Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hill Watch...127 days!!!
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 41
| visibility 351

Hill Watch...127 days!!!

Apr 26, 2024, 12:05 AM

ALL IN!!! GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hill Watch...127 days!!!

Outstanding! Thanks O.J.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

TGIF

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Very Nice!!

Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

127 - Dexter Davis Registered 127 Clemson Tackles

Clemson DB Dexter Davis (1988-1990) was a monster on the field. Off the field, he is yet another outstanding representative of Clemson.

While at Clemson:

According to Sports Illustrated, Dexter Davis registered the following stats at Clemson:

“Davis tallied 127 tackles and 10 interceptions (one returned for a touchdown) through his career as a Tiger. He received All-ACC honors in 1989 and 1990. In 1990, Davis led the ACC in interceptions with six in addition to 36 stops on the year. He went on to play six years in the NFL.”

https://www.si.com/college/clemson/football/clemsons-10-best-top-defensive-backs-in-program-history

ClemsonTigers.com added the following stats for Davis:

“Davis was a starter on Clemson’s great defenses between 1988-90, when the Tigers had a 10-2 record and finished in the top 12 of the AP poll each year. The 1988 team won the ACC championship, as Davis became the first Tiger first-year freshman to start at cornerback under Head Coach Danny Ford.

A first-team freshman All-American by Sporting News, his final pass breakup of the season was a game-saver in the endzone that clinched Clemson’s 13-6 win over Oklahoma in the Citrus Bowl.

In 1989, Davis started all 12 games and was named second-team All-ACC by UPI. He accumulated 55 tackles, three interceptions and 16 pass breakups. As a junior in the 1990 season, Davis had a career-high 85 tackles and led the ACC in interceptions (6). That 1990 defense was Clemson’s first to lead the nation in total defense.”

https://clemsontigers.com/dexter-davis/

According to Sports-Reference.com, Dexter Davis also returned 30 punts for 202 yards (6.7 average).

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/dexter-davis-2.htmlc

After Clemson:

The Phoenix Cardinals selected Dexter Davis with the 86th pick (4th Round) of the 1991 NFL Draft. He played five NFL seasons for three different teams (although four cities): Phoenix Cardinals, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and Los Angeles Rams - St. Louis Rams. According to Pro-Football-Reference.com, Davis registered the following stats during those five seasons:

Dexter Davis (1991-1995):
- 59 NFL Games
- 58 Tackles
- 2 Interceptions Returned for 27 Yards (13.5 Average)
- 4 Fumble Recoveries Returned for 7 Yards (1.75 Average)

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DaviDe20.htm

After his NFL career, Dexter Davis has consistently given back to others. In 2022, Davis was the recipient of the 2022 Brian Dawkins Lifetime Achievement Award. ClemsonTigers.com explains how the award recipient is chosen:

Since 2013, Head Coach Dabo Swinney has presented the Brian Dawkins Lifetime Achievement Award to a former Clemson player who has consistently demonstrated the qualities of leadership, community service and other high qualities that are consistent with excellence since graduating from the Tiger program.

“Receiving the Brian Dawkins Lifetime Achievement Award is a great honor,” said the former Tiger standout. “It was a memorable evening in January when I received the award at the football banquet.”

The same article quoted Davis after receiving the award:

“Coach Hatfield always talked to us about being more than just a football player.”

That was the center point of Davis’ message when he received the award on Jan. 15.

“My message to the audience tied Jesus as the carpenter to being so much more…be more than just a football player. What do people know about you other than being a football player? What experiences do you give people over your life?”

It is easy to see why Dexter Davis won this award. Staying with that ClemsonTigers.com article:

“At the conclusion of his playing career, Davis began a coaching career as an assistant at Morgan State on the staff of his good friend, Stump Mitchell. He finished his degree requirements while serving as the defensive backs coach. One of his players at Morgan State was Daronte Jones, who was LSU’s defensive coordinator during the 2021 season.

Davis went into high school coaching at Battery Creek High School in Beaufort, S.C. He later started the program at Southside Christian School in Simpsonville, S.C. Between 2005-07, at the urging of his former coach, NFL legend Jim Johnson, Davis coached in NFL Europe for the Hamburg Sea Devils. Davis prided himself in the development of undersized All-Pro cornerback Brent Grimes.

Davis is currently the president and CEO of Eagle Universal Services, a company that provides unique engineering and construction contracting services. The company’s customers include the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, U.S. Navy, U.S. Marines, NFL and Bank of America.

Davis has been a long-time member of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes and has worked with Atlanta-based programs at Georgia State, Morris Brown and Morehouse. He also has worked for the Atlanta Falcons as a “character coach” and has been director of football ministries in Brazil, Hungary and East Africa.

Davis serves on the board of the Kenya Project, serving students in East Africa. He also serves as the vice chair of the Liberty STEAM Charter School in Sumter.

Davis was named to the city of Sumter Hall of Fame and Sumter High School Hall of Fame. In 1996, he was named to Clemson’s Centennial Football Team.”

And, according to The Item:

In recent years, Davis has become more active locally through serving on the board of directors for Sumter's first public charter school - Liberty STEAM Charter School - and in January, he was appointed to the South Carolina Public Charter School District Board of Trustees to help carry the vision of Liberty STEAM forward to the state level.

"Education has allowed me to be more than just a football player," he said. "I have been able to create these new pathways because I chose to get immersed in different academics. I did not know anything about running a business until I went to an entrepreneurship program, and that was like another certification for me. I had to go learn how to start a company and so forth.

He knows how to be an asset to his community as an entrepreneur because he has done it himself, Davis said.

"You cannot tell me that is not possible because I have done it," he said. "And nothing gives me the platform to do it more than simply I chose to. This is America, and if you choose to apply yourself, then you can create a pathway to be an asset in your community if you want to. It is as simple as that."

https://www.theitem.com/stories/dexter-davis-wants-to-help-lead-sumter-to-more-success-through-liberty-steam,413074

Clemson: Academic Excellence! Athletic Excellence!

Re: 127 - Dexter Davis Registered 127 Clemson Tackles

Apr 26, 2024, 12:08 AM

I haven’t heard Dexter Davis’s name in a long time.

Thank you for rekindling the memories!!

Great story!!

Re: 127 - Dexter Davis Registered 127 Clemson Tackles

Apr 26, 2024, 11:51 AM [ in reply to 127 - Dexter Davis Registered 127 Clemson Tackles ]

Shout out to Dexter. Growing up, he lived on the same road as my cousins and he played basketball with the guys at my grandmother's house.

Bring back those paw stickers!!***

Apr 27, 2024, 12:29 AM [ in reply to 127 - Dexter Davis Registered 127 Clemson Tackles ]

GO TIGERS! Happy Cosmo Friday!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers!***

Apr 26, 2024, 12:06 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

127 - 127 Years Since the Chickens had a Winning Record Against Clemson

Apr 26, 2024, 12:07 AM

In yesterday’s Hill Watch, we mentioned that Clemson had played 128 football seasons. Clemson began playing football in 1896.

It is worth noting that during these 128 seasons, there has been another school in the state of South Carolina that has wanted desperately to be seen as a rival to Clemson. A comparison between the two programs makes that thought laughable.

Wikipedia has a page dedicated to the Clemson vs Gamechickens series. According to Wikipedia, Clemson played its first game against the Gamechickens on November 12, 1896. The Chickens managed to win that one 12-6. For one year, the Chickens had a winning record (1-0) against Clemson.

It has been all downhill for the Chickens ever since.

After Clemson won the second game between the schools 20-6 on November 11, 1897, the series was tied.

After Clemson won Game 3 24-0 on November 17, 1898, Clemson took a lead in the series that it has never relinquished – and never will.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clemson%E2%80%93South_Carolina_rivalry

For the record:
It has been 127 years since the Chickens had a winning record against Clemson. NO ONE ALIVE TODAY has ever seen South Carolina with a winning record against Clemson.

And with such a big lead over South Carolina, NO ONE alive today ever will see the Chickens catch Clemson in the series. The Good Guys lead the series 73-43-4. I might think that was a misprint if I did not already know what a one-sided series it is.

Comparing the two programs quickly reveals why the series is so one-sided. According to Winsipedia:

- Head-to-Head Series Victories:
Clemson: 73
S.Car: 43
Ties: 4

- Conference Championships:
Clemson: 27
S.Car: 1

- National Championships:
Clemson: 3
S.Car: 0

- Weeks in AP Poll:
Clemson: 496 (18th)
S.Car: 191 (47th)

- Weeks at AP #1:
Clemson: 25 (16th)
S.Car: 0 (44th)

https://www.winsipedia.com/clemson/vs/south-carolina

The series is so one-sided that Clemson Paw Prints have mysteriously appeared on the Gamechicken field on different occasions. Sort of like what one finds in the animal kingdom when the dominant species marks its territory.

Paw Print on Gamechicken field in 2013 (this picture was posted on FitsNews):

https://www.fitsnews.com/2013/04/16/clemson-paw-painted-on-gamecock-football-field/

In 2014, another paw print appeared on the Chicken field (this picture was posted on CBS Sports):

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/photo-another-clemson-paw-painted-on-south-carolinas-field/

127 years since the Chickens had a winning record against Clemson. Perhaps some of our great-grandparents actually saw it.

Clemson: Academic Excellence! Athletic Excellence!

Re: 127 - 127 Years Since the Chickens had a Winning Record Against Clemson

Apr 26, 2024, 12:11 AM

Little brother!

Apr 26, 2024, 12:16 AM

GO TIGERS!!!

Slowly but Shirley!!! We're getting there!!

Apr 26, 2024, 1:23 AM

Good morning TNet and Jedi Kermit, InspectorM, Clover75, BigAl31, sabletiger,malang86

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Slowly but Shirley!!! We're getting there!!

Apr 26, 2024, 1:29 AM

Good morning

Good morning MfO!

Apr 26, 2024, 6:12 AM [ in reply to Slowly but Shirley!!! We're getting there!! ]

Happy Friday!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 26, 2024, 6:23 AM [ in reply to Slowly but Shirley!!! We're getting there!! ]

Good Morning MyfavOrange!

Have a great Solid Orange Friday!

GO TIGERS! BEAT THE CARDINALS AND LADY CARDINALS!

I try to save a life a day, usually it is my own.

Hey Clover, you got ten years younger all of a sudsens!

Apr 26, 2024, 7:04 AM [ in reply to Slowly but Shirley!!! We're getting there!! ]

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 26, 2024, 8:03 AM [ in reply to Slowly but Shirley!!! We're getting there!! ]

Good morning MyfavOrange®

Apr 26, 2024, 8:37 AM [ in reply to Slowly but Shirley!!! We're getting there!! ]

Good morning MfO!

Apr 26, 2024, 1:30 AM

All the way with O.J.

GO TIGERS

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Apr 26, 2024, 1:31 AM

GO TIGERS!!!

Apr 26, 2024, 3:57 AM

North Carolina Highway 127 is a 24.6 mile state highway that connects rural areas of Catawba and Alexander counties to Hickory running from the south end at NC 10 in Propst Crossroads to the north end at US 64 in Ellendale and going through Mountain View, Hickory, and Bethlehem.

Lenoir-Rhyne University is a private liberal arts Lutheran university in Hickory, North Carolina. It was founded in 1891 as Lenoir College by the Evangelical Lutheran Church. In 1928, it became Lenoir-Rhyne College and in 2008 became Lenoir-Rhyne University. In addition to the Hickory campus, there are campuses in Asheville, NC and Columbia, SC. There are about 2,700 students on 107 acres of campuses in 50 undergraduate and 20 graduate degree programs. The athletic teams, the Bears, compete in NCAA Division II in the South Atlantic Conference. Notable alumni include actor Burgess Jenkins, fisherman Elwood Perry, and former Clemson basketball coach Rick Barnes.

Apr 26, 2024, 6:51 AM

I had a couple of friends that went to Lenoir-Rhyne.
Pretty neat little campus!!

Woooo

Apr 26, 2024, 5:37 AM

No Hooo

Go Tigers 🐅

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Go Tigers !***

Apr 17, 2023, 1:39 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers!!!

Apr 26, 2024, 5:50 AM

18 weeks and 1 day, Beat the Bulldogs!!!

Apr 26, 2024, 5:54 AM

Thanks, O.J.

GO TIGERS!!!!

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Go Tigers!***

Apr 26, 2024, 6:10 AM

Apr 26, 2024, 6:20 AM

Another day closer!

GO TIGERS!

I try to save a life a day, usually it is my own.

Go Tigers!!!***

Apr 26, 2024, 6:25 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 26, 2024, 6:35 AM

Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 26, 2024, 6:55 AM

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of '87

Roar!

Apr 26, 2024, 6:59 AM

This is going to be our year!

Go, Tigers!

Apr 26, 2024, 7:30 AM

Day by day,

Tigers all the way,

Thanks O.J.!

Lets go Tigers!!***

Apr 26, 2024, 7:59 AM

Go Tigers***

Apr 26, 2024, 8:20 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 27, 2024, 12:26 AM

Can you wake O.J. up to post Hill Watch for today?***

Apr 27, 2024, 12:27 AM

Re: Can you wake O.J. up to post Hill Watch for today?***

Apr 27, 2024, 12:30 AM

I'm about to give up for the night.

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Can you wake O.J. up to post Hill Watch for today?***

Apr 27, 2024, 12:31 AM [ in reply to Can you wake O.J. up to post Hill Watch for today?*** ]

If we make enough posts about O.J., he might subconsciously pick up on the vibes and wake from his sleep.

Replies: 41
| visibility 351
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next