Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Aaron Murray breaks down Klubnik tape
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 3054

Aaron Murray breaks down Klubnik tape

Sep 3, 2024, 8:09 AM

https://youtu.be/WiiIAFa72tU

Actually really solid breakdown. Notes his biggest issue is under throwing the ball.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Aaron Murray breaks down Klubnick tape

Sep 3, 2024, 8:18 AM

Take snap, backup three steps and start scrambling to the right. No pocket presence gives defense time to cover slow ### receivers. Tyler Brown and Antonio are too good to not get thrown to because Klubfoot is too busy scrambling. That is on him. Offensive shouldn’t be blamed for him scrambling away from protection. It’s just like shampoo, wash,rinse and repeat.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2024, 8:22 AM

Maybe you didn’t watch the video. Thats not Aaron Murray’s view at all. His biggest issue is confidence on deep balls and occasionally getting happy feet.

He knows more than AM or thinks he does****

Sep 3, 2024, 9:33 AM

Sep 3, 2024, 8:32 AM

I watched the video and Aaron Murray has valid points. I feel better now about Cade. I am not sure my feeling better about Cade will fix anything, but I feel better...

Sep 3, 2024, 8:33 AM

Same, lol

Sep 3, 2024, 8:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Aaron Murray breaks down Klubnick tape ]

He’s shown improvements, but he’s still got some things to figure out. Also, you can see how aimless our WRs are at times on the field… that’s gotta change

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Aaron Murray breaks down Klubnik tape

Sep 3, 2024, 9:48 AM

Happy feet. Lack of vision. Hurries. No pocket awareness. Nothing has improved. Klubnik is a bust. Time to move on.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Sep 3, 2024, 9:59 AM

I think you're right. Cade just doesn't have it. Hate it, but it is what it is. I wonder if any of the other QB's are any better?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Move on to who?

Sep 3, 2024, 12:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Aaron Murray breaks down Klubnik tape ]

If DJ was a bust and Cade is a bust, then what makes you think the other guys on the roster aren't a bust too? The season has started, so it's not like you can bring somebody else in.

Sep 3, 2024, 11:07 AM

I haven’t watched Aaron Murray’s breakdown. But I have watched cade Klubnik play a lot of games for Clemson and he has little accuracy and confidence with deep balls.

This makes it really easy to play defense against Clemson. Crowd the line of scrimmage. Press coverage. We can’t throw down field and we gotta work really really hard to complete 6 yard passes.

Sep 3, 2024, 11:18 AM

Terribly hard at 6 yard completions....like carrying 500 pounds of loos lead shot in a slippery bag up a mountain hard.

Sep 3, 2024, 12:24 PM

That’s right. so, we are often in third down with more than one or 2 yards to go. If you go back to when we had a great offense, we had many fewer third downs. This is because we got a first down on first or second down.

With our current offense, we’re not gonna blow out many teams. Last year I think we beat Syracuse by 17 and Georgia Tech by 21, other than that all of our P5 games were either a loss or nine or 10 point win, ie always a competitive game in the fourth quarter.

I know Clemson has a lot of analysts on staff. I wonder if the analysts see what seems to be obvious to me and others.

Sep 3, 2024, 2:45 PM

To me, this was pretty interesting. Clearly UGA had a great defense but there were plays to be made and, unfortunately, Cade didn't always make them. Often he did, but those underthrown deep balls could have been game changers. There were other misses as well. Could we have better routes? Maybe. Better route running? Maybe But even with the plays and the receivers, a really good quarterback can make it work. It just goes to show how important quarterback play is -- to be an elite program, you got to have an elite quarterback. The good news is the Cade appears to have skills, but they still need to be tuned. I would really work on those deep passes.

Sep 3, 2024, 3:18 PM

My biggest takeaway from that is our WR room is not very good, and coached even worse.

Even if Cade had played a perfect game on this film, the game still wouldn’t have been much different.

Our WR aren't doing fundamental and common sense things well. That is 100% on bad coaching.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 3054
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic