Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Building beside Judge Kellers
Tiger Boards - The Amphitheatre
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 4
| visibility 1188

Building beside Judge Kellers

Aug 21, 2024, 7:31 PM

Anybody know what they are building in the building they tore down beside Judge Keller’s? I think it used to be the old jail.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Building beside Judge Kellers

Aug 21, 2024, 7:34 PM

Nevermind…found an article on Google.

https://upstatetoday.com/news/clemson-receives-arc-grant-starts-improvements/article_3a56306c-4efc-11ef-b85a-eb2dd84fa7a5.html

You mind giving a short summary?

Aug 21, 2024, 8:49 PM

That articles behind a paywall for me

Re: You mind giving a short summary?

Aug 21, 2024, 9:27 PM

The city of Clemson was recently awarded a grant from the Appalachian Regional Commission (ARC) to spruce up the downtown.

The $750,000 grant will be used for “streetscape improvements and reimagining of the city owned property downtown”, according to a social media post from the city.

“We got the go ahead from (South Carolina Department of Commerce) to proceed with the project on June 27th of 2024,” Gantte said, adding that demolition was delayed so an environmental review could be conducted before construction began.

Demolition of the city of Clemson Police substation building began on Tuesday as part of the larger project.

“We wanted to get it (demolition) started and get it finished during the summer — before students were back in school and before the football season begins,” Gantte said.

“The design work hasn’t started yet,” she added. “That will be the next phase.”

The city will also try to avoid hindering residents from attending downtown businesses during its future renovations.

“This project will be a lot of timing coordination to make sure that it’s done in a time that will create the least impact on the functionality of downtown,” Gantte said.

The city will be focusing streetscape improvements on the side of the street the substation was on, according to Gantte. The building stood between the streets of North Clemson Avenue and S.C. Highway 93.

If money allows, Gantte said the plan is to move improvements to the other side of the street as well or at least design a plan for that portion of streetscape to be completed in the future.

When in doubt, assume more condos

Aug 21, 2024, 7:58 PM

That surely would spruce up the place.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1188
Tiger Boards - The Amphitheatre
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next