Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Interesting Monologue On Imminent
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1260

Interesting Monologue On Imminent

May 17, 2024, 1:03 PM

Collapse of ACC. Hope it happens. No doubt that the ACC is in deep do do.

Take this however you wish. But this guy is not the only one talking about the imminent demise of the ACC.

https://youtu.be/SIzEhhswDyI?si=CrCUV7ZzBs4XjZ_e

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

EFF the ACC

May 17, 2024, 1:40 PM

I'm so tired of being undervalued because our conference sucks out loud

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: Interesting Monologue On Imminent

May 17, 2024, 2:08 PM

Chances seem good that some of the ACC teams will drop football as a sport once the league collapses and revenue-sharing kicks in. The cost to be competitive will be too great to pay. Perhaps they'll be able to join the Southern Conference.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 17, 2024, 2:28 PM

This guy gets a little too far out over his skis with his analysis. "Imminent demise" sells in the Youtube universe for sure. However, we don't know the true wording of the composition clause, is it mandatory or precatory if circumstances trigger the clause, etc., etc. Even if both schools hastily exit by June 30, what about the GOR issue? What if the GOR is enforceable past 2030 and our revenue is flowing back to the ACC that lumbers along like a zombie with the new additions of $MU, Cal and Stanford?

May 17, 2024, 3:16 PM

It sounds like Clemson and FSU would have to pay the big money to exit, but would also forfeit media revenue - and the remaining schools would be subject to a revised revenue amount from ESPN.

I know it's a dead horse, but the combination of the GoR plus the ESPN-ACC contract has to be the worsrt management I've ever seen.

May 17, 2024, 4:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Interesting Monologue On Imminent ]

If the ACC could be dissolved before July 1, all teams would be free to go elsewhere and owe ACC ZERO. That would be the best thing for a majority of teams.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Has there been any news on the ESPN/ACC contract

May 17, 2024, 3:39 PM

Being released as the judge ordered?

Re: Has there been any news on the ESPN/ACC contract

May 17, 2024, 4:26 PM

The order was appealed by the ACC. SO, it is on hold until the appellate court hears the appeal. I posted links a few days ago to the appeals.

Looks like

May 18, 2024, 7:15 AM

Leonardo DiCaprio.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1260
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic