Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CLEMSON's Women's Golf Team . . .
Tiger Boards - Women's Sports
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 29
| visibility 2,251

CLEMSON's Women's Golf Team . . .

May 14, 2024, 1:46 AM
IMG_1250.jpeg(131.2 K)
IMG_1318.jpeg(265.5 K)

Will begin competing in The La Costa Champions Course - DI Women's Championship in Carlsbad, CA this Friday, May 17th . . . The Tournament will run through Monday, May 20th.

The Format (beginning in 2015) after 72 holes of Stroke Play . . . the Top Eight Teams play in single-elimination Match Play to determine the Team Champion.

Best Crisp and Straight Wishes to Our Gals!!!!!!! . . . We’ll be watching/following!!!

Here’s the Link to follow:
https://results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=participants&tid=29186

2024 free_orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CLEMSON's Women's Golf Team . . .

May 14, 2024, 9:48 AM

Hope they can hit them "dead solid perfect" every round. So proud of this team. Go Tigers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For those that are curious at heart . . .

May 14, 2024, 4:30 PM
IMG_1305.jpeg(126.0 K)

Here is a list of the 30 teams and six individuals that will compete in the 2024 NCAA Division I Women's Golf Championship, which begins Thursday and runs through Wednesday at Omni La Costa Resort and Spa in Carlsbad, California.

Teams are listed according to the National Collegiate Golf Ranking:

TEAMS

1. Stanford
2. Wake Forest
3. South Carolina
4. LSU
5. UCLA
6. Auburn
7. USC
8. Texas
9. Duke
10. Arkansas
11. Northwestern
12. Oregon
13. Texas A&M
14. Ole Miss
15. Arizona State
16. Clemson
19. Florida State
20. Vanderbilt
21. Pepperdine
22. Virginia
23. Mississippi State
25. SMU
26. San Jose State
27. North Carolina
30. Michigan State
31. Purdue
34. Baylor
39. Oklahoma State
43. Oregon State
44. Tulsa

INDIVIDUALS

Lauren Beaudreau, Notre Dame
Carla Bernat, Kansas State
Bailey Davis, Tennessee
Veronika Kedronova, Kent State
Jasmine Leovao, Long Beach State
Isabella McCauley, Minnesota

2024 free_orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

D1 Women's Golf Championships . . .

May 16, 2024, 12:28 PM
IMG_1337.jpeg(258.4 K)
IMG_1338.jpeg(168.1 K)

In Carlsbad, California . . .

Tomorrow’s Tee Times, Pairings and Starting Holes are attached.

Our Gals will be Paired with familiar foes: FSU and Vandy. Melena will Lead Us off (6:40am) . . . Annabelle will be Our anchor (7:24am). We will start on the Back Nine.

Rest well tonight, dreaming of Crisp and Straight shots on every Hole!!!
Let’s make some noise in California!!!

Championship Format:
“Stroke play will last four rounds, and the top-eight teams will advance to match play, with the championship match set for Wednesday, May 22. (Wake Forest is the Defending National Champion.)”

May 16, 2024, 1:22 PM

Just hoping we can somehow make it to match play. Getting into the top 15 and then making it to the final eight would be a great accomplishment. At that point anything can happen!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And Were Off . . .

May 17, 2024, 10:11 AM
IMG_1361.jpeg(206.5 K)

@ The D1 Women’s Golf Championship in Carlsbad, CA!!!

I’ll be “refreshing” their screen ALL DAY!!!

Top Eight here We Come . . . Crisp and Straight TIGERS!!!

Here’s the Team Leaderboard Link so you don’t have to look back for it:
https://results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=team&tid=29186

Yeah . . . Yeah . . . It's Early . . .

May 17, 2024, 10:32 AM
IMG_1366.jpeg(691.6 K)
IMG_1367.jpeg(426.6 K)

But I couldn’t resist the “Snap” with us atop the Leaderboard . . . Thank you Sydney Roberts!!!

Hopefully a sign of Great Things Coming!!!!!!!

🐯🐯 Stay focused TIGERS 🐯🐯

Now - Isabella Rawl has joined the Party - 2 Times!!! . . . Love the “Clean Cards” so far!!!

Stop the count!

May 17, 2024, 11:09 AM

J/k

But really hoping a good sign w/ a good start.

LET'S GO (Lady) TIGERS!

Thankfully Isabella is on a Roll!!!

May 17, 2024, 11:55 AM
IMG_1368.jpeg(197.5 K)

Kudos to Annabelle and Melena also.

Stay focused TIGERS!!!

Re: Thankfully Isabella is on a Roll!!!

May 17, 2024, 12:39 PM

Sydney with the snowman on the easy and short Par 4. Would love to know what big cactus she got behind.

Isabella... on a roll and bogeys the 18th.

Chloe's got to find her consistency again. Not sure if she's hurt or just going through it rough patch. She was our most consistent golfer behind Annabelle with most of her rounds carding. She'll figure it out.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 17, 2024, 2:22 PM

Three negative things you point out on a day like today.
If this round doesn't please you, then no round will.
C'mon - enjoy days like today and point out things like Annabelle's continued good play, Isabella's back nine 32, and Melena's fight!
Go Tigers.
Clemgalalways®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 17, 2024, 4:51 PM

I love Melena like no other. I'm tickled pink about our girls today. I love them all as if they were my own blood.

When I posted this, they were just making the turn. Nothing in this post is meant to be negative. I'm just talking golf. Why don't you ever call out my positive posts? You're looking for things to make me look bad.

As for Chloe, yes, I'm concerned. As I stated above, she'll get it back. The ONLY reason I said what I said, is she's too good to not be lighting it up.

As for the bogey on 18 by izzy. She was on a roll. You misinterpreted that I was posting something negative about her stellar round. Quite the contrary, it's just me posting out loud feeling her pain because I know she was disappointed making it...

All I'm doing is posting as if I was right there playing alongside them. Maybe you haven't ever played competitive golf. But I can see where you may misinterpret what I write.

Don't worry about it. I enjoyed our women's golf team when I'd walk the course with them and long b4 I ever posted crap on a discussion forum and I can enjoy it just as much as I've always had without this stupid board.

CUGolfDad

May 17, 2024, 5:41 PM

I understand your perspective. It’s just that I hopped on here to see how fired up people would be to see our girls atop the board at the turn. And it’s far from what I read from you. It is uncharted territory after all. We should all try to enjoy it, however long it lasts.

You should also know that I have in fact pointed out positive posts from you. Just last week I praised your response to an inconsiderate post about “foreigners” on our team.

And, yes, I know golf just a bit. I’ll leave it at that.

Clemgalalways®

May 17, 2024, 8:54 PM

I know you know more about golf than I wish I had. But dang cugolfdad, I thought after the tmail I sent you a week ago or so that you wouldn't have attacked me and would understand my post a bit more. I didn't get or expect a response from the tmail. I just hope you at least read it. If not, I hope you do and at least understand i like golf analytics and course management. By the way, if you get this, and feel like answering, do you happen to know what holes we scouted? I'd like to track it. Thanks in advance.

But in case others may misinterpret, as I stated above, I'll refrain from posting. Enjoy.

CUGolfDad

Message was edited by: Clemgalalways®

I know your Heart . . .

May 17, 2024, 10:35 PM
IMG_1385.jpeg(230.4 K)

Clemgalalways® and it’s pure orange through and through.

I’ll not enjoy tomorrow like I should if you don’t join us. I’ll have the “sads”.

Our Gals did indeed post the best Score of the day!!!

Way to Go TIGERS!!!

May 17, 2024, 11:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Thankfully Isabella is on a Roll!!! ]

I’m very sorry my post felt like an attack. I must watch my tone. Golf is a fickle game and I have a great appreciation for its fleeting nature. If there is one thing I’ve learned is that you must appreciate the highs (like today), because painful lows will undoubtedly follow. And when those come, I try to treat those as necessary parts of the journey. And I don’t relate to silly stuff like not enough feathers, too many green boxes, and kitschy nicknames that some on here throw out. But that’s what makes a community. Different strokes for different folks. And I thought part of the beauty of message boards is having the license to voice your opinion, even when disagreeing or unpopular. But with respect. So I apologize if the respect piece was missing.

As far as a “tiger mail”, I don’t even know what that is. So I probably missed it :)

Clemgalalways®

Our Gals are battling . . .

May 17, 2024, 1:56 PM
IMG_1370.jpeg(161.7 K)
IMG_1371.jpeg(213.9 K)
IMG_1373.jpeg(469.8 K)

Kudos to Sidney for her recovery from the one bad hole.

Isabella is still kicking butt and taking names . . . Still.

Annabelle is being the Leader we know she is.

Melena is giving us what we need from her.

Chloe has been solid for over a year . . . Her score will be huge before this event concludes.

Overall, my first impression is, “We came to compete!”

If you had promised me that we would have 3 TIGERS in the Top 9 after 14-17 Holes were played, I would have been . . . and AM . . . Estatic!!!

As the higher Ranked Teams begin their Rounds, we will see them climb the Leaderboard. We need to tack on a few more feathers as we conclude Our Day 1 efforts!

Stay focused TIGERS!!!

Come on Annabelle!!!

May 17, 2024, 2:49 PM
IMG_1374.jpeg(182.9 K)

Close like Isabella, Sydney and Melena did!!!!!!!

We need more feathers . . . because the “Big Guns” are about to get started!!!

Super proud of the fight in Our Gals!!!

Our Gals have finished Round 1 . . .

May 17, 2024, 3:07 PM
IMG_1375.jpeg(159.6 K)

8 Under as a Team “ain’t shabby” . . .

Now we get to sit back and see where the Top Half of the Field finishes in the afternoon session.

Love the FIGHT in Our TIGERS . . . Great Composure, even when difficulty stared them head on.

Thanks for entertaining me today . . . I’m already looking forward to tomorrow!!!

Pretty good start for most part

May 17, 2024, 3:09 PM

Hope Chloe can shake off a bad day & rebound the next couple rounds

The afternoon session is well underway.

May 17, 2024, 6:07 PM
IMG_1375.jpeg(159.6 K)
IMG_1379.jpeg(215.9 K)

Some Teams are excelling (Ole Miss, Ark, NW& UCLA) . . . Others are struggling (coots, WF, Duke & LSU) . . .

Hoping Our Gals’ Score will remain inside the Top 10 once this Round is completed.

Looking at Our “Counting” Scores from today We had:
0 Eagles
20 Birdies
43 Pars
8 Bogeys
0 Double Bogeys
0 Triple Bogies
1 Quadruple Bogey

Exceptional number of Birdies . . . the one bad hole was costly, but was overcome by the Team’s combined efforts.

If our girls' performance rides these next rounds

May 17, 2024, 8:34 PM

Gonna make me wish the team title was decided by stroke play & they didn't add the match play component to it.

Re: If our girls' performance rides these next rounds

May 18, 2024, 10:09 AM

So does our 🐐 Coach LP. He never was fond of the matchplay format. Play 4 rounds like a regular golf tournament and let the chips fall where they may.

Now, that said, even though it's not a natty, you're still awarded a very nice trophy for winning stroke play. That would be a HUGE accomplishment and one I'd celebrate like it was a natty.

It would probably solidify Coach Hester as another coty. She probably deserves it anyway considering she lost her assistant rather suddenly and lost her anchor player Grewal midway through the season.

Thanks for posting. The more the merrier. Glad you started posting under the golf threads. I think our ladies took it personal that our guys "won " their regional and they came in 2nd. Friendly banter and the I love the mixed intersquad tournament that Byrd and Hester started.

thompson_creek_tiger®

Strange things can happen in Golf . . .

May 17, 2024, 6:51 PM
IMG_1381.jpeg(130.8 K)

We saw it happen to Chloe today . . . and I’m “watching” it happen to a Top 10 Worldwide Talent, Hannah Darling, from Ireland. Hannah is a “coot”, but is a helluva player . . . She is currently +10 through 11 Holes. 🤦🏻🤦🏼‍♂️

Just like Chloe . . . Hannah’s score will count before this Event is over!!!

Clemgalalways®

It's getting late in the afternoon Session . . .

May 17, 2024, 8:41 PM
IMG_1383.jpeg(222.0 K)

and Our TIGERS' Score is still atop the Leaderboard!!!

Stanford (#1 Ranked) rallied to finish -3 and currently T-4th Place. They will not play this poorly tomorrow.

It’s nice to be on Top . . .

May 17, 2024, 8:59 PM

There's something about this time of year that gets our links Tigers in fight mode.

Let the golf coaches give the pregame speech to our more prominent squads!

Question: Do we get to take the four best scores each day, or do we have to take

May 18, 2024, 10:31 AM

the four best cummulative scores for all rounds? Hopefully it is four best each day, or else Chloe Holder is already out of it after one round?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

4 Best Rounds Each Day . . .

May 18, 2024, 12:09 PM

76er® . . . Chloe’s scores will count before the Stroke Play portion is over . . . She’s a tough cookie!!!

New thread started Clemgalalways® . . . and yes, I saw Hannah had been pulled . . . It has to be injury related . . . I can’t see pulling a Top 10 Worldwide Ranked Member . . . She is tougher than most mentally . . . It HAD to be Physical issues!

Last checked Stanford had started poorly . . . Their play shocked me . . . as did the hens from Columbia!

May 18, 2024, 10:31 AM

I hope you start a new thread for today's round. Anyway, just FYI, Hannah got pulled out the gamecocks lineup today. You probably already saw that. She must have been playing hurt or sick.

Her replacement Sophia is already +5 thru 3 holes. I hate that for Hannah. She and Annabelle seem to have gotten close. Hopefully just a temporary thing.

Skeeta56®

Nice . .***

May 18, 2024, 1:03 PM

Replies: 29
| visibility 2,251
Tiger Boards - Women's Sports
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next