Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NFL marijuana ban... Political hypocrisy at it's worst.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

NFL marijuana ban... Political hypocrisy at it's worst.

Jun 16, 2018, 8:51 AM

There's also a hidden economic correlation that they don't want to address.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/i-team/nfl-players-appeal-league-embrace-marijuana-article-1.2732262

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NFL marijuana ban... Political hypocrisy at it's worst.

Jun 16, 2018, 9:36 AM

No more so than folks advocating for a legalazation of weed when CBD oil does the trick. CBD oil does not get one high but provides the benefits, weed on the other hand does both.SO which are those using weed looking to get out of it? Pain relief or just high? One can argue that booze is worse but until weed is made legal and is not a tested for item then one is a fool to smoke it when it comes with a loss of livelihood. I smoked it up until I hit 18 and began a career where it is mandatory for drug/alcohol testing with a loss of license for popping positive. I can tell you being stoned is not conducive to accomplishing things as it far easier to watch tv and eat dorito's while vegging on the couch.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They conveniently omit opioids and amphetamines...

Jun 16, 2018, 10:35 AM

As to CBD oil, it's still banned in numerous states simply because it's a derivative of "the evil weed". That whole situation is about patent rights and pharmaceutical lobbying. As to the booze, that's a lot of advertising money. Maintaining the stays quo and maintaining the financial stream are the true deciding factors... As to me, I might average a 'joint' a year... No skin in the game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 16, 2018, 10:36 AM [ in reply to Re: NFL marijuana ban... Political hypocrisy at it's worst. ]

I love all of the miss info distributed on this site by those who think they are so d@mn smart about cannabis when they smoked mex rag weed 20 yrs ago. That’s not medicine!

1. Delta 9 THC has its on medical benefits as does CBD, they both have their place. As it’s CBD”s cousin D9 THC ( the compound that makes you high) that eases nausea, vomiting, and gives the patient an appetite after chemo. Bonus is, it makes you happy, raised mood, fights inflammation, and is a natural and powerful pain reliever /muscle relaxant. Not to mention it fights seizures. It’s also THC that saves the brain from repetitive damage/concussions and would probably stop CTE in its track. A win for cancer patients and football players IMO. THC also limits the protein build up that causes Alzheimers this has been proven, hence the GOV’s patent on THC as a neuro protectant. LOOK IT Up. This is why the synthetic drug Marinol derived from THC was produced for cancer patients.

2. Cannabis works better by way of what’s called the entourage effect meaning all compounds of cannabis work better together, THC, CBD, Terpenes, CBN, and CBC!

3. I retired after 20 yrs of service and the VA thought that 16 different pills a day was good for me. You know the ole opioid, muscle relaxer, anti psychotic, anti anxiety pills. You know, a pill to cover the side effect of the other pill. Well, it was cannabis that give me my life back. Not the 16 pills from the federal gov.

4. Lastly, if cannabis made you lazy then odds are you were already lazy and it just added to it.
I smoke daily and I know hundreds of vets that use mmj and their not lazy at all. They lead a fully functioning life.

So the bottom line is this, I don’t give two ####$ what anyone thinks about mmj. Their ignorant and misinformed. All I know is what it’s done for me, my fellow veterans, and all the people who have medicated with this natural plant for close to 10,000 yrs with no recorded deaths ever. Go figure!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THERE YOU GO! When I find the need, I will too... Nice post.

Jun 16, 2018, 10:44 AM

I hope it continues to work for you. The 'pharmaceutical pushing' through the VA is a perfect example of the lobbying that's being done to preserve that money flow for Big Pharma...

Living and being an ICU RN and dad in Cali..

Jun 16, 2018, 11:54 AM

I hate what I see here which is a bunch of high school aged kids who see alcohol and marijuana as no big deal, and have taken that next step to cocaine with ease. I live in Placerville.. it's more conservative here than in Charleston, and reminds me A LOT of Walhalla, so don't try to paint some liberal CA nonsense.
The other thing is while mj is natural, what people are smoking now are super hybrids with highly elevated THC levels. The nature argument doesn't work for me in this regard.
BUT
I see more and more patients benefiting from the declining stigma of mj use, and hear their stories of how it helps. I have full buy in there. Just helped a man with ALS pass away last week.. 3 decades in the Service, great family, but his body betraying him and breaking down. Part of his home care was using mj with great success to help his pains and his mood. Certainly no worse than the absolute crap I give people in the form of fentanyl, oxy, ativan, etc..

I'm torn on what is best. I want people to have access to mj as individuals who need it, but flat legalization leads to further misuse by those lacking control and is one more drag on society. I see it here everyday.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Living and being an ICU RN and dad in Cali..

Jun 16, 2018, 12:07 PM

This should help you out, God supplied this earth with the best medicines ever known for man kind and our health. But now, man believes that science is smarter than God, and what God knew long before man was ever put on this earth. God wanted man to discover what he put on this earth to benefit our existence through out our life, and that worked good until man started believing they had become smarter than God himself!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 16, 2018, 12:10 PM [ in reply to Living and being an ICU RN and dad in Cali.. ]

So the gateway drug thing? Ahh, well most people start on the rd to addiction by way of cigarettes and alcohol. Not cannabis! Cigs and alcohol are the first things tried 99% of the time. The whole reefer madness is over so stop preaching that bs, people are more informed, And yes the THC percent is higher because it’s grown correctly in a controlled environment. Not in the fields of Mexico with all the bug repellent and chemicals.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 16, 2018, 1:00 PM [ in reply to Living and being an ICU RN and dad in Cali.. ]

http://www.newsweek.com/marijuana-not-gateway-drug-325358

Jun 16, 2018, 8:09 PM [ in reply to Living and being an ICU RN and dad in Cali.. ]

As a fellow murse working in the pharma industry now, I can confirm the pharma industry is evil and the crap they are selling the public is well, crap...there are some medicines that are actually life saving, but the majority are masks that create their own problems which guess what? Need another medicine to mask...its crap...we're freaking poisoning ourselves...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 16, 2018, 11:55 AM [ in reply to Re: NFL marijuana ban... Political hypocrisy at it's worst. ]

The Sativa strain of pot is the one that gives you the get and go high, but the Indica strain of pot is the one that causes you to kick back with the sleepy, lazy, relaxing feeling....

This is a great article if you want to know the differences in the different strain types, and the effects of both. (Sativa-Indica) During the day the Sativa is the way to go, but at night without a doubt, Indica is the best for relaxing and relieving your body of pain and stress!!!

https://greatist.com/health/your-brain-on-marijuana

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 16, 2018, 12:42 PM [ in reply to Re: NFL marijuana ban... Political hypocrisy at it's worst. ]

Very well put, and I couldn't agree more.

Not all.....but mostly.....it's stooges that have never smoked a joint in their life that are telling us the evil effects of weed.

Giving any mind altering drug to a child is one thing. And that is bad.
But an adult choosing to indulge in.....ANYTHING....be it pot or liquor- or whatever, is that person's business.
AND IT SHOULDN'T BE ANYONE'S BUSINESS OTHER THAN THE ADULT THAT CHOOSES TO INDULGE.

IT'S CALLED FREEDOM.

Jun 16, 2018, 7:07 PM

I hate the word "freedom". It is the worst word in the English language. Freedom is something that is allowed by a government. Liberty is a God given right. And one is the antithesis of the other.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 16, 2018, 12:26 PM [ in reply to Re: NFL marijuana ban... Political hypocrisy at it's worst. ]

The next big cure from big pharma might be MS (and despite what people say, there is a LOT of money in the cure). Since weed is a great treatment for MS, it threatens those potential profits, so a lot of money is being poured into stopping legalization.

Jun 17, 2018, 2:51 AM

Yet the former republican speaker of the house, Boehner, is now a lobbyist for legalization in capital hill. That says you all you need to know about the money to be made in legal weed and the fact that it's only a matter of time.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 16, 2018, 9:42 AM

True...

Jun 16, 2018, 11:26 AM

The only thing I can add that I believe and believe in, and that is God put everything on this earth that we need to live a normal healthy life, and man kind has played God by all the dangerous drugs they have constructed when all they needed to do was look around for what God supplied for us naturally. And pot is one of those things that has been on this earth since the beginning of time. The Egyptians has used pot throughout their existence for medical purposes. Anything that has naturally come from the earth should have never been made illegal simply bc man couldn't control it as an industry for controlled gain$$$!!!!!!!

Thumb down...? Ah, poor baby. Cute. Maybe a Big Pharma salesman

Jun 16, 2018, 1:46 PM

or a Dudley-Do-Right authoritarian control freak... I guess siding with Big Money is the way to go, no...?

Re: I didn't TD you cause it's not in my nature to TD...

Jun 16, 2018, 2:21 PM

Tiger Brothers but I contest your position. I agree with Dabo's, most other coaches' and the NFL's policy on pot. The main reason is fairly simple. Pot can make some people more lazy than they would have been if pot wasn't in their lives. I'm not saying everyone.

Unfortunately for the pot head some people can tell when they aren't giving a job everything they are being paid for. I've worked with a lot of potheads and I admit that some of them appear to be really good workers while some do not. I understand there is a personality and motivational factor involved and my experience doesn't qualify as a scientific study.

I know that concentration levels decrease in most people on pot. If a man is playing tennis as a single I think it's none of anyone's business if he does it high or not but if someone is depending on the performance of a teammate that teammate is responsible to work his butt off when he's on the clock and perform on the field of play.

I do not believe a pot smoker is capable of doing his best. I think pot might have an adverse impact on some people's education but that's between them and whoever finances their educational
endeavors.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I totally understand your position on performance in a job-

Jun 16, 2018, 2:36 PM

type setting , whether sport or otherwise, and agree. Outside that window, I think it's a personal choice, one that I have chosen NOT to make. I've been responsible for my business decisions, for better or worse, for 35+ years so I've lived with it. I won't put up with someone showing up to work 'baked'... or 'sauced'. The attitude towards marijuana supersedes this. If someone wants to go home and have some drinks, or some tokes, that's not my (nor should it be anyone else's) business as long as it doesn't affect their performance the next day. This NFL, government, and Big Pharma driven rhetoric for the express purpose of profit preservation is a problem that needs exposure and new legislation.

Re: I totally understand your position on performance in a job-

Jun 16, 2018, 5:03 PM

Ok, so how do you determine(legally) whether or not someone is “sauced or baked”? Correct me if I’m wrong but, I don’t think there is a reliable test to determine that. Only determine if someone has smoked weed in the last couple of weeks or so.
BYW, will weed work on migraines? I’ve just started on my third one in the last 2 hours and sure could use some relief?????

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Experience and observation... As to the migraines, probably.***

Jun 16, 2018, 5:17 PM

Re: I totally understand your position on performance in a job-

Jun 16, 2018, 5:09 PM [ in reply to I totally understand your position on performance in a job- ]

I agree with this. Cannabis works better than all of the medications that I have had to try due to my illness. However with that said I have never used before or during work hours. If I showed up at work stoned there is no way I could do what is asked of me. I see it as showing up to work drunk or drinking on the job. I do believe marijuana needs to be removed from pre-employment drug testing though IMHO

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With full legalization in Canada imminent.....

Jun 16, 2018, 2:38 PM

the United States will face a new set of problems.

Certainly brings to mind the long ago foils of Prohibition when liquor was legal in Canada and Mexico and was smuggled into the US almost at will.

Even Colorado, California and Oregon have move towards full decriminilization.

Hey, maybe they can make a movie about a cb-using truckdriver and his buddy in a fast car smuggling a load of pot from Colorado to Georgia

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: With full legalization in Canada imminent.....

Jun 17, 2018, 9:59 AM

What's cb? Is it slang for pot or some other drug?

Re: With full legalization in Canada imminent.....***

Jun 17, 2018, 11:03 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

NBA - no players or games w/marijuana testing

Jun 16, 2018, 5:14 PM

Sure Bryant appears to be an undisciplined chronic, still pot is being legalized in more and more states. Ambiguous at best.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NBA - no players or games w/marijuana testing

Jun 17, 2018, 12:33 AM

No, you mean you can't control yourself to get the stardom and money you make playing in the NFL ? If you can't, I don't feel sorry for you at all. Bye Bryant.

Re: NBA - no players or games w/marijuana testing

Jun 17, 2018, 11:37 AM [ in reply to NBA - no players or games w/marijuana testing ]

There are also MANY drugs, items, that are legal for the rest of us to use, that sports players cannot use. Its a private industry, they can set the standard. So what if it becomes legal everywhere, doesn't mean the NFL accepts it.

Jun 17, 2018, 1:06 PM

Everyone is looking for a “release” - from the discomfort, stress, pain, etc that they feel in their lives physically, mentally, and spiritually. Trust me, there are better ways to get this release than taking cannabis.

This society will push ANYTHING but real, natural handlings for the body and mind and spirit. It’s sad. Marijuana is just another “solution” that isn’t handling the source of the issue in our travails. Note that the problems don’t actually go away. But symptoms are handled.

My viewpoint is that the whole viewpoint is completely psychotic as far as health and wellness goes. Backed by pharma, psychiatry, and those who seek power and control. Until we handle that Real efforts to handle these things such as religion and natural healing processes continue to remain suppressed.

Religion may help the mental stress. Naturals need more

Jun 17, 2018, 1:52 PM

research... something that has finally being brought to the fore by marijuana.

Re: Religion may help the mental stress. Naturals need more

Jun 17, 2018, 2:07 PM

Can you clarify what you mean by being brought to the fore by marijuana?

legalize marijuana***

Jun 17, 2018, 3:47 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No***

Jun 18, 2018, 9:39 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic