Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Inconsistency is killing us - FB, BB,BB,Golf, Men's tennis
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Inconsistency is killing us - FB, BB,BB,Golf, Men's tennis

May 19, 2007, 10:22 PM

can't seem to pull the trigger when it counts - golf team today was probably worst of all - huge choke with so much talent !

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Golf (like FB) has talent, but they're freshmen.

May 19, 2007, 10:28 PM

3 of the 5 starters:

Kyle Stanley - True Fr
Sam Saunders - True Fr
Ben Martin - RS Fr

Give them another year and lets see what happens.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"they're freshmen" is a poor excuse in golf...

May 19, 2007, 10:39 PM

these guys have been playing tournament golf since they were kids.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hmm, lets take a closer look

May 20, 2007, 8:47 AM

UGA: 2 sr, 2 so, 1 fr
Fla: 2 jr, 2 so, 1 fr
Aub: 4 jr, 1 so
Coastal: 1 sr, 2 jr, 1 so, 1 fr

These are the top 3 in the regional plus Coastal. They have at max, 1 fr in their starting lineup.

Yes, all of these guys have been playing tourney golf since little kids, but there's still a huge jump from high school to college. An extra year or two in D1 DOES make a difference.

So, I stick by my "excuse" with so many frosh's in Clemson's lineup. Plus, Ben Martin (true fr), was recently cleared to play from heart problems. Being thrown straight into the lineup can be intimidating to say the least.

This sounds cootish, but if the team stays intact for the next couple of years, they'll be in the mix for a natl championship.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know that I'd call it a choke...

May 19, 2007, 10:44 PM

losing on the 4th playoff hole isn't the worse thing in the world. In baseball, you're going to have inconsistency when you're playing as many freshmen as Clemson is. There have been times (today was one) when there were 5 freshmen in the starting lineup. The good news is that JD, Addison, Wilson, and Alex Lee have all picked up their games recently, which bodes well for the post-season.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Inconsistency is killing us - FB, BB,BB,Golf, Men's tennis

May 19, 2007, 10:53 PM

I guess looking at it in a positive way is that Clemson has done something most schools athletic departments could ony dream of doing in one sports season and that's make the postseason in Football,Men's Basketball,Baseball(even though the bids to the regionals have'nt taken place as of yet I am going to count this one since it is a no brainer),Men's Soccer,Golf,Men's Tennis,Men's Cross Country,Men's Indoor and Outdoor Track and Field,Women's Rowing,Women's Soccer,Women's Swimming and Diving,Women's Tennis,Women's Cross Country and Women's Indoor and Outdoor Track and Field.The only sports Clemson did'nt make it to in the postseason was Men's Swimming and Diving,Women's Basketball and Women's Volleyball.I'd call it a fairly successful year for Clemson University.

Sounds good to me!***

May 19, 2007, 11:41 PM

NIT, Music City Bowl, not hosting regional.... NUFF SAID!***

May 19, 2007, 11:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Inconsistency is killing us - FB, BB,BB,Golf, Men's tennis ]

Have to agree. I'm solid orange, but this year has been a

May 19, 2007, 11:54 PM

downer. Football, basketball, and golf had late melt downs, and baseball has not lived up to preseason hype (still hope). If this year was so good, do a survey as to how many would take it again next year. Put me down as a NO!

Hey we might not have accomplished the ultimate goal...

May 19, 2007, 11:55 PM [ in reply to NIT, Music City Bowl, not hosting regional.... NUFF SAID!*** ]

in those main 3 major sports but atleast we did'nt go O'fer and not go to any postseason in those sports which would have made us both sick to our stomach.

Horry....not meaning to be smart ###, but I hope baseball

May 20, 2007, 12:01 AM

Tigers are not playing in a regional in your county. I think we would get great support, but it would be an insult. What do you think?

Re: Horry....not meaning to be smart ###, but I hope baseball

May 20, 2007, 12:16 AM

Considering Clemson's past tradition of hosting regionals you're probaly right but if Coastal does host a regional and Clemson is in it I would feel pretty good about our chances of advancing onward.

On the flip side... Florida is winning championships***

May 20, 2007, 12:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Inconsistency is killing us - FB, BB,BB,Golf, Men's tennis ]

Parity...***

May 19, 2007, 11:39 PM

Re: Inconsistency is killing us - FB, BB,BB,Golf, Men's tennis

May 20, 2007, 12:45 AM

All of the inconsistency sounds pretty consistent to me.

Choke, burnout, whatever is the M.O. lately.***

May 20, 2007, 8:08 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic