Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACC Tournament Predictions................
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 640

ACC Tournament Predictions................

Mar 8, 2005, 12:07 PM

One of the interesting things about this year's tournament is that many teams are missing a key player due to injury or suspension. Check out this list:

UNC- No McCants.
Wake- No Chris Paul for Friday.
Duke- No Sean Dockery.
N.C. State- No Jordan Collins (I think)
Maryland- Possibly No James Gist (read on Terp board where he may have been injured in a practice...he scored 18 at Virginia Tech)

Don't know what all that means, but I'm glad we are healthy.

Don't take my predictions too seriously, this may end up more fantasy than reality.

Thursday

Maryland vs. Clemson- While it seems that a Maryland victory would be likely, they'll have to prove that they are capable of performing under pressure. I think we match up with them very well and will continue our temporary ownership of them. Winner: CLEMSON

N.C. State vs. FSU- NCSU may be too eager to go after Wake again, which is why this one has upset potential for sure. FSU also beat NCSU in their only meeting this season. But, then again, Sendek has had some good ACC tournaments in the past and they seem to be playing well.
Winner: N.C. STATE

Miami vs. UVA- I think UVA is done. Winner: MIAMI

Friday:

UNC vs. Clemson- Without McCants, we have a chance. If we can slow the game down, we have a chance. If it turns into a track meet, we're in trouble. But, hey, I believe in miracles. Winner: CLEMSON

Va. Tech vs Ga. Tech- An intriguing game. Ga. Tech seems to play well in tournaments though. Will be a very intense game. Winner: GA. TECH

Wake Forest vs N.C. State- This should be very intense. No Paul for Wake. But, NCSU will be without Jordan Collins on the inside, and that will make a difference. But Wake without Paul will be completely different. They'll get some extra time to prepare for the big dance. On a side note, the Wake pep band debuts music from "The Nutcracker" during timeouts to distract Julius Hodge.
Winner: N.C. STATE

Duke vs Miami- Duke gets a break in the seeding, IMO.
Winner: DUKE

Saturday

Clemson vs Ga. Tech- This time, we finish it. We can beat these guys if we don't run out of gas. Purnell goes deep into the bench, and Jimmy Hudson all of a sudden becomes a household name. Tigers begin to believe the unbelievable. Winner: CLEMSON

Duke vs N.C. State- Duke catches another break with the big guns out and beats State. Coach K smiles at the thought of Clemson waiting for them in the finals.
Winner: DUKE

Sunday

Duke vs. Clemson- We're tired. But so are they. The crowd is firmly behind the Tigers. The Maryland team sits behind the Clemson bench out of respect and gives pointers for how to beat Duke. Roy Williams brings the piece of the net that he cut down in Chapel Hill the week before and gives it to OP before the game. Chris Paul runs laps around the arena wearing a Duke jersey to incite booing from the crowd. Va. Tech coach Seth Greenberg sits directly behind Coach K and snarls at him.
The refs do their best, but they can't stop destiny. The Tigers take the tournament and Swofford tries to hide the trophy. But Chris Paul is waiting for him with a threatening look, and Swofford then decides he better just hand it over. Winner: CLEMSON

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

AMEN AMEN! You My Friend are a TRUE CLEMSON FAN

Mar 8, 2005, 12:20 PM

and for that... I give you a point

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most of you.

My picks

Mar 8, 2005, 12:23 PM

I'll take us over the terps, NC State and Miami also win. We'll pull an upset of the year and take out UNC in the next round, With Ga Tech, Wake and Duke winning in that round also. We have a let down and drop a close one to the Jackets, and Reddick gets hot to lift Duke over Wake. And well there's no way they'll let Duke not win the ACC tourny if they reach the finals, so they'll win it all. Hope I'm wrong and we can go all the way, Go Tigers!

Re: ACC Tournament Predictions (Thurs games)

Mar 8, 2005, 12:27 PM

Maryland - Clemson: Gotta take Maryland, as much as it pains me to say it, it's just too #### hard to beat the same team 3x in one season.

NCSU - FSU: Based on finishing the season strong, I take NCSU.

Miami - UVA: Easiest game for me to pick, Miami in a rout. UVA won't have any answer for solid Miami guard play.

The way I look at the CU/MD matchup...

Mar 8, 2005, 12:49 PM

we can't look at it as trying to beat them for a third time. We're playing only one game on Thursday, and our two wins show us that we can match up against the Terps. We don't have anything to lose, every main media outlet is saying we will lose, so let's just go out there prove them wrong...and hit free throws.

The best way to look at it....

Mar 8, 2005, 12:56 PM

...isn't as we're trying to beat Maryland for a third time. That's like tying a noose around your neck and tap-dancing on a can of Crisco.

Look at it as facng a team that has no answer for an inside game. A team that lost to Virginia Tech worse than we did, that got beaten by NC State like a rented mule. they got drilled by Wake, beaten by Miami and somehow managed to beat Duke twice.

They have skill and are streaky from the wings. Like us, their offense has a tendencyto go on hiatus for long stretches.

In essence, we're looking at ourselves, except they have more experience and less prowess in the paint.

THAT, my friends, is a team we can beat.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ACC Tournament Predictions................

Mar 8, 2005, 12:31 PM

wow u gotta be kidding yourself.....

Yeah, you're right...why even bother playing?***

Mar 8, 2005, 12:51 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dream is Alive!!!***

Mar 8, 2005, 12:34 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Should be Hall of Fame material. That is the BEST basketball

Mar 8, 2005, 1:04 PM

post I have ever read on T-net!

puff, puff, GIVE!

Mar 8, 2005, 2:15 PM

It was amusing though.

Replies: 10