, more pressure on an experienced rb/o-line/wr set.

Or it could be that dj vs ND, the defense wasn't that good. We know that UNC's defense was as "holey" as mother Theresa

I think that speaks to the subpar coaching they have received.

Jul 27, 2024, 8:32 AM

They have both shown the ability to succeed at the college level. They didn’t develop as expected, and I don’t think it is because of a lack of effort on their part.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I think that speaks to the subpar coaching they have received.

Jul 27, 2024, 10:15 AM

Go away JK. No one cares about your back handed remarks.

Jul 27, 2024, 11:17 AM [ in reply to I think that speaks to the subpar coaching they have received. ]

Troll on troll!!!!

DJU was on the Heisman Watch list 7 games into the 2022 season you lying troll.

Jul 27, 2024, 11:28 AM [ in reply to I think that speaks to the subpar coaching they have received. ]

His 3rd year in the system here, and a significant improvement over his 2021 season as a first year starter. We were 7-0 at the time on a 13-game winning streak. His YTD #'s mirrored that of both DW4 and TL16. What happened next has kind of been DJU's problem over the years - when expectations are huge, he backtracks, and that's exactly what happened to finish out 2022, falling one game short of a Final 4 appearance before it was over.

Non-haters and non-trolls are looking ahead at 2024 and expecting a similar bump up in performance in CK's 2nd year starting that DJU experienced in his.

Message was edited by: wildblulou®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2024, 1:49 PM [ in reply to I think that speaks to the subpar coaching they have received. ]

The only person that your argument applies to is Cade.

Deshaun, TL, and DJ all had Streeter their whole career.

Did I say anything about effort?

They are turnover prone. I really hope Cade has the ability to learn and apply it on the field. He can learn all he wants, but if he can’t have composure, his thoughts will make him forget everything during a game

It has to do with so many things that you couldn’t even imagine. From the receivers to the decisions made about special teams.

If the system is running smooth, everything works.

If part of the system, or especially multiple parts, are not working, the whole system won’t work.

Clemson’s entire offensive and defensive systems rely on a good QB in command. Our defense with rest in between drives is scary. But not when Cade fumbles right when we get the ball.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1877
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic