Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What I find hilarious about Chicago....
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1,201

What I find hilarious about Chicago....

Apr 26, 2024, 7:23 AM

Like him or not, Justin Fields I think is a great QB with a ton of upside. The Bears draft him, and he spends 3-4 years there running for his life, getting sacked all the time. So.... the organization thinks they need to get rid of him, and draft Williams, thinking the result will be any different.

If you don't fix the O line, it doesn't matter who is playing QB.

The Bears are going to have the same result with Williams. Feel bad for the guy having to go play there.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What I find hilarious about Chicago....

Apr 26, 2024, 7:36 AM

For some reason, that sounds familiar.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 26, 2024, 7:51 AM

I agree with you except I do not think Fields is that good of a QB. In fact the way the college offense has transitioned over the years has been a hinderance in developing NFL QBs.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 26, 2024, 7:58 AM

I agree with you both above.....

Yes... games are won and lost in the trenches. If you have a good OL that can run block and protect, you have more grace in the QB, RB, and WR.

If you have a good pass rush with 4 guys, your DBs aren't under so much pressure for coverage and you can get away with less talent on the backside, and your LBs are free to make tackles b/c of the double teams they have to do on the DL. I always remember good DL coaches saying DL shouldn't make tackles. They should eat up blocks to free up the LBs to make the tackle.

The QB is the most important position on the field, but no QB will consistently be productive if you can't run block and have a running game to make the defense respect it and be able to pass block long enough to let routes develop.

After so many years of horrible teams, you would think the organization would stop and say what we have been doing isn't working. Let's get back to the basics, get a good OL, have a good running game and invest more of their salary cap there and go find skill position players in free agency.

But... that philosophy isn't popular with the fans, and it doesn't sell tickets.

Message was edited by: bobbyb99®

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 26, 2024, 8:05 AM

Losing doesn’t sell tickets either.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wasn't Fields was coming off his rookie contract . I think the Bears would

Apr 26, 2024, 8:12 AM

have to pay a lot of money to keep him.

Better to get the #1 pick and pay less . If there was a super , generational type Oline in teh draft.. they may have kept Field.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Apr 26, 2024, 8:23 AM

They were also 1 season away from having to commit a lot more money to him if they were going to keep him.

I agree with every thing you are saying but this allows them to start from scratch more or less with a WAY better team than what Fields started with.

Probably will end up being better for all sides. Fields get to hit the reset button with a new organization and learn from one of the best coaches of all time and a veteran QB. Bears get a #1 pick on a rookie contract after having a competitive 7-10 win season and get to have more cap space to continue to build around Williams.

Apr 26, 2024, 9:55 AM

Will and GeeVille get it. The Bears will be the first to tell you about the positive attributes of Fields. This was an easy call based on the money. Plus, I think the Bears will shore up the OL with an interior pick or two later in the draft. Their tackles are decent. All offensive skill positions have been upgraded and they still have cap room. Can you tell I am a (long suffering) Bears fan 😁?

Apr 26, 2024, 8:30 AM

Great post but you could interchange the teams Chicago and Clemson and we could not tell the difference.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 26, 2024, 8:36 AM

As long as fans keep buying overprice tickets to watch these subpar teams no owner is going to spend money to upgrade certain positions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 26, 2024, 8:53 AM [ in reply to Re: What I find hilarious about Chicago.... ]

Thats why I am so excited with the Luke hire.... he will fix the O line so it is not a factor in the equation anymore. Were our O lines so great in the glory decade with a run of six consecutive CFPs under Caldwell (I remember questions every year under his reign about the O line being a weak link) or was it generational QB and WR play??

Apr 26, 2024, 9:25 AM

the south side is no laughing matter. thats for sure

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 26, 2024, 10:01 AM

Actually, per capita violent crime is worse in many rural southern states per the FBI. Probably in your backyard.
https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2019/crime-in-the-u.s.-2019/topic-pages/crime-map
https://projects.csgjusticecenter.org/tools-for-states-to-address-crime/50-state-crime-data/

Apr 26, 2024, 11:16 AM

Well you live in Chicago and I'll live in my backyard and we will see who gets shot first.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 26, 2024, 4:35 PM [ in reply to Re: What I find hilarious about Chicago.... ]

Just take Washington DC out of the southern region and the region is probably the lowest which includes 20 states. They added Maine, Vermont, NH just to help out New York where crime rate is down because nobody is getting arrested.

And they seriously had to add Iowa, North Dakota and SD to Chicago, Detoit, and Cleveland to get those numbers down. You can tell a liberal designed that map
No way is DC in the south.

You feel bad for a guy getting a $38M contract, $24M signing bonus?***

Apr 26, 2024, 4:57 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1,201
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic