Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Catahoula's Guide to Hating the ACC Football Teams, Part 1
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Catahoula's Guide to Hating the ACC Football Teams, Part 1

Apr 28, 2004, 12:35 PM

By request...

(Virginia Tech, Miami and Boston College are not yet included in this guide. I have never visited any of those campuses, so it would not be fair to judge them without doing so).

Welcome, Tiger fans, to Catahoula's Guide to Hating ACC Football Teams, Part One. Before we begin, allow me to tell you a little about the guide. Some of you may be a little confused each football season as to who to hate in the ACC, or who to pull for when two ACC teams other than Clemson take the field. Others of you may be all too familiar, but you need a refresher course.

Look no further. This easy to follow guide will show you just who to hate more, and why. We'll examine every little detail from fan behavior to uniforms to stadiums to mascots.

Here's how the system works: For the next few days, we'll examine separate categories, ranking each ACC school in that category with "hate points." It'll work kinda like golf. The more hate points a school receives, the worse they'll score overall. We'll tally each score at the end of each session to keep you up to date with who's in the lead. HOWEVER, when we examine each category, we'll rank the schools from best to last. So the one at the top of the list will receive the fewest hate points.

Now, without further ado, Part One of Catahoula's Guide to Hating ACC Football Teams

Category One: Uniforms

1. Virginia: When the Hoos decided to stop looking like Clemson back in 1994, you could tell they paid attention in art class back in kindergarten. The color complement scale is simple: red goes with green, orange goes with blue, yellow goes with purple. Hardly anyone looks bad in navy blue, but the wrong amount or type of color can ruin that appearance... even if it's orange (see the Denver Broncos). The Hoos used very subtle tones of orange, creating one sharp looking uni. Hate points: 1

Too bad their students can't dress as well.

2. Wake Forest: A very nice use of black and gold. Gold is a much better color when it's not the dominant pigment in the jersey. By combining black jerseys and helmets with gold touch, Wake's unis look, I dare say, intimidating. But remember, it is Wake Forest, so don't get too carried away. The use of white or gold pants looks sharp either way. Hate points: 2

3. Duke: Not the flashiest, but they don't overdo it. Dark blue with white trim. Pretty hard to screw it up. Hate points: 3

4. Florida State: It's pretty durn hard to like garnet. Garnet and black is not a good color combination. I might choose it for a landscape painting of a trailer park. But garnet and gold? Now we're talking. Even though the garnet is still a little too much, the gold helmets and pants tone it down. And you can't beat those helmets. Hate points: 4

5. N.C. State: Yo, Chucky. Those unis didn't look good on Stanford, they don't look good on y'all. Still, it's not as bad without other colors other than white. But the red jerseys and red pants they sometimes wear... yikes! Hate points: 5

6. Georgia Tech: Gold is a spectacular color to use as a trim to complement a darker color. So what in the hell are you thinking, GT?! Gold helmets? gold jerseys? Argh! You look like a couple of gold blobs running around on the field. Gold jerseys look hideous, bar none. Add a gold helmet to it, and it's just disgusting. Hate points: 6

7. Maryland: Maryland started to get it right by reverting back to the classic white helmets on red jerseys. They at least looked a little sharper than N.C. State. But now they've thrown in these yellow stripes and big, goofy looking numbers. It looks like some folks in a sweatshop in Kenya made them. Or Hyattsville, Md., same #### place. Hate points: 7

8. North Carolina: If I want to see this crap, I'll watch Smurf reruns. Take one of the most hideous colors in the world and make it dominate your uniform. La la la la la la... Looking at them is like listening to nails scratching on a chalkboard. Hate points: 8

Run! Gargamel is coming to get us!

Category Two: Mascots

1. Maryland: Oh man, Testudo rules! I mean, he's a turtle. How cool is that? It's pretty hard to hate a turtle. Hate points: 1

Don't tell me you wouldn't get drunk with this guy.

2. Duke: He's got a big floppy head. He's got a cape. He's not intimidating, he's just the life of the party. If I could get drunk at a party and wear any ACC mascot uniform, it would be Duke's. Hate points: 2

3. Florida State: Okay, he's a real person and he doesn't look all that special. Probably scares the kids. But he rides a horse! A horse! On the field! Cool. Hate points: 3

4. N.C. State: Probably the best mascot duo out there. A boy wolf and a girl wolf. Wonder what they do for postgame celebrations? Hate points: 4

5. North Carolina: Okay, they're as high as number five because the mascot is a goat. And goats are cool. But their goat wears that godawful baby blue, a little beanie hat and he has a facial expression that says, "I just ate three bean burritos." I mean, we could count the real Ramses, but someone eats him every two years. Hate points: 5

6. Wake Forest: No... just... no. Sorry. No. Hate points: 6

7. Virginia: Ohhh, you brute. Just stop. I have to go have a facial done this afternoon before I go to Pier One for some suuuuuper drapes. Ciao! Hate points: 7

8. Georgia Tech: Buzz's ### flops around a lot when he walks. He wears tights. He's like one of those obnoxious guys from pro wrestling. Hate points: 8

My eyes can be used as milkshake covers. See, they even have straw holes.

So, where does that leave us for today? Here's the ranking from most hated to least after Part One:

1. Georgia Tech - 14
2. North Carolina - 13
3. N.C. State -10
4. Wake Forest - 8
4. Virginia - 8
4. Maryland - 8
7. Florida State - 7
8. Duke - 5

Message was edited by: Catahoula®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Will you be following this up with a "PLAYER HATERS GUIDE"?***

Apr 28, 2004, 12:43 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thinly veiled Chappelle reference gets me a thumbs down...

Apr 28, 2004, 12:50 PM

... lighten up, I was just joking around.

Fun stuff, Catahoula. ;)

I wanna see the ACC stadium ratings again..like

Apr 28, 2004, 12:51 PM

ncstate smelling like cheese..

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I wanna see the ACC stadium ratings again..like

Apr 28, 2004, 12:55 PM

With one click of the mouse, you have just gone from -2 to 50 points.

GO FORTH AND REPRESENT!!!!

Thats what i was waiting on...uva smells like

Apr 28, 2004, 12:57 PM

papa johns pizza all the live long day..

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cata, some of the pics are the dreaded red "X".

Apr 28, 2004, 12:47 PM

Can you fix them? I remember the guide from last year and would hate for others to miss out on the fun. :)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Which ones aren't showing up?***

Apr 28, 2004, 12:54 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

UVA uniforms and UNC uniforms in Part 1***

Apr 28, 2004, 4:38 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Catahoula's Guide to Hating the ACC Football Teams, Part 2

Apr 28, 2004, 12:52 PM

Welcome back, Tiger fans, to Catahoula's Guide to Hating ACC Football Teams, Part Two. When we left you yesterday, Georgia Tech had a slight lead in the hate points over North Carolina.

Today, we'll be examining stadiums and fight songs. Get your ear plugs, you'll need it for some of these horrendous tunes.

Category Three: Stadiums

1. North Carolina: No matter how obnoxious the fans are or how annoying it is to go to Chapel Hill, you can't deny that it's one of the most beautiful campuses in the nation. And Keenan Stadium fits right into that scenario. Surrounded by gorgeous trees, the walk to Keenan is enjoyable... if you can stand the Tarhole fans. Hate points: 1

Now if only we could teach their fans how to tailgate around it.

2. Georgia Tech: It's in the middle of Atlanta. It only holds about 45,000 people. So how on earth could this make #2? I don't know how they did it, but they somehow made Bobby Dodd stadium feel like you're not in Atlanta... and in a real college stadium, despite the size. The scenery around the stadium is nice and the atmosphere is electric. The big inflatable bee is pretty cool. It almost makes you forget that some wino is going to try to wash your car windshield on the way home. Hate points: 2

3. Florida State: One word: Electric. Sure, Doak Campbell isn't in the nicest surroundings. It's a pretty dumpy area. But inside the stadium, it feels like real college football. It's only matched by Death Valley in noise in the ACC, and the place looks state of the art. The stat scoreboard rules, and there's plenty of walkin' room behind the stands. I'll always have the fond memory of when I almost fell to my death there (really, I went over the rail and some of my friends had to hold onto me and pull me back up... I was jumping up and down after a Rod Gardner catch and I got pushed in the back... student government officials were nearby, so I'm calling it an assassination attempt). Hate points: 3

4. Virginia: Born in the darkest regions of the world, fed off the blood of little puppies, hungry for world domination... it's... it's... the PERGOLA! Fear it. Other than that, it's a pretty nice place to see a football game. Hate points: 4

5. Wake Forest: Nothing too pretty. Nothing too ugly. Nothing to watch a team win in. Hate points: 5

6. Maryland:Byrd Stadium is kinda like Williams-Brice. Someone just found a parking lot one day and say, "Hell, why not build a stadium there? After all, you got the nice DC smog overhead, two roads that get easily backed up during football traffic or any traffic for that matter, and maybe fans will know how to tailgate there!" If by tailgate you mean chunking beer cans at opposing fans. Hate points: 6

7. Duke: This is not a football stadium. This is a track field. Hate points: 7

8. NC State: Remember when you played high school football and you had to go to Podunkville to play at some stadium that looked like it had been built next to a coal mine? It smelled like cheese and so did the fans, even though there were hardly any in the stadium. This is Carter-Finley Stadium. It's a high school stadium. Nothing pretty, no atmosphere, and it'll make you want to take some Prozac once you leave. Being in Raleigh sure doesn't help the cause. Hate points: 8

This is the prettiest picture I could find of Carter-Finley.

Category Four: Fight Songs

1. Wake Forest: I must say personally that this is my favorite fight song other than Tiger Rag. This thing feels triumphant when you hear it! If it were played on bag pipes, it woulda been on the Braveheart soundtrack. Hate points: 1

Every Demon Deacon loses. Not every Demon Deacon truly wins.

2. Duke: Subtle. To the point. Not obnoxious. After these two, it all goes downhill. Hate points: 2

3. Virginia: The only reason they get ranked this high is because Auld Lang Syne is a cool sounding song. That being said, UVA RUINED IT! Ugh, there's nothing more disgusting than watching that pothead pep band stumble all over themselves trying to play it. It's like they just want to stand up and scream, "My daddy paid more than your daddy for my education!" Hate points: 3

4. Maryland: Not the worst thing in the world, although when they spell out "MARYLAND," the fans pump their arms like Beavis doing the "Do Me Baby" dance. And then, "Maryland... will win!" Uh, no. That sounds like crap. Hate points: 4

5. Florida State: Their REAL fight song, not that Indian chant crap, sounds like someone trumpeting in the arrival of a clown brigade. Hate points: 5

6. Georgia Tech:Which fight song are we talking about? It doesn't matter, they're both horrible. The first one, the little one where they try to simulate bees buzzing, makes you want to stick a sharpened pencil through your ear. It makes it worse that the worst mascot in the ACC, Buzz, runs out on the field shaking his bee ###(I use "his" loosely cause of his garb). Then you have this: "Doo doo doo dah, doo dah doo dah doo... blah blah blah Heck of an Engineer! Blah blah blah Our five women have no hair!" Or something like that. Makes you wish that car would crash into the inflatable bee. Hate points: 6

7. North Carolina: "Blah blah blah, you sons of b!tches, blah blah blah, you sons of b!tches." I think those are the words to the song. Whenever I hear this obnoxious circus tune, usually accompanied by a bunch of towel-waving blue bellies hopping up and down, I want to go slaughter a goat and make little goat chops. With a side of mashed potatoes. Hate points: 7

8. NC State:If you ever had an overweight uncle with a drinking problem who liked to burst into the dining room during Christmas dinner wearing nothing but a thong and a beret, the musical score accompanying his performance would be the NC State fight song. Yes, yes, I know it's a rendition of a military song. But folks, some military songs are crap. Like Anchors A-weigh. Yeah, yeah, I'm a traitor. Call Ashcroft. There is only one way in the world to tolerate such a hideous musical tune played over and over by some pretty obnoxious folks... and that's make up your own words to it.

Enjoy (courtesy of Tiger Band):

Through the hills, through the sticks,
NC State's a bunch of hicks!
And the tractors keep rolling along!
They don't read, they don't write,
All they do is cuss and fight!
And the tractors keep rolling along!

Well their socks are white!
See em shining through the night!
Shout out to all of NC State:
"STATE SUCKS!"
Well they're rednecks through and through,
And they'll rape your cattle too,
And the tractors keep rolling along...
YEE-HA!

Hate points: 8

No it is not sexy.

So, where does that leave us for today? Here's the ranking from most hated to least after Part Two:

1. N.C. State - 26
2. Georgia Tech - 22
3. North Carolina - 21
4. Maryland - 18
5. Virginia - 15
5. Florida State - 15
7. Wake Forest - 14
7. Duke - 14

Catahoula's Guide to Hating the ACC Football Teams, Part 3

Apr 28, 2004, 1:12 PM

Howdy howdy, Tiger fans, and welcome back. It's time for Part Three of Catahoula's Guide to Hating ACC Football Teams.

Today we're going to look at pre-game traditions/stadium entrances and head coaches. So, you know what that means. Grab your "bro" and ugly sunglasses. Chucky's infiltrating the Guide today!

Category Five: Pre-game traditions/entrances (remember, it's hard to get overly excited about any of these having grown up watching the 25 most exciting seconds in college football)

1. Georgia Tech: Allright, as nerve-racking as the fight song is (still say so) and as annoying as Buzz is shaking his ### on the field, Georgia Tech has put together one helluva pre-game entrance. The band fires up, the fans swirls their pom-poms, Buzz runs out and... and... THEY DRIVE A CAR ON THE FIELD!! How freakin' cool is that?! And the car is pretty snazzy too. And it's got some honeys hanging on it. Hate points: 1

Put me in the backseat of THAT Party Wagon.

2. Florida State: Fire... yeah... heh heh... Fire! Before every Seminole game, Chief Osceola charges out to the field on that really cool horse with a spear... on fire! And then he stops at midfield, slams that puppy into the ground, and says, "Check yo'self, foo. Not in my house, yo!" Or something like that. Hate points: 2

3. Maryland: They rub a giant statue of a turtle before taking the field. No, they didn't copy anyone. Really. I promise. Hate points: 3

4. Wake Forest: The band forms an entry way and the players charge onto the field behind the mascot, who's holding a giant Wake flag. The fight song is played. No, they didn't copy anyone either. I promise. Hate points: 4

5. North Carolina: Like the rest coming up, nothing that exciting. However, the fans seem to think it is. They charge onto the field from the locker room with the fight song, ugly goat mascot (whichever one) and the band. Rah rah. Hate points: 5

6. Virginia: Yay. They all run out onto the field. The fight song plays. Doo dah, doo dah. Maybe they could get a better entrance if fans weren't so in awe of the pergola. (Apparently last year, some UVA fans were upset that I didn't recognize them for their special Cavalier charge or whatever. For that, they get a cookie. Sorry for the omission). Hate points: 6

7. Duke: *Crickets chirping.* Hate points: 7

8. NC State: Whoever invented the concept of using smoke machines for football team entrances should be shot. Because once it happened, all the obnoxious teams across the nation with no real pre-game tradition said, "Ooo... that looks pretty!" South Carolina. Miami. And now NC State. The smoke entrance even looks crappy on NCAA 2004. If it looks bad there, you know it's bad. The State players tromp through the fecal mine field of the fair grounds on their way to their smoke-filled entry. And it stinks worse than Chucky forgetting to use his Right Guard. Hate points: 8

And heeeeere comes the Wolfpack! Or... uh... is that Miami? I mean, uh, well, yeah, here comes the Wolfpack!

Category Six: Head Coaches

1. Wake Forest: How can you not like Jim Grobe? He's not arrogant and he's taken one of the worst teams in college football and made them a real contender in the ACC. Just don't think you're going to be better than us, Jim. Hate points: 1

Hey! Check me out. I made them not suck anymore

2. Maryland: Get in my belly! If any ACC coach deserves his own cartoon, it's Ralph Friedgen. The Round Mound of Turtle Town not only turned Maryland around 180 degrees, but he's fun to look at. And when Maryland lets in too many freshmen each school year, they feed the surplus to him. Hate points: 2

3. Georgia Tech: Chan Gailey is a pretty hard guy not to like, either. He doesn't go around shooting off his mouth. He's a welcome change from George "Resumes-R-Us" O'Leary. Now if he'd only get rid of that brown hat. Your color is gold, Chan! Gold! Hate points: 3

4. Duke: Carl Franks, you coach at Duke. It's not enough to hate you, but man, what were you thinking? Hate points: 4

5. North Carolina: Is it a requirement that UNC coaches cry after a loss? John Bunting probably isn't that bad of a guy... but he looks like Super Mario. Watch out for the Goombas, dude. Hate points: 5

6. Virginia: Al Groh, you are an unimaginable prick. "We're playing chess, they're playing checkers!" Oh, you what a clever buttmonkey you are. News flash, Al. You aren't a great coach. It's just for some reason, when the good ACC teams come to town, they don't play up to par. And I could kick your ### at chess. Hate points: 6

7. Florida State: "Indiana" Bobby Bowden, father of our beloved coach. Maybe Tommy was adopted. Bobby wanders around with that "awe shucks" attitude and plays dumb whenever one of his thugalicious players does something stupid. "Not like he shot the president," "Gee, they're just boys, let em play." "Gosh, I dunno." NO! You #### well know they're wrong and they're doing things that are wrong! And when he runs up the score and says something like, "Awe, gee, I didn't even know we were doing it," I want to take his hat and feed it to Ramses. And Mrs. Bowden... ohhhh, you. Every Clemson-FSU game, it's a new excuse, "I think Tommy should let his dad win cause he's trying for a national title," "I think he should let his dad win cause he's had a rough year," NO! Support your son. And stay off TV. ARGH! Hate points: 7

8. NC State: Mario Puzo couldn't have invented a better character. I'm not sure when the mafia decided to take a stronghold on college football, but they found the perfect candidate... and school... with Chuck Amato and NC State. Don't let his squeaky-voiced media savvy fool you. Those man ##### have probably beaten information out of rival family members. You don't think so? You think NC State EARNED their Tangerine Bowl and Gator Bowl bids? Even after they just happened to get the surprise bids after Amato met privately with officials? Look at the sunglasses! What's worse is that Amato has sold NC State with his, "Hey, look at us! Over here!" campaign. He's made NC State out to be something special... and some kind of powerhouse. He's Mafioso, he's got man #####, his voice is squeaky, and he won't go away. If you don't think he's the most obnoxious coach in all of college football, you can sleep wit da fishes. Hate points: 8

Amato (left) pictured here with his father.

So, where does that leave us for today? Here's the ranking from most hated to least after Part Three:

1. N.C. State - 42
2. North Carolina - 29
3. Virginia - 27
4. Georgia Tech - 26
5. Florida State - 24
5. Duke - 24
7. Maryland - 23
8. Wake Forest - 20

Catahoula's Guide to Hating the ACC Football Teams, Part 4

Apr 28, 2004, 1:19 PM

(Pictures for this part will be posted later today)

Howdy, Tiger fans, and welcome to the fourth and final part of Catahoula's Guide to Hating ACC Football Teams. I hope you've enjoyed everything so far, and we'll close everything off today. Once we're done, you should have an idea as to who to hate on a top priority.

Now, some of you may disagree with the overall results of this guide, and may think that one school should finish ahead of another in hate points. But when disagreeing, remember this very important detail:

I don't care.

That being said, let's get on with it... Today we look at fan behavior and team behavior. Since these two factors are the most decisive in determining how to hate a team, the hate points are DOUBLED for this category.

Category Seven: Fan behavior

1. Florida State: Hands down, these are some of the greatest college football fans in the country. Your typical trip to Tallahassee will involve smiles from hot women, invitations to tailgate parties, free beer and smokes, and more invitations to after parties. If you happen to get stuck in an FSU section during the game, have no fear. These folks will welcome you with open arms. Granted, there are a few bad apples, particularly among the students, but the majority of FSU fans are very warm to Clemson folk. Maybe cause they beat us so much. And when you wear nothing but jean shorts, gold chains, huge Oakleys and a child-molester mustache, you gotta have a sense of humor. Hate points: 2

2. Duke: When you can actually find a Duke fan at a football game, they're usually pretty nice to you. Hate points: 4

3. Wake Forest: Wake Forest fans, despite recent elevated success, still don't have a good reason to talk junk or act rude. Even they did, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't. And they have some honeys there. Hate points: 6

4. Georgia Tech: Putting aside their overwhelmingly disgusting lack of women, GT fans are about half and half. There are a lot of great fans there who understand the meaning of good football and good times. Then again, there are plenty of nasty ones who just want to bean you over the head with their protractor. And let's not forget the group of GT students who assaulted the UMD band in 2001. Hate points: 8

5. Virginia: UVA fans aren't very violent. They're just extremely stuck up. You would receive better treatment at as a non-paying guest at the Ritz than you would as an opposing fan at UVA. They have to issue nose plugs at the stadium gates so flies won't buzz into them while they're holding them high. A UVA fan completes his arrogant look with a starched shirt, bow tie and a brand new baseball cap that he demolished the night before to cover his frat bush. Oh yeah, don't expect many of them to understand the game being played on the field. They didn't know they had a football program until 1990. Hate points: 10

6. North Carolina:As stuck up as UVA fans but only more confrontational, UNC fans really do believe the sky is baby blue because God is a Tarhole fan. Yeah, sure, God would choose a goat as a mascot. The bluebellies are obnoxious and in your face, but they usually cower from a fight because they might smear their cheese and break their wine bottles. Which brings us to another point: There is not a UNC fan in the world who knows how to tailgate. Not one. Anywhere. And if you really want to see a bad UNC fan, just look for the millions across the nation who have never set foot on the campus but bought the GREEN UNC baseball cap. Thugalicious. Hate points: 12

7. Maryland: They don't make the worst simply because of consistency. If you visit College Park on a bad year for the Turtles, they'll toss you a few snide remarks and let it be. But if it's a good year, better wear a full plate of armor. As we all witnessed in 2001, UMD fans will hurl beer bottles at innocent bystanders in opposing colors, they'll tear down goalposts (during basketball season) and burn them, they'll loot stores and destroy shot windows, they'll pelt you with food during the game and then they'll tell you, "Go home redneck! Clemson sucks! $%&# Duke!" No UMD fans know what tailgating is because they've already thrown away all their beer. Besides, you'se guys, they'd much rather watch a soccer match. Hate points: 14

8. NC State: Consistently the worst. Whether they're good or bad, expect to receive similar treatment as you would from UMD fans on a good year. They'll even vandalize your car in CLEMSON. That's right, in hostile territory. They don't care. They'll flatten your van tires when you leave for the game. They're drunk, they're redneck and they're lookin' for a fight. My children will have to be at least 15 before I'll take them to a game in Raleigh. Now with their added success, it will only get worse. The mafia has come to town and the rednecks are responding in kind. Hate points: 16

Category Eight: Team behavior.

1. Duke: You don't see many Duke players getting in trouble, taking cheap shots, acting obnoxious, or winning for that matter. Hate points: 2

2. Georgia Tech: GT players don't seem to talk any more trash than your average team. Overall, their players appear to play hard and with class. Hate points: 4

3. Virginia: Surprisingly not as stuck-up as their fans. Maybe that jerk Groh actually installed some discipline in them. Hate points: 6

4. Maryland: Amazing how cocky you can be after two years of improvement. Shoot, I even heard of their punter talking junk from a few of my fellow UMD students. The punter! Go clean the jock straps, son. Hate points: 8

5. NC State: Obnoxious, cocky and flamboyant? but not as much as their fans or half the other schools in the conference. Overall, they don't get in too much trouble. But Philip Rivers? Married at age 20 and has a kid? Blah, blah, All-American Kid... whatever. Dude, you were supposed to wait on that and have fun at keggers. Your loss, kid. Hate points: 10

6. Wake Forest:ChopBlocs-R-Us. Wake Forest players, along with their cheap shots and holding, are blessed with a little bit more of an air of cockiness than they should have. There should be ZERO trash talk and dirty play coming from these fellas. Wake up, guys. You suck. Don?t try to win a game. Know your role. Basketball season is just around the corner. Hate points: 12

7. North Carolina:A UNC player is born a thug, right from the womb. He comes out with a Tarhole flag in one hand and his middle finger sticking up on the other. The aura of suck matters not to a UNC player. He doesn't care how bad the team is, he'll dance on your midfield logo anyway and flip off the fans. I suppose they think they have something to prove about their masculinity with all that baby blue. Hate points: 14

8. Florida State: Taunting the Tigers as they run down the Hill. Late hits. Free stuff from Dillard's. Throwing football games. Supposedly missing an exam (yeah, right). Crime. Fights. Bobby Bowden has made it clear that he doesn't care about disciplining players (aww shucks, they're just kids). And the players have run with it. How they can have such good fans and such despicable players is beyond me. Somewhere, Peter Warrick is laughing his ### off. Hate points: 16

Drum roll, please: And now the final standings are...
1. N.C. State - 68
2. North Carolina - 55
3. Maryland - 45
4. Virginia - 43
5. Florida State - 42
6. Georgia Tech - 38
6. Wake Forest - 38
8. Duke - 30

There ya have it! Hope you enjoyed em.

Cata, you left out UNC's TERRIBLE pre-game video

Apr 28, 2004, 6:40 PM [ in reply to Catahoula's Guide to Hating the ACC Football Teams, Part 3 ]

"It's not the hills, or the bell, or the liberal baby-blue hell" or something like that :)

And you forgot that new coach guy at Duke. What's his name? Aw, forget it, nobody cares except his Mom. (Ted Roof)

Re:

Apr 28, 2004, 6:55 PM

Cata, great analysis....

NCSU, UNC-CH (Chapel Hill branch of the UNC system) and UMd are definitely the 3 to hate the most

Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!

Too funny. "...just...no" - still laughing about that.

Apr 28, 2004, 12:55 PM

Thanks.

yes Cat, yes

Apr 28, 2004, 12:58 PM

Maryland- points off for a flag designed by Picasso on LSD. Turtles are for soup.

UNC-Goats are cool...but when dressed in baby blue (yes that IS what it is)he flies the rainbow flag

FSU- Rides a horse AND plants a flaming spear...way cool.

GT-Maybe they should ditch the yellow jacket and adopt the african killer bee....start afresh.

NC State- Get a real wolf, throw a rabbit in the cage every game...NOW you are onto something...

Wake- Colors...yes. Mascot...looks like the guy from Poltergeist 3 only not as creepy.

Duke- In football...does a mascot make any difference? Lets call em the blue sacrificial lambs...

UVa- Unis...rock. Mascot...does fly the rainbow flag. Give a drunk redneck a sword and let the sword be THE mascot.

I'll tackle the new ones as well

Miami- Hurricanes are cool but green and orange...guess they do the best they can. And what is with the scribble mark on the front of the baseball hat?

VT- I clearly remember playing them in our openers years back having a ball with their fans. While tanked to the gills yelling "Whats a Hokie?" Turkeys are for Holidays. Big points off for the worst color scheme in football (outside of U of Oregon)

BC- Eagles are cool. Good use of colors too. Points off for the worst dialect in the english language. And they make fun of southerners? "Get in the Cah time to go to the Bah"...for shame

Thanks for the repost! I'd give you a thumbs up, but I don't

Apr 28, 2004, 1:00 PM

have enough points to vote :(

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Uh, yes you do. You have 50+***

Apr 28, 2004, 1:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I only had 20 about 30 seconds ago. LOL******

Apr 28, 2004, 1:03 PM

Re: I only had 20 about 30 seconds ago. LOL******

Apr 28, 2004, 1:10 PM

a quick thumbs down or two will fix that problem

*******DISCLAIMER********* My intent of this post was not to upset the manginas who frequent some of the boards.

Spreading sunshine as usual...******

Apr 28, 2004, 1:12 PM

I just gave u a thumbs up, so time to scratch my back a lil.***

Apr 28, 2004, 1:03 PM [ in reply to Thanks for the repost! I'd give you a thumbs up, but I don't ]

I was kinda hoping you'd move Mr. Peanut up...***

Apr 28, 2004, 1:28 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

EF THE SMURF NATION!!! KILL THE CYAN NANCYBOYS!!***

Apr 28, 2004, 1:34 PM

Always do whatever's next. -cuda

Okay, I'm amused

Apr 28, 2004, 1:59 PM

and yes, the sky is Carolina blue. ;)

Re: Okay, I'm amused

Apr 28, 2004, 3:01 PM

That is awesome.

Me personally... if i could be any mascot while drunk at a party... It'd be buzz.

I never get tired of reading this.....

Apr 28, 2004, 2:36 PM

are you gonna do an update with Miami VT and BC?

C L E M S OOOOOO N!!!!

Enjoyed reading the whole thread...hilarious if not flawed

Apr 29, 2004, 11:41 AM

Seems to me you had a bad experience a Ga. Tech LOL...I honestly think the GT Fight Song is the best in America.

Good stuff...thanks.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic