Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I hope the coaches consider painting a facemask...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 8,997

I hope the coaches consider painting a facemask...

Jan 7, 2021, 3:57 PM

on the top of Skalski's helmet next year. In this illusion the top of the helmet would appear to be the front, helping confuse the referees, thus increasing the odds they keep the flags in their pockets. This would be easier than trying to teach older players new techniques, techniques that, quite honestly, aren't even proven to be safer yet. And because the targeting rule isn't liked by most football experts, this trick would not be frowned upon.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: I hope the coaches consider painting a facemask...

Jan 7, 2021, 4:01 PM

Extraordinary idea!!!

What’s the over under on targeting calls next year?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2021, 4:09 PM

I’m not sure that “the experts” don’t like the targeting rule as much as they dislike the way it is determined and enforced. Without question it is a good rule but it also is extremely hard to define in a game. In my opinion, which means nothing, the targeting call should be made on blows to the head area. That certainly is where the dangerous blows occur. I think there will be a change in the ruling during the off season.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The good thing about my plan is...

Jan 7, 2021, 4:12 PM

it also helps eliminate the targeting penalties that are good in theory, but are disliked in the way they are determined and enforced.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Jan 7, 2021, 4:57 PM [ in reply to Re: I hope the coaches consider painting a facemask... ]

I saw where a lot of fans on here thought that it was targeting on Fields, but I just didn't see it that way, but opinion means nothing to the refs!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably the same odds that Trevor Booker had just walking

Jan 7, 2021, 4:11 PM [ in reply to Re: I hope the coaches consider painting a facemask... ]

onto the court. He typically was called for two fouls within the opening seconds of each game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

I think it's a really good idea

Jan 7, 2021, 4:06 PM

I just faxed it to Dabo and BV, I'll let you know when I get a response. For the record, I told them it was your idea so that you would get the credit you deserve.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Jan 7, 2021, 4:06 PM

That's not a bad idea for the back of the cornerback's helmet also! No more PI calls because the defender didn't get his head around to track the football.

Jan 7, 2021, 4:15 PM

why not just put a second facemask on the top of his helmet to protect it from injury?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Helmets cannot be injured.***

Jan 7, 2021, 4:16 PM

Every time I think Balm seems to be getting smarter

Jan 7, 2021, 4:17 PM

he says something this stupid. You can't make this up!

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

He should have worried less about protecting his helmet...

Jan 7, 2021, 4:19 PM

and more about protecting his head when he played soccer as a child. lol.

Re: Every time I think Balm seems to be getting smarter

Jan 7, 2021, 4:21 PM [ in reply to Every time I think Balm seems to be getting smarter ]

me smart, lol

tell that to my ex wife.***

Jan 7, 2021, 4:21 PM [ in reply to Helmets cannot be injured.*** ]

Ok, what's her fax number?***

Jan 7, 2021, 4:21 PM

here is her work number

Jan 7, 2021, 4:26 PM

her name is Sandy

(404) 892-3037

I left a message, the guy that answered said she was

Jan 7, 2021, 4:30 PM

on stage at the moment, she must be some sort of theater performer or something now.

I have her private number if you want to do a 3way

Jan 7, 2021, 6:43 PM

call.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: I have her private number if you want to do a 3way

Jan 8, 2021, 10:39 AM

go for it, she is making alimony payment to me. I just fish and drive around in my boat all day.

Jan 7, 2021, 4:29 PM

Brilliant! And its only Jan 7 and you have made a serious and factual post. That's got to be a record for you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

New year...

Jan 7, 2021, 4:30 PM

New me.

If this gets POTD, I don't know what I will do.***

Jan 7, 2021, 5:32 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Play Space Invaders?***

Jan 7, 2021, 5:36 PM

Headed to the Space Invader arcade game machine now ...

Jan 8, 2021, 10:23 AM

?????

Jan 7, 2021, 5:56 PM

I hope you don't have an important job! We have enough boneheads running the country as is.

If I told you what I did for a living...

Jan 7, 2021, 6:33 PM

you’d be very impressed and apologize to me profusely for what you said.

Interesting that with all the buzz about his history of

Jan 7, 2021, 6:18 PM

committing targeting violations nobody mentions how he’s jeopRdizing his own safety by not talking head up.
I pretty sure that’s what put Eric LeGrand of Rutgers in a wheelchair for life.

Re: Interesting that with all the buzz about his history of

Jan 7, 2021, 7:06 PM

Jan 7, 2021, 6:19 PM

committing targeting violations nobody mentions how he’s jeopardizing his own safety by not talking head up.
You can’t hit as hard as he does and not run the risk of getting badly hurt.

Jan 7, 2021, 6:19 PM

committing targeting violations nobody mentions how he’s jeopardizing his own safety by not takling heads up.
You can’t hit as hard as he does and not run the risk of getting badly hurt.

Personally, I think Skalski is bad enough to not even wear a

Jan 7, 2021, 6:34 PM

helmet. Just slap on that thing we get in the BC game every year and he is good to go.

Re: Personally, I think Skalski is bad enough to not even wear a

Jan 8, 2021, 1:25 PM

Absolutely, they all should have to wear that padding that they use on helmet in practice, and do away with the targeting rule with the exception of the crown of the helmet to the head!!! Determination of rule settled!!!

Replies: 31
| visibility 8,997
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic