Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson is 9-2. That's not bad.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

Clemson is 9-2. That's not bad.

Nov 19, 2011, 7:50 PM

2 ACC Atlantic titles in 3 years.
I'll take that. Lord knows it's better than the past 20 years of mediocrity. Let's keep this momentum going, and we'll be something special in a few short years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Be careful, you'll rile the masses in here.***

Nov 19, 2011, 7:51 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Re: Clemson is 9-2. That's not bad.

Nov 19, 2011, 7:54 PM

I agree FM. I just hope that our team will do some soul searching this week. Honestly, It would not surprise me one bit if we went to Columbia and won. They only have one win against a team with a winning record. All we need is a total effort of our guys doing their jobs. If we win next week tonight will seem like 100 years ago. Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you see this game? I thought this was a loss

Nov 20, 2011, 8:27 AM

But really? that much. out played. out coached. no one even got mad?

I don't care how anyone spins it, when you get blown out by a team that barely makes a bowl game...that is bad.

9-2 is MUCH better than I expected out of this group.***

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

But, we lost tonight. Don't you know it's the end of the

Nov 19, 2011, 7:56 PM

world?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

We didn't lose, we were never even in

Nov 19, 2011, 8:06 PM

a blowout of a game against team that has had a hard time manufacturing points with a 5-5 record.

If, next November, an incumbent takes the White House

Nov 19, 2011, 8:59 PM [ in reply to But, we lost tonight. Don't you know it's the end of the ]

... then I will believe it is the end of the road.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Dude...we got whipped..on natl tv...in all phases

Nov 20, 2011, 8:29 AM [ in reply to But, we lost tonight. Don't you know it's the end of the ]

have some pride.

Lighten up Francis!

Nov 19, 2011, 7:55 PM

Always wanted to say that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

9-5 would sting horribly. We can not rest on our laurels

Nov 19, 2011, 7:58 PM

We have looked absolutely horrific at times dating back to Game 1. We have spurts of genius mixed in with spurts of pure puke. Today, it was really just one terrible quarter. If we don't implode in the 2nd quarter, we still would have had a chance. We take way too many risks early in games and abandon the running game way too early.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True, but I have a bad feeling that this team

Nov 19, 2011, 8:04 PM

is done. We have had teams with bad records that didn't make a habit of falling behind people by huge scores just by halftime. 24-3 GT, 27-3 NC State, and 28-10 Maryland. The defense is horrible and here's a reality check, nobody is afraid of our offense because it is no longer any good. We had 14 vs WAke at home with 5 minutes left in the third qtr, 13 total today. The offense is just bad right now. It went from being just pas and can't run to can't run and can't pass.

Nov 19, 2011, 8:05 PM

did you even watch the game?

Listen 9-2 would've been great before the year

but expectations CHANGE when you are 8-0, they just do.

To be okay with the NCSU debacle just b/c we are 9-2, is stupid.

Yes an 11-2 finish and ACC title would be friggin awesome, just not sure how some can feel confident of that after the past few games.

Nov 21, 2011, 7:26 AM

Exactly. Tired of people saying when we lost to GA Tech, did you expect us to be 8-1 or 9-1 or 9-2. No, I expected us to be undefeated. Accepting 9-2 or 8-1 is accepting mediocrity. And that kind of thinking will leave us at 9-3 next week.

We better wake up and come to play. We didn't deserve to win against Wake Forest. We have been playing pretty bad for the past several games and there has been on improvement. As the season has gone on, we have gotten worse. Good teams and well coached teams should be getting better.

And it is not just one area. We are losing it in many areas. OLine, Running game, QB throwing into multiple coverage, poor tackling, poor pass coverage, special teams.

Nov 19, 2011, 8:09 PM

After last year, 9-2 is certainly not bad. But it is disappointing after an 8-0 start. We are playing bad football right now. 9-5 is starting to look possible.

I'm glad not everyone is blind to what we are building

Nov 19, 2011, 9:02 PM

Today sucked and is unacceptable, and the blame for the lack of motivation and preparation primarily rests on the coaches. BUT it can all be erased with wins over the Coots and in the ACCCG. My confidence that that can happen has taken a hit, but I still believe in this team. Plus the future is incredibly bright.

If we lose the next two though, then I might agree with the dumpers that the sky is in fact falling.

Message was edited by: CTiger423®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most folks would say the 9-2 is not bad...

Nov 19, 2011, 9:04 PM

...but what say you about 9-5? Doesn't quite seem as good as you'd like eh?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed...but losing out is unacceptable

Nov 19, 2011, 9:05 PM

let's hope the team shows up the next two weeks.

Shhhh, the pumpers haven't realized that yet.

Nov 19, 2011, 9:20 PM

You are their buzzkill.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ahhhh, the glory of losses for a Dumper....

Nov 20, 2011, 7:24 AM

I can just feel the warmth and "fun" coming back into your body, and just in time for Christmas! Can it get any better for you?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is no such thing as a division title***

Nov 19, 2011, 9:16 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly, this isn't the NFL....

Nov 20, 2011, 12:38 AM

and winning your "division" really doesn't mean Sh!t.

Really? The ACC awarded us a trophy for the

Nov 20, 2011, 6:13 AM [ in reply to There is no such thing as a division title*** ]

Atlantic Division championship. But I guess all that was imaginary right?

GO TIGERS

^^^ This ^^^

Nov 20, 2011, 7:25 AM

But you can't tell that to the "We suck...... again!" crowd.

THIS - who cares...don't get thumped by 20 some odd points

Nov 20, 2011, 8:32 AM

and let's see this team take up for their broken, bleeding teammates and HAVE SOME PRIDE. Cannot believe anyone is saying 'it's ok, we are still 9-2'. I would rather be 7-4 and not get outclassed by any team we play for 4 QTRS. No heart! None. I wanted to go out there and roll me knee up in the 2nd half.

Re: THIS - who cares...don't get thumped by 20 some odd points

Nov 21, 2011, 7:28 AM

i agree. It is not okay being 9-2. Accepting that is the wrong mentality.

Great we won the division. Win the conference!

Little leagues give a trophy to everyone

Nov 20, 2011, 8:28 AM [ in reply to Really? The ACC awarded us a trophy for the ]

Why dont we just do that?

We should expect a bit more.

I'm not saying we shouldn't want more but

Nov 20, 2011, 10:49 AM

to gloss over winning the division and claim its not a real title is ridiculous imo. It's still a decent achivement. To win the division, you have to do the same thing Clemson did when they won the ACC all those times back in the day. Have the best record out of your group of teams during the regular season.

GO TIGERS

Who is saying we don't expect more?***

Nov 20, 2011, 2:28 PM [ in reply to Little leagues give a trophy to everyone ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

How many of those did Ford or Howard win? You think they

Nov 20, 2011, 3:05 PM [ in reply to Really? The ACC awarded us a trophy for the ]

would be as happy n excited over a DT as you and some others?

Re: How many of those did Ford or Howard win? You think they

Nov 20, 2011, 3:08 PM

old blue coot has got to be happy as a pig in mud. a little adversity brings the coots out of the coop.

momentum?***

Nov 20, 2011, 12:43 AM

problem is winning raises expectations***

Nov 20, 2011, 12:45 AM

Great, 'cept we got there from 8-0. It's sort of important

Nov 20, 2011, 2:05 AM

to win a game or two that matters in November

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Demon Deacon problems? There's an app for that too, and it ain't buggy like that yellowjacket repellant:

If we Play like Last night. Probably 9-4***

Nov 20, 2011, 5:59 AM

Nov 20, 2011, 7:05 AM

Dabo can't coach high tallent to the max. He lets focus lapse and can't get it back. We'll be 9-4 and playing in some December lame bowl.

Nov 20, 2011, 7:10 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

FYI: From the official ACC page...

Nov 20, 2011, 7:15 AM

The ACC has them broken into "Divisions".

(As Of November 20)
ATLANTIC DIVISION
School Conference Pct. Overall Pct.
Clemson 6-2 .750 9-2 .818
Florida State 5-3 .625 7-4 .636
Wake Forest 5-3 .625 6-5 .545
NC State 3-4 .429 6-5 .545
Boston College 2-5 .286 3-8 .273
Maryland 1-6 .143 2-9 .182
COASTAL DIVISION
School Conference Pct. Overall Pct.
Virginia Tech 6-1 .857 10-1 .909
Virginia 5-2 .714 8-3 .727
Georgia Tech 5-3 .625 8-3 .727
Miami 3-4 .429 6-5 .545
North Carolina 2-5 .286 6-5 .545
Duke 1-6 .143 3-8 .273

We got a trophy for it too.

Nov 20, 2011, 7:20 AM

Head Coach Dabo Swinney accepts the Atlantic Division trophy from ACC Associate Commissioner Michael.....

Its not bad, but why settle?***

Nov 20, 2011, 7:58 AM

Re: Its not bad, but why settle?***

Nov 20, 2011, 8:00 AM

Exactly ... 9-5 is a winning season also ... but who cares.

How you finish is more important than how you start....

Nov 20, 2011, 8:02 AM

if Dabo doesn't turn this team around, well lose the last 4 games of the season. I will NOT feel good about that. If you can you must not have any Gamecock neighbors!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

better than i expected, but.....

Nov 20, 2011, 8:05 AM

losing like they did yesterday is an embarrasment. i respected this team for not being quitters until i saw them throw the towell in at half-time.

they have a long way to go on both sides of the ball to get to the point we thought they were at 3 weeks ago.

What a joke....let's do 9-2 and lose the second NOT BY

Nov 20, 2011, 8:25 AM

a million points and in a way which shows this team's commitment to excellence. This game will haunt the psyche of this team just like the comebacks rolled their opponents.

There are very few fundamentals to rest on. This is a stretch goal. 9-4 unless the other team just fumbles it 3 times.

BOOOOO....what we are building?***

Nov 20, 2011, 8:25 AM

i'll just TD you for the pathetic loser attitude.

Nov 20, 2011, 3:10 PM

no explanation necessary. it's all been said

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic