Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I've noticed on here how a few guys love to bash one of our announcers if he
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 801

I've noticed on here how a few guys love to bash one of our announcers if he

Apr 20, 2024, 8:05 AM

makes the slightest mistake, but they seem to love Yannity to no end. Well, did you hear Pete last night when they reviewed the call on Purify at first base after his terrific bunt that scored a runner from 3rd with one out. Pete said, after the umps reviewed it and overturned the "Out" call to a "Safe" call, " Well, that is a good thing they overturned the out call at first, or Clemson would have lost a run because both runners (We had guys on 1st and 3rd) would have had to go back to their original bases"....

I was dumbfounded.....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've noticed on here how a few guys love to bash one of our announcers if he

Apr 20, 2024, 8:11 AM

Good call, Spud. I also was confused by that statement.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've noticed on here how a few guys love to bash one of our announcers if he

Apr 20, 2024, 8:18 AM

I'm pretty sure he was talking about interference by the runner which would have taken runners back.
I've listened to baseball games for three innings with Munson calling and never knew the score. Multiple times

Well, if that is the case, thank goodness the 3rd base ump was not involved...***

Apr 20, 2024, 8:20 AM

Baseball rule...***

Apr 20, 2024, 10:01 AM

In the event the batter-runner has not reached first base, all run- ners shall return to the base last occupied at the time of the pitch; provided, however, if during an intervening play at the plate with less than two outs a runner scores, and then the batter-run- ner is called out for interference outside the three-foot lane, the runner is safe and the run shall count

Re: Well, if that is the case, thank goodness the 3rd base ump was not involved...***

Apr 20, 2024, 10:06 AM [ in reply to Well, if that is the case, thank goodness the 3rd base ump was not involved...*** ]

Amen Spud, I hope he ain’t behind the plate today or we’re in trouble at first pitch! After the game, I caught last 3 innings of Arkansas/coot game. That game had a few Huh moments too. Hawgs tookem.

He's gonna be at 2nd base in the first game and 1st base in the 2nd game

Apr 20, 2024, 10:32 AM

He should be on a slow bus back to where ever the hale he comes from.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He's gonna be at 2nd base in the first game and 1st base in the 2nd game

Apr 20, 2024, 10:41 AM

Yep. I dread the check swing appeals to 1st that will be coming in game 3. Wonder how bad he was behind the plate in whatever midweek game they officiated?

He's gonna be too close to the Clemson dugout in that 2nd game watch out

Apr 20, 2024, 10:48 AM

For someone getting tossed for letting him know how bad he is.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 801
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic