Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
AAU
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 12
| visibility 1364

AAU

Jul 27, 2024, 2:57 PM

Doesen’t Clemson meet the qualifications for AAU membership? Why are we not members?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: AAU

Jul 27, 2024, 3:18 PM

Not at this time. We need a lot more research money coming in.

To be honest, Clemson should’ve started the elevate initiative years ago.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2024, 3:41 PM

It’s going to be an uphill data without a medical school. Hard to obtain the research funds in the areas they like without one.

Jul 27, 2024, 3:49 PM

In progress.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2024, 4:19 PM

I have no idea what goes on in the AAU at this time. I do know that Swimming was governed by the AAU for decades. Swimming left the AAU 45 years ago over the AAU’s non-stop politicking. Maybe the AAU has righted their ship, but back in my day, you wouldn’t find ANYONE in swimming that had ANYTHING good to say about the AAU. They were a giant bloated self-serving bureaucracy and nothing more.

Jul 27, 2024, 6:13 PM

If you are being cereal, the AAU for swimming and the AAU we are talking about regarding B1G are a wee bit different.

If you were t being cereal, well done -you got me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2024, 6:28 PM

I’m completely being serious. Swimming kicked the Amatuer Athletic Union to the curb decades ago, because they were jacked up. My recollection is that the AAU tried to tell Swimming that they couldn’t leave, as if the AAU owned Swimming. Swimming did leave, formed US Swimming as the governing body and never looked back.

Just because they’re big, doesn’t mean they’re good.

I guess my question is, what is the AAU going to do for Clemson?

Jul 27, 2024, 6:33 PM

Association of American Universities
https://www.aau.edu/who-we-are/our-members

This is the AAU that has historically been a mandatory requirement for admission to the B1G.
“AAU member universities—69 in the United States and two in Canada—are on the leading edge of innovation, scholarship, and solutions that contribute to scientific progress, economic development, security, and well-being.“

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2024, 9:02 PM

Ha, my bad…….totally different AAU.

Jul 27, 2024, 4:46 PM

We are a long way off.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2024, 5:59 PM

Sounds they are a lot like the NCAA by that description.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2024, 6:30 PM

I believe Clemson research is on par with Oregon (grant dollars). Clemson is a R1 Carnegie research university (very high research activity) but AAU loves medical research so that’s missing. Clements has the Elevate strategic plan launched to address the gaps. However, AAU is an invitation organization. It’s full of Ivy League and west coast universities. I think a 3/4 members vote is needed to get an invite. Let’s just say Clemson resides in a red political state with a Strom Thurmond Institute. Clemson’s best chance at AAU invitation is to first be invited by the Big10, then e sponsored by those members. I’m not holding my breath it would happen the other way around.

Jul 27, 2024, 9:13 PM

It’s somehow a woke/liberal/deep state conspiracy!

Replies: 12
| visibility 1364
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next