Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Updated ACC Standings.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Updated ACC Standings.....

Feb 22, 2009, 10:38 PM

1) UNC 10-3
2) FSU 8-4
3) Clemson 8-4
4) Duke 8-4
5) Wake 7-5
6) BC 7-6
7) Maryland 6-6
8) Va. Tech 6-6
9) N.C. State 5-7
10) Miami 5-8
11) UVA 3-9
12) Ga. Tech 1-12

This week's games...

Tuesday:

FSU at BC 9:00 ESPNU (pull for BC obviously)

Wednesday:

Va. Tech at Clemson 7:30 ESPN2 (Go Tigers!)
Duke at Maryland 9:00 ESPN (Can the Terps do it again?)

Thursday:

N.C. State at Wake 8:00 Raycom (A Pack win would be helpful, they are playing well, but it will be tough at the Joel)

Miami at Virginia (Whatever)

Apparently UNC and GT have the week off before they play on Saturday. Here's to GT coming up with some sort of amazing game plan between now and then.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Updated ACC Standings.....

Feb 22, 2009, 10:49 PM

I can see Miami and Maryland finishing .500

keep doing this every time you are on Tnet and I will give

Feb 22, 2009, 11:27 PM

you loads of points. I hate figuring this stuff out on my own. Takes too much time.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looks like I missed a technicality.....

Feb 23, 2009, 8:18 AM

I'll do my homework next time!
It'll all become clear in about a week or so anyway.

####. we could easily be 10-2***

Feb 22, 2009, 11:44 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've said same thing, but I think rest of teams can say

Feb 22, 2009, 11:45 PM

same thing..

unc lost to md/bc and they blew 18pt lead against MD

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell 'em not to think they can just show up and win.

Feb 22, 2009, 11:57 PM [ in reply to ####. we could easily be 10-2*** ]

You gotta take every opponent as a threat and squash 'em and not let up during the game.

But that is the fun with college basketball. Tight exciting games all the time.

Really they only need to win five games and preferably all five in the NCAA tourney!

accuracy???

Feb 22, 2009, 11:48 PM

Aren't we 2nd in the acc now?

We tie Duke with an 8-4 conference record, but we are 22-4 and they are 22-5, which currently gives us the nod. And FSU is 8-4 in conference as well, but they are 21-6 overall, putting them at 4th.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

semantics. currently 3-way tie for second***

Feb 22, 2009, 11:53 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess us VA tigers understand it.....***

Feb 22, 2009, 11:53 PM [ in reply to accuracy??? ]

Wasn't really sure, so I guessed, but I looked it up today..

Feb 23, 2009, 8:11 AM [ in reply to accuracy??? ]

and here's what it says on the ACC website. Don't know where this leaves us....

ACC Basketball Tournament Seeding Procedures

Policy used to determine seeds for the men's basketball tournament.

Printer-Friendly Format

E-mail this article

Feb. 26, 2007

When two teams are tied in the standings, regular season head-to-head results are used as the tiebreaker.

If the tied teams played each other twice in the regular season and split their games, then each team's record vs. the team occupying the highest position in the final regular season standings (or in case of a tie for first place, the next highest position in the regular season standings) and then continuing down through the standings until one team gains an advantage.
a. When arriving at another pair of tied teams while comparing records, use each team's record against the collective tied teams as a group (prior to their own tie-breaking procedures), rather than the performance against the individual tied teams.
b. When comparing records against a single team or a group of teams, the higher winning percentage shall prevail, even if the number of games played against a team or group is unequal. (i.e., 2-0 is better than 3-1; 1-0 is the same as 2-0; 2-0 is the same as 4-0; 2-1 is the same as 4-2; 1-0 is better than 1-1; 0-1 is the same as 0-2; 0-2 is the same as 0-4). If the winning percentage of the tied teams is equal against a team, or a group of tied teams, continue down through the standings until one team gains an advantage.

If three or more teams are tied in the standings, the following procedures will be used:
a. The combined record of conference games between the tied teams involved will be compiled. Ties will be broken, and seedings assigned, based on the winning percentage of the combined conference records. The higher winning percentage shall prevail, even if the number of games played against the team or group is unequal (i.e., 2-0 is better than 3-1; 1-0 is the same as 2-0; 2-0 is the same as 4-0; 2-1 is the same as 4-2; 1-0 is better than 1-1; 0-1 is the same as 0-2; 0-2 is the same as 0-4).
b. If procedure (a) fails to break the tie, then each tied team's record shall be compared to the team occupying the highest position in the final regular-season standings, continuing down through the standings until one team gains an advantage by a higher winning percentage.
c. If the tie is broken by (a) or (b) regarding one of more teams, but three or more teams remain tied, then procedures (a) and (b) will be reapplied among those tied teams only.
d. If two teams remain tied, procedures (1) and (2) will be followed.

If there is more than one tie in the standings, and when utilizing the tie-breaking procedures there are a pair of teams tied, a team's record against the combined tied teams (prior to their own tie-breaking procedures) is used, rather than performance against the individual tied teams.

If procedures (2) and/or (3) fail to establish an advantage, a coin flip to break the tie will be conducted by the commissioner after the final regular season game before the Conference Championship.

If a coin flip or draw (for a three or more team tie) is required, the procedure takes place immediately following the conclusion of the last regular season game prior to the Conference Championship. The procedure is administered by the commissioner or a designated assistant. This session is open to the media and to athletics department representatives from the tied teams.

Actually, FSU, CU & DUKE are in 3 way tie, so it goes to

Feb 22, 2009, 11:52 PM

head to head. FSU beat CU, CU beat DUKE & DUKE beat FSU, so it goes to total winning pct.

It ends up being:
2) Clemson
3) Duke
4) FSU

Re: Actually, FSU, CU & DUKE are in 3 way tie, so it goes to

Feb 22, 2009, 11:55 PM

couldn't've said it better myself

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tied for 2nd is right, but overall record doesn't count

Feb 23, 2009, 12:01 AM [ in reply to Actually, FSU, CU & DUKE are in 3 way tie, so it goes to ]

(Unless of course you are just talking some informal standard for listing teams)

The tiebreaker the ACC uses for 3 tied teams is:

1) Record against each other (we're all 1-1 amongst the 3 teams)

2) Record against the teams from top to bottom. We're all 0-1 against UNC, so it doesn't help. Next team after us is WF. Duke gets the nod since they are 1-1 and both us and FSU are 0-1.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

actually, YEP. after reading it again, Duke, CU FSU***

Feb 23, 2009, 12:07 AM

Actually... Duke, FSU, Clemson ... I think

Feb 23, 2009, 12:09 AM

We'd be tied for third with FSU, and they hold he head to head tiebreaker.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

d@mn. right. went down to BC instead of back 2 head to head***

Feb 23, 2009, 12:12 AM

Good news is that none of that will matter

Feb 23, 2009, 12:13 AM

We still get to play FSU which will break any 3 way ties amongst us.

Yeah..thats why right now you just say tied for 2nd

Feb 23, 2009, 12:23 AM

Tryign to get into 2nd and 3rd tiebreakers at this point is pointless. Clemson is 1-1 against the teams we are tied with and play 1 more game against the others. FSU is 1-1 and plays two more games against the others. And Duke is 1-1 and plays one more game against the others. However none of that matters much because Wake is likely to enter back into the discussion also at some point with one of these teams.

That's right *******

Feb 23, 2009, 8:16 AM [ in reply to Tied for 2nd is right, but overall record doesn't count ]

FYI - on a Clemson board, Clemson wins ALL tiebreakers

Feb 23, 2009, 6:18 AM

at this point in the season.
:)

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic