Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
M I a m I
Tiger Boards - Clemson Baseball
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,601

M I a m I

Mar 27, 2024, 1:56 PM

Marchal, Darden, knaak, I like it. We have so much depth this is gonna help. Gotta have this in post season. Long way to go but rather build it now. Kind of like dabo in football playing multiple guys.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: M I a m I

Mar 27, 2024, 2:00 PM

I like it. Gordon continues to get hit. Smiths out. Still got Joe Allen and Rocco Reid who can give good innings as well

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2024, 11:24 PM

Hasn't been the same since he got back. What is the latest on Smith. Is there a time or segment on the roar that they dedicate a night/afternoon to discuss baseball.

What about Tallent? Is he even back to working with the team. Was really excited to see Samol pitch this year. We were going to have a deep rotation.

Thanks

BaseballCharlie®

Mar 28, 2024, 5:51 AM

I read if need be Smith could come back next weekend. Depends on how this weekend goes I’m assuming. Sweep Miami and Smith may sit another week or 2.

Mar 28, 2024, 9:33 AM

Can't thank you enough. That is fantastic news. I hope we make the coastal game up at some point. FSU can make any pitcher look silly. Thought Darden did ok once he settled in. This team is fun to watch. Again, really appreciate the response.

Chucktowntiger1992

Mar 30, 2024, 1:39 AM [ in reply to Re: M I a m I ]

Yeah, AG still doesn't appear to be fully stretched out. All of his starts have been pretty rough except for his 2-inning start against Presbyterian. He's actually done quite well in the closer role in some high leverage spots against South Carolina and tonight against Miami. So at least he can still provide some value to the team that way in the meantime. I really hope he can get back into starting form again by the end of the season though because we all saw how talented he was last year. At this point, I don't know if he's going to be able to be as good as he was last season, but it would be a shame if the team's projected best starting pitcher going into this year wasn't even able to reliably hold down a starting role by the end of the season. I'm sure he'd make a fine closer, but he would provide far more value as a starter. Fortunately, this year's team may have the depth to replace him in that role, but it still stings to have that big of a regression from the guy we expected to be the Tigers' star pitcher.

There's no telling with the roar. They don't really have a set schedule for what sport gets talked about when. Topics are usually just decided by whatever the trending subject is at any given time. For instance, it's more likely they'll be talking about baseball on days directly before or after baseball series. Sometimes it's just random though, like if a caller asks a question about baseball or something spur-of-the-moment like that. They do have podcasts with basic descriptions given of the topics by hour that I go back and listen to a good bit. They're a bit messy, but I do find them helpful for when I want to check if I missed something interesting or if I couldn't listen live on a certain day. Here's the link if interested: ( http://www.theroarfm.com/podcasts/ ) They also sometimes announce in advance or post on the website if they have an interview or an event coming up or something of that sort.

As far as Smith is concerned, a few days ago I heard Qualk say he thought the timetable for Smith would probably be about 2 weeks. It was a strain on his non-plant foot, and I heard it described as more of a precautionary thing than anything else, so fortunately I don't think it's anything major. So I would expect he'll probably be back in another week or so, although we don't know for certain.

Clemgalalways®

Mar 30, 2024, 7:49 AM

Thank you so much for the link. I appreciate the response. Agree with you on it being ashamed if AG isn't able to become that Friday starter we all thought he'd be.

How the world did Miami have two starters go that deep... just win the series today. Thanks again.

DougKingsmoreCrusade

Mar 27, 2024, 2:01 PM

Need to get Smith healthy. He has been good to start the season.

Mar 27, 2024, 2:12 PM

Good rotation. Wish we had Smith but need him healthy for post season. Be careful this weekend. Miami is young but talented and dangerous at home. GT and Miami are going to be similar this year. Both will be handfuls in 2025 and especially 2026.

Mar 27, 2024, 2:20 PM

Notice they have a good team average. A lot of that is being carried by two .400 hitters though. Their bottom 3rd are .242, .226 and .197 hitters. Their pitching sucks.

Mar 30, 2024, 1:45 AM

Well, unfortunately their starting pitching certainly hasn't sucked so far this weekend. But good point about their batting average. It seems to be a very unbalanced lineup. The top and middle of the order is good and they have a couple of great individual hitters. But the bottom of their lineup is anemic. They don't have enough depth to maintain the type of quality that they have at the top throughout the entire order.

Mar 30, 2024, 8:43 AM

Exactly. This rotation has been very solid. We just aren't able to hit Miami pitching so far. With our offense we should be able to give Tristan as much time as he needs. Our pitching is young but we have good depth.

Mar 27, 2024, 5:33 PM

Remember...there's no "I" in Miami.

Wait a minute...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2024, 5:35 PM

Bienvenidos a Miami

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,601
Tiger Boards - Clemson Baseball
add New Topic