Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Perhaps we should take a moment to reflect on our regular
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 121
| visibility 1

Perhaps we should take a moment to reflect on our regular

Mar 9, 2015, 10:50 AM

season and put together a list of excuses as to why we weren't better than we should be. It might be helpful to CBB. I will get it started with a few I have seen on Tiger Board(s) over the last several weeks:

1. We were picked to finish last, so at least we're better than that
2. OP left in the middle of the night and CBB couldn't possibly recover in only 5 years
3. It's not fair that CBB should be expected to win after KJ left a year early
4. Our facilities suck
5. But at least CBB has won an NCAA Tournament Game
6. Our conference record since CBB has been the coach is the best in the history of Clemson. Ever
7. The other teams have more talent than us, which you can't blame on CBB in his 5th year because of numbers 2, 3, and 4 above

What else are we missing here, besides layups?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Perhaps we should take a moment to reflect on our regular

Mar 9, 2015, 10:52 AM

But CBB knows his Xs and Os

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Plus, CBB is not on the court missing 3-foot jumpers, making

Mar 9, 2015, 10:55 AM

lazy passes and allowing uncontested layups in transition...so it's not his fault.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Plus, CBB is not on the court missing 3-foot jumpers, making

Mar 9, 2015, 11:01 AM

But we have always sucked so it's ok

BB does not recruit shooters***

Mar 9, 2015, 11:03 AM [ in reply to Plus, CBB is not on the court missing 3-foot jumpers, making ]

5 years is much too short for a turnaround for the

Mar 9, 2015, 10:54 AM

best coach on campus

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Coach Wong takes offense***

Mar 9, 2015, 10:56 AM

if there's a better big toe on campus, i haven't seen it...***

Mar 9, 2015, 10:58 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

historically we have sucked...so we should not complain

Mar 9, 2015, 10:55 AM

that we continue to suck

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Additionally, the conference is even more harderer this year

Mar 9, 2015, 10:57 AM

than it was over all the years we have sucked, which makes sucking this year an even betterer achievement than in the past.

Exactly...NC was down during those OP years....

Mar 9, 2015, 10:58 AM

...they did win two national titles during those years...but they were down during that time so it made it easier on OP to win....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BB did not recruit shooters......

Mar 9, 2015, 11:02 AM

But now that his wife has pointed this out, he needs more time to bring in some shooters. Another 5 years should do it.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2015/03/05/college-scoring-struggles-may-start-on-recruiting-trail/

Hope we don't turn down the CBI (Coach Brownell Invitational) tournament this year.

Well that's about the least generous reading of that article

Mar 9, 2015, 11:12 AM

And how many times have we gone to the CBI since Brownell has been here?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well that's about the least generous reading of that article

Mar 9, 2015, 11:16 AM

shhhh dont confuse him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

How many times have we made the NCAA Tournament

Mar 9, 2015, 11:19 AM [ in reply to Well that's about the least generous reading of that article ]

since Brownell has been here? How does that compare to the number of seasons where we didn't make it to any tournament (NCAA, NIT, CBI)?

OP called CBI the "Coach Brownell Invitational"

Mar 9, 2015, 11:34 AM

That would make sense if we'd ever actually been to the CBI under Brownell, but we haven't. Your post is a red herring.

By the way, before this year we'd been to the NCAAs once and the NIT once in four seasons under Brownell. I still think last year's team should've been in the NCAAs. That's actually not bad relative to Clemson basketball, although of course I'd like the team to be in the NCAAs more regularly.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So going to the NCAA Tourney once in the last 5 years

Mar 9, 2015, 11:52 AM

is not bad? Also, we didn't just miss the NCAA Tourney this year, as of right now we are possibly not even in the NIT tournament.

Turned it down once, so............

Mar 9, 2015, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Well that's about the least generous reading of that article ]

We have been to the NCAA as many times as the CBI. Now if you include this year we will have been to the CBI more times than going to the NCAA under Brownell.

So how many times have we been to the CBI under Brownell?***

Mar 9, 2015, 11:35 AM

1***

Mar 9, 2015, 11:37 AM

Nope, Clemson has never been to the CBI

Mar 9, 2015, 11:46 AM

So does it make any sense to call the CBI the "Coach Brownell Invitiational" when we've never been to the CBI? I also can't find any proof that Clemson was ever even invited to the CBI.

Re: Nope, Clemson has never been to the CBI

Mar 9, 2015, 12:39 PM

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20120312/PC16/303129982

Mar 9, 2015, 12:41 PM

Where in that does it say we were invited?

null

Mar 9, 2015, 1:09 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/view/story.do?id=11516

Mar 9, 2015, 1:15 PM

That never flat out says we declined it and regardless you are still wrong.

You said we went. How can it be the Coach Brownell Invitational if we have never been?

Sorry that you were wrong.

null

How many times were we invited to the CBI before Brownell?***

Mar 9, 2015, 1:23 PM

Re: How many times were we invited to the CBI before Brownell?***

Mar 9, 2015, 1:27 PM

Now you are doing what is called deflection. You were wrong plain and simple. Accept this like a man and stop trying to make excuses.

null

OK that is easy

Mar 9, 2015, 1:44 PM

Brownell has under-achieved at Clemson. He has not done a good job with the basketball program.

Re: OK that is easy

Mar 9, 2015, 2:42 PM

Apparently it is not easy... Sign of immaturity. I am wrong constantly on this board and have no problem admitting it....

Here I will help you...

repeat after me...

"I champs8487
Zealot [806]
Joined 1 decade ago
TigerPulse: 82%
was in fact 100% wrong when I said Clemson has been to the CBI"

null

You're missing the bigger picture

Mar 9, 2015, 3:13 PM

Either we were invited and turned it down, or we weren't even invited to the CBI. Either way, the season is not a good resume builder.

OP cheated on his wife, that's why he left***

Mar 9, 2015, 3:29 PM

Thank You!!!!***

Mar 9, 2015, 3:31 PM [ in reply to You're missing the bigger picture ]

Re: Thank You!!!!***

Mar 9, 2015, 3:35 PM

You are still wrong HTH...

Lets try again "I champs8487
Zealot [806]
Joined 1 decade ago
TigerPulse: 82%
was 100% wrong about Clemson ever playing in the CBI"

null

Re: You're missing the bigger picture

Mar 9, 2015, 3:34 PM [ in reply to You're missing the bigger picture ]

Nope I 100% have the point. He said something that was 100% not true and is now too much of a coward to admit it after being called out on it.

Brownells performance has nothing to do with the current topic.

null

How long has it existed? Has it been around a decade yet?***

Mar 9, 2015, 5:22 PM [ in reply to How many times were we invited to the CBI before Brownell?*** ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait....because....I can clear this up.....

Mar 10, 2015, 11:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Nope, Clemson has never been to the CBI ]

The Coach Brownell Invitational is ONLY for coaches that excell at "X's & O's " not "W's & L's" and since CBB is by far, the best X & O coach in all of College Basketball then it makes perfect sense to name it after him. At least that what I heard, from.....somebody...somewhere...

Re: 1***

Mar 9, 2015, 11:52 AM [ in reply to 1*** ]

I am shocked /s

null

We're in a rural setting so kids don't like to come to

Mar 9, 2015, 11:03 AM

Clemson....

Clemson is now classified as SUBURBAN

Mar 9, 2015, 11:25 AM

yes, the economic engine of the Upstate is transforming the region .....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What? So Clemson is a suburb of

Mar 9, 2015, 11:31 AM

Walhalla?

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

According to Princeton Review ... Clemson is Suburban

Mar 10, 2015, 4:56 PM

Like a 'burb of Anderson ... one could say "exurbia" of Greenville ...

Now, Greenville ! I would showcase Greenville to recruits ... not too far away ... plus you can get beer there after 12 on Saturday Night !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the admin is secretly giving Dabo all the money and they

Mar 9, 2015, 11:04 AM

could care less about basketball

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Hmmm do I detect a theme today?***

Mar 9, 2015, 11:06 AM

I don't know about everyone else, but my theme right now

Mar 9, 2015, 11:09 AM

is that I don't think I've ever seen less of an effort from a Clemson team on the basketball court than I did in the 2nd half against ND. Everyone involved in that fiasco should be embarrassed.

would it really hurt the program if he quit? All joking

Mar 9, 2015, 11:10 AM

aside I don't know the answer....it might...but it might not....if he left at this point for another job it might be a blessing for Dan for that contract he gave him last year.

Yes, I think it would hurt a lot.

Mar 9, 2015, 11:13 AM

We need him to get us through the renovations to LJC, and hopefully by then he will have us in the NCAA's. If not, then we fire him and find someone else.

hopefully so....obviously not going to be fired so that

Mar 9, 2015, 11:18 AM

would be the best case scenario

How about Tanner Smith ?

Mar 9, 2015, 11:30 AM [ in reply to would it really hurt the program if he quit? All joking ]

Seems like a good guy, played for Clemson ... give the kid a chance ... heck, bet he does it for HALF the money ? (only half kidding)

PS
Tanner is now an assistant at Miss St

Free Tanner!***

Depaul will be in the market for a new coach soon, maybe

Mar 9, 2015, 5:34 PM [ in reply to would it really hurt the program if he quit? All joking ]

Brad can run off in the middle of the night too

That would be awesome!***

Mar 10, 2015, 8:14 AM

has anyone checked the rims? maybe op

Mar 9, 2015, 11:10 AM

tightened them on the way out the door?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

actually he turned them upside down on the way out

Mar 9, 2015, 11:11 AM

strangest thing....now they flex the other way...reason for all those clanks...

he's insidious.***

Mar 9, 2015, 11:14 AM

How did he make them that way for just our shooters?***

Mar 9, 2015, 11:14 AM

like at the beach, billy hoe, you have to adjust your shot

Mar 9, 2015, 11:16 AM

for the wind 6-8 inches left or right...

see also #7

Maybe XOXO's aren't the best approach...

Mar 9, 2015, 11:32 AM

We are dealing with an emoticon generation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

what if OP also stole their fizzy lifting drinks?

Mar 9, 2015, 11:41 AM

would that wipe the smiles off their faces?

Doubt OP knows his way around a weight room.

Mar 9, 2015, 11:47 AM

Fizzy lifting drinks should be safe.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Nobody picked us to finish last. We were picked 11th

and finished tied for 9th thru 11th.

http://www.si.com/college-basketball/2014/10/20/acc-basketball-conference-preview-duke-unc-louisville

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24745192/-15-college-basketball-conference-preview-acc

http://athlonsports.com/college-basketball/college-basketball-2014-15-acc-predictions-and-awards?ModPagespeed=noscript

We're the 8 seed in the ACC tournament

Mar 9, 2015, 11:39 AM

So I guess that means we finished better than expected. Still, ending the season the way we did makes the team seem worse than they actually were throughout the year. And if you just paid attention to the morons on tnet, you'd think we really did finish last in the ACC.

Syracuse helped a little with that***

Mar 9, 2015, 11:49 AM

i'd like to believe it was an apology for the denny's thang.***

Mar 9, 2015, 12:42 PM

Weren't we picked last at the ACC meetings by the people

Mar 10, 2015, 4:08 PM [ in reply to Nobody picked us to finish last. We were picked 11th ]

who cover the ACC?? I could be wrong.

RETIRE JACK!***

Mar 9, 2015, 11:53 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Actually he recruits shooters and lets them become poor

Mar 9, 2015, 12:26 PM

Shooters

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Take away losing to Winthrop and Gardner Webb, and I

Mar 9, 2015, 1:30 PM

Am not disappointed with this year. however those two losses just bother me..a lot

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Add losing to the Gamecocks to that list***

Mar 9, 2015, 1:44 PM

Those were the only two that bothered you?

Mar 9, 2015, 1:49 PM [ in reply to Take away losing to Winthrop and Gardner Webb, and I ]

Losing to Rutgers (10-21 and haven't won since January 11) at home, destroyed at South Carolina (15-15), at GT (12-18) and FSU (16-15) at home don't bother you?

given the expectations I had for this year (very low)

Mar 9, 2015, 1:54 PM

While I am certainly not happy we lost those games, it was not shocking. Winthrop and Gardner Webb just completely shot any chance this team had at the NCAA before the season really got started

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why should we have low expectations every year?

Mar 9, 2015, 2:05 PM

It wasn't that long ago when we made the NCAA Tourney for the 4th straight year. Why have expectations dropped considerably since then?

we should have higher expectations. However, we failed

Mar 9, 2015, 2:40 PM

to make NCAA last year and we lost our best player from that team Why would anyone expect us to be better this year?

I think Brad is a good basketball coach and I would rather give him a couple more years to figure this out than to let DRad hire somebody else.

Dan has a great track record of incredible hires in bball***

Mar 9, 2015, 3:52 PM

Correct answer.***

Mar 9, 2015, 3:53 PM [ in reply to we should have higher expectations. However, we failed ]

Can you do one for the Baseball team too?***

Mar 9, 2015, 1:37 PM

Too early***

Mar 9, 2015, 1:50 PM

Absolutely...End of the Season?***

Mar 9, 2015, 1:53 PM

Depends where this team goes from here I suppose

Mar 9, 2015, 2:03 PM

They can still have a good year. We'll let the results speak for themselves.

I'll remind you at the end of the season, no sense in

Mar 9, 2015, 2:09 PM

letting their results do the talking when the experts can do it for them

What are you even

Mar 9, 2015, 2:16 PM

insinuating? Are you trying to argue that CBB has gotten results that I'm ignoring in my criticism? Or that I would criticize Jack Leggett if this team performed well this year?

stop your whining... he's only had 5 years... and it's not

Mar 9, 2015, 2:17 PM

like we were 6-4 in the ACC at one point with a few OOC sig wins under our belt

I'm not insinuating anything...I asked if you could do a

Mar 9, 2015, 2:36 PM [ in reply to What are you even ]

Baseball review as well, at the end of the season...I don't follow Baseball and I'm curious

Why wouldn't you let the results do the talking?***

Mar 9, 2015, 3:29 PM [ in reply to I'll remind you at the end of the season, no sense in ]

Mar 9, 2015, 2:42 PM

1.Something something, students don't show up.

2. Something something, old folks sitting on their hands.

Clemson basketball just isn't fun anymore.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"...besides layups?".... +1, not that you need it.***

Mar 9, 2015, 3:47 PM

I've learned from this bored that you can't build a new LJ

Mar 9, 2015, 3:49 PM

without bricks. Our players just wanna contribute....

free throws

Mar 9, 2015, 4:03 PM

And 3 pointers

Mar 9, 2015, 5:29 PM

CBB is too busy reading offers from big time basketball programs to coach our team.

I think the next list you need to do is the list of

Mar 9, 2015, 5:45 PM

TNET-holes who think they're smarter than every coach Clemson has ever hired, with the possible...and I do mean, possible... and sole exception of Danny Ford.

You want to start us off there GWP? I'm sure that york and dsp will want to join you soon as well....

Beatchin and moaning. Is that all you all can do?

Gawd,; I get on here and feel like I'm talking to an ex-wife or something.... lol.

This post def in my 25 alltime worst reads on TNet. RA'd.

Mar 10, 2015, 8:27 AM

Any potential recruit reading this shamble will likely immediately switch any consideration of playing basketball at Clemson to Wofford or S.C. State.

Whoever gave you a thumbs up for your post should also go away & not come back til football season.

"Just wait till (insert player) gets here

Mar 10, 2015, 11:01 AM

1st it was Bernard Sullivan. Then it was Blossomgame. Now it's Avry Holmes and Ty Hudson.

Brad Brownell is a Good Christian Man***

Mar 10, 2015, 11:16 AM

Re: Brad Brownell is a Good Christian Man***

Mar 10, 2015, 12:47 PM

Also, the best dayum X & O coach in America.....don't forget that. I think he has that trademark protected,

This conversation is an embarrassment.

Mar 10, 2015, 1:32 PM

Our fans are among the worst when it comes to basketball. Most only support the team when we are winning, complain when we aren't, but refuse to put the money into basketball necessary to put our team on a level playing field with the rest of the ACC.

As I've said before, our fear of spending more on basketball and harming football as a result is why we have the results we do in basketball.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

It's a pity I can only TU once...Our fans ARE the worst. I

Mar 10, 2015, 1:37 PM

imagine the loudest whiners don't even go to the games

OK smart-arse, I'll give you some comments

Mar 10, 2015, 2:53 PM

1) what "should we be". Maybe read Plyer's column to understand Clemson is anything but a successful basketball program - EVER. What do you see as reasonable? Top 3, top 5, top 7 every year. Give me a number and not some mambi-pambi BS.
2) What basketball programs in this conference do you think we should be better than year after year?
3) HS basketball in SC stinks (for boys), which makes recruiting more difficult. BB will not go the AAU route as he plainly states he will not cheat (yes, that means he is saying the AAU is very dirty and under-handed).
4) He has lost two outstanding assistant coaches to go on to be HC at other schools. How many programs in the country have lost two top assistants in four years? What does that say about BB as a HC that people want his assistants?
5) Our facilities do suck; couple that with #1 and #3 and it makes a difference.
6) This conference is outstanding. If we played in the SEC, we would win many more games.
7) Geography plays a role. Name a great program south of NC. Florida is a marginal great program but I would not put them anywhere close to Duke or UNC or KY.
8) While I liked OP, everyone acts like he is a savior. Last I checked, he has not won more than 13 games in any year at DePaul. This is a school with more HS basketball talent within 30 miles of their campus than Clemson does in the entire state. Maybe Shaka was the real reason and he turned down NCSU so please, don't act like he or any other great coach would come here. It is NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.
9) Since you obviously have a great basketball mind, who replaces BB? I'm thinking Coach K or Bill Self, heck we may even be able to get Dean Smith to resurrect our program after he returns from the grave.

My Criteria: I want a solid to very good HC who can make us competitive day in and day out, make us proud of the type of program we run, graduate players, have a few really good years that we have a chance to make the NCAA tourney and love being the Head Basketball Coach at Clemson.

your turn.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You took a good amount of time responding to my post

Mar 10, 2015, 3:38 PM

so since it is my turn I will address your comments in order:

1) I am aware of our history or lack thereof. We should be contending for a spot in the NCAA Tournament every year, not scratching and clawing for an invite to the NIT.
2) Every year - GT, VT, BC, Wake, FSU, Miami, and NCSU. A majority of years - Pitt and Syracuse.
3) There are plenty of clean AAU programs. There is also enough talent to recruit in bordering states, and beyond. OP didn't have trouble recruiting enough talent to compete.
4) I agree, and I should've added that to my list of excuses. I give up on your question as to how many programs in the country have lost two top assistants in four years...how many? However, I think it speaks more about the actual assistants than CBB.
5) Our facilities are getting upgraded, so can we expect that to fix our problems and we will be in the NCAA Tourney within 2 years?
6) This sounds like the coots' argument about us in football. OP took us to the ACC Finals and the NCAA Tourney 3 years in a row from our conference. CBB did it in his first year from our conference. Our great conference is given a lot of weighting with tournament selection, so we don't have to be the top team or even the top 4 or 5 most years.
7) It's convenient that you eliminate the state of NC. Open it up to the entire southeast and your argument is shot. However, there are numerous programs south of NC that are far better than ours.
8) I have never said we could get a great coach.
9) I have already provided a list of coaches who I think would do well here.

My Criteria: I want a solid to very good HC who can make us competitive day in and day out, make us proud of the type of program we run, graduate players, have a few really good years where we are a lock for the tournament and love being the Head Basketball Coach at Clemson. Setting the standard of having "a chance to make the NCAA tourney" in some years should not be acceptable.

your turn.

HS Basketball in this state is on the rise

Mar 10, 2015, 4:09 PM

SC produced 3 Top 150 players and 2 McDonalds AA this year alone in Jawun Evans (Oklahoma State), PJ Dozier (Cooterville) and Tevin Mack (VCU). All of whom Brownell tried to recruit. 2016 has two more Top 150 players in Seventh Woods and Jordan Bruner. All seen all of these kids play, and I'm telling there's no way they're gonna play for a team that ranks 285/335 nationally in scoring offense.

If, unlike most of TigerNet, they are able to see things in a positive light

Mar 10, 2015, 4:15 PM

They would see it as a great opportunity to be "the man" and score a lot of points on a team with no other superstar offensive players.

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: If, unlike most of TigerNet, they are able to see things in a positive light

Mar 10, 2015, 4:29 PM

You do realize that Jordan Roper led Irmo to an undefeated 4A state title season and scored over 20ppg. Patrick Rooks and Gabe Devoe BOTH were two of the most prolific shooters in NC basketball history before they came to Clemson and got grounded by Brownell's defense 1st, 2nd and 3rd philosophy. Recruits see that, and they back off their interest in us. Whether we like it or not, this generation if kids will not buy in to play that style of basketball.

Come on, you can't be serious.

Mar 10, 2015, 4:39 PM

Guys like Roper and Rooks were not nearly as highly ranked as a guy like Seventh Woods, and are not viewed as competition by someone like him.

If you are suggesting that Brownell somehow hampered their offensive skills, and recruits actually fear that he would do the same to them, there is no point continuing this discussion.

Re: Come on, you can't be serious.

Mar 10, 2015, 4:50 PM

I'm dead serious. Everybody talks about shooters, which we desperately need. Brownell brings in two shooters and fails to use them. Anybody that saw them play knew they had defensive shortcomings in HS. But, they WERE outstanding shooters. So Brownell knew exactly what he was getting before he offered them a Schiller. No use in punishing kids for not doing what he knew they couldn't do from day one.

schollie not Schiller lol

Mar 10, 2015, 4:51 PM

Auto text

How'd that work out for the last 2 McD's AAs that came to

Mar 10, 2015, 4:41 PM [ in reply to If, unlike most of TigerNet, they are able to see things in a positive light ]

Clemson?

Re: How'd that work out for the last 2 McD's AAs that came to

Mar 10, 2015, 4:43 PM

One of those McDonalds AA spent 3 years on Brownell's watch, so you tell me.

You think his offense suffered because he played under Brad?

Mar 10, 2015, 4:50 PM

Do you feel like he would have been better under OP?

Re: You think his offense suffered because he played under Brad?

Mar 10, 2015, 4:54 PM

Yes. With BB's rationale Terrance Oglesby would've never touched the floor because he was a defensive liability.

You're delusional

Mar 10, 2015, 4:29 PM [ in reply to You took a good amount of time responding to my post ]

your turn

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

maybe you'd like more time?***

Mar 10, 2015, 4:32 PM

No

Mar 10, 2015, 6:58 PM

you've wasted enough of it already. we will never agree and I have better things to do than post with people who think our basketball program should be in the NCAA's 2 out of 3 years. Just astonishing frankly.

I hope you all get what you want and BB is fired, perhaps before tomorrow's game. Then we can go get another coach, one we really and truly deserve.

waste your time? i didn't invite you. you took it upon

Mar 10, 2015, 7:46 PM

yourself & in fact appeared anxious to set the smart-arse straight? it's not my fault you were incapable of doing so; that is your shortcoming alone - no one else's.

honestly, it appears you were simply in over your head & when you realized it, you tapped out by calling gwp delusional.

it's ok @sbrooks, it happens; maybe next time you won't allow emotion to cloud your mind?

My points remain valid

Mar 10, 2015, 9:00 PM

the fact that you are incapable of understanding them speaks more to you than me.

I find it fascinating (to a degree) that you claim I am being emotional. It's both comical and pathetic but I think you are probably a guru at both.

first, I made no mention of your points, their validity

Mar 11, 2015, 8:29 AM

or other, but since you broach the subject & though i do understand them, there’s nothing in that contract that says i must agree with one, any or all. my part in this play began when i asked if you’d like more time in answering GWP after you’d called him delusional. until that point, save your smart-arse comment, some ALL CAPS & the mambi-pambi BS, things seemed mostly above board. still & i’m sure i was not alone, it appeared you more than a bit anxious and/or miffed for all those things mentioned.

with that said, “You’re delusional” was just a bit outside of rational & if not rational, then irrational and thereby more than likely emotionally charged. you quit. you tapped out. it got hard, you went belly up, dropped any pretense then did what many do when they’ve nothing left. that’s ok; it happens. you came in amped up, hard charging, shot your wad & expected that to carry the day? it did not. GWP accepted, responding to you in turn, then at that point it would appear you'd lost your verve & with your sugar rush spent you packed your tent, pizzed your campfire & headed for the warm confines of home; you’d had enough – enter, “you’re delusional”. golf clap.

if you’d like to argue it wasn’t emotionally driven, so be it, but not only does it seem the most glaring & probable of the possibilities, it also seemed the least “invasive”. if you choose more “coarse” explanations for your limitations, no worries, i’m fine with those too. truthfully, the more you struggle the more those other explanations seem likely & more than merely contributory.

in any event & again, no one wasted your time save you & your kit bag of shortcomings – if not emotion, then it’s yours to decide the reasons, or not, which is a perfectly good option as well and one you might have exercised before you got involved then showed your ####. maybe you simply have no heart & of the two of you, GWP is the one that truly believes in what he “penned”?

as for me being a guru, you’re much too kind, although i have seen enough of the comical & pathetic to readily recognize both.

good news though, gwp has maintained the higher ground and is willing to give you another go. maybe this time you can keep it between the lines?

well @sbrooks, enjoy your day; i certainly hope it goes better for you than your “limited” part in this. i shudder to imagine it could go any worse.

Before I take my next turn, can you copy/paste the

Mar 10, 2015, 9:20 PM [ in reply to You're delusional ]

delusional part? TIA

I think it's a safe bet that he doesn't know the definition

Mar 10, 2015, 9:44 PM

of "delusional".

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: I think it's a safe bet that he doesn't know the definition

Mar 10, 2015, 10:11 PM

This is much better to follow than BYU- Gonzaga which is currently setting basketball back 100 years with their version of a game we kinda suck at.

I think! Or do we ? Anyway, post on boys

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, because we sucked in the past, its ok to still suck?

Mar 10, 2015, 4:13 PM [ in reply to OK smart-arse, I'll give you some comments ]

Not EVEN!! Our coach gets paid a lot of money to win games and make it to the NCAA Tourney. He's failed miserably at that. Time for him to go.

Obviously, Clemson is not Dook or UNCheat. We cannot expect to make Final Fours year in and year out. But we should be able to expect to make the NCAA tourney 2 out of 3 years and make it to the Sweet 16 once every four years or so. Our Ath Dept spends enough on basketball and we are in the best conference in America, those should be realistic goals.

Hire GWP? LbB as an asst coach?

Mar 10, 2015, 4:44 PM

Bawb as ball boy?

Is the team masseur position still available?

Mar 10, 2015, 10:25 PM

Asking for a friend.

That depends

Mar 11, 2015, 7:19 AM

Is your friend a chick with large tracts of land? If so, then yes.

If not, then still yes

I see what you tried to slip in at the bottom.

Mar 11, 2015, 8:16 AM

No Baptist.

Mar 11, 2015, 7:32 AM

No White players on the team. All good teams have at least one White guy on the team.

Oh no I didn't.

Dang - I'm the ONLY guy that notices that. Sorry 'bout dat. Just deal with it.

Replies: 121
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic