Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A few facts for the keep Brad crowd
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 65
| visibility 1

A few facts for the keep Brad crowd

Mar 4, 2015, 11:51 AM

NCAA Tournament appearances: 1

Other notable accomplishments while at Clemson: 0

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Is that the good news, or the bad news.

Mar 4, 2015, 11:54 AM

TIA

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

depends which "crowd" you're in I suppose

Mar 4, 2015, 11:58 AM

But no Clemson fan should find that to be good news IMO

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: A few facts for the keep Brad crowd

Mar 4, 2015, 11:56 AM

it is only a matter of time before all the internet abuse causes him to flip his lid.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 4, 2015, 12:04 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=16944495

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

does this mean charlie doesn't get the life time supply

Mar 4, 2015, 12:06 PM

of chocolate?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think CBB will be able to recruit well enough to

Mar 4, 2015, 12:08 PM

win consistently here, but there's no reason for you to call him an oompa loompa...that's uncalled for

and? i'm still looking for the, "so shines a good deed in a

Mar 4, 2015, 12:10 PM

weary world" moment in your original post.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

perhaps you should read it again...it's there***

Mar 4, 2015, 12:12 PM

ok, read, reread then rereread[some newb] then turned

Mar 4, 2015, 12:22 PM

photo 1c5eddc4-b18d-4b7a-95c5-f75480d71554_zpsjczkfgpz.jpg

upside down, shakin' not stirred and still nothing.

Re: I don't think CBB will be able to recruit well enough to

Mar 4, 2015, 12:12 PM [ in reply to I don't think CBB will be able to recruit well enough to ]

these umpla loompas, can they shoot free throws?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're asking the wrong guy...

Mar 4, 2015, 12:13 PM

hey @cutigerbob can you shoot free throws?

Re: You're asking the wrong guy...

Mar 4, 2015, 12:16 PM

You have to put one of those on for him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Put an * beside that appearance

Mar 4, 2015, 12:12 PM

He did it with OPs players

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He still made it, and won a game while there***

What has he done with his players?

Mar 4, 2015, 12:15 PM

Germans...

Mar 4, 2015, 12:16 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=16952172

NCAA Tournament appearances: 1

Other notable accomplishments while at Clemson: 0

and thats my point

Mar 4, 2015, 12:19 PM

actually it appears you took that from gwp

Mar 4, 2015, 12:25 PM

without awarding proper citation, which is no bueno & might necessitate an angry letter from his attorney?

I would say the majority of Tiger fans

Mar 4, 2015, 12:29 PM

Feel the same way he and I do. Its a collective thought, not just his.

Re: I would say the majority of Tiger fans

Mar 4, 2015, 12:30 PM

look at this guy being all serious.

null

with that attitude you'll both end up in court and

Mar 4, 2015, 12:31 PM [ in reply to I would say the majority of Tiger fans ]

no juan, but the attorneys will win there.

Dude your humor just isnt funny

Mar 4, 2015, 12:33 PM

Sorry

sorry, i dumb it down for the stoopid juans

Mar 4, 2015, 12:34 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/view/profile.do?userID=91975

like that guy.

Re: sorry, i dumb it down for the stoopid juans

Mar 4, 2015, 12:37 PM

poor poor NAT

null

he has a bit of a malfliction...

Mar 4, 2015, 12:40 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=16952385#16952385

at what point do you stop?

more proof of this tool injecting himself

Mar 4, 2015, 12:42 PM [ in reply to Re: sorry, i dumb it down for the stoopid juans ]

Where hes not wanted when it pertains to me.

Re: more proof of this tool injecting himself

Mar 4, 2015, 12:49 PM

Oh there is definitely a tool in this thread but I have taken a vow of niceness so I will not call them out by name.

null

is this day 2?

Mar 4, 2015, 12:50 PM

have the shakes set in?

;)

Re: is this day 2?

Mar 4, 2015, 12:53 PM

Yes but I havent decided if it is being caused by the stupidity of some people or the lack of coffee.

null

Could be both?***

Mar 4, 2015, 12:56 PM

^^^ a lot of bob in this.***

Mar 4, 2015, 12:56 PM

careful dood, that's dangerously close to the edge...

Mar 4, 2015, 12:56 PM [ in reply to Re: is this day 2? ]

decaf & stay skrong den

I disagree. His humor is funny.***

Mar 4, 2015, 12:45 PM [ in reply to Dude your humor just isnt funny ]

Cool story bro

Mar 4, 2015, 12:46 PM

he made the play-in game, and lost once making the 64

Mar 5, 2015, 10:57 AM [ in reply to He still made it, and won a game while there*** ]

team field, the real big dance.

At least he won that game, OP couldn't do it with

Mar 5, 2015, 10:00 AM [ in reply to Put an * beside that appearance ]

his own players.

graph.jpg(24.6 K)

Here's a graph to help further illustrate this.

so brad & lbu peak early...

shouldn't there be a pill for that?

We did win a game in the tournament, too

And our ACC record has been historically good under Brownell.

It's also true that Clemson basketball has almost never had any "notable accomplishments," so you've got to kind of adjust what counts as "notable." For instance, had we won yesterday, we Brownell would've been the first Clemson coach to have 4 seasons of .500 or over in ACC play. That indicates your program's not very good, but it's notable and it can still happen if we beat Notre Dame somehow.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Come on cam, is our goal to just be above .500 every year?

Mar 4, 2015, 12:48 PM

If so, then by all means...carry on CBB and Clemson AD! But the fact remains that while he is going for 4 seasons above .500 in the ACC, his greatest accomplishment since his first season is a single NIT run. Furthermore, this year if he accomplishes the feat of being above .500 it might get us back to the NIT.

Are you satisfied with those results?

Message was edited by: GWPTiger®

I think Coach B might need to seriously look at

Mar 4, 2015, 12:20 PM

bringing in a creative offensive coordinator. It worked well for Dabo.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 4, 2015, 12:35 PM

Clemson basketball history:

Notable accomplishments: 0

You don't consider Sweet 16 appearances notable?***

Mar 4, 2015, 12:43 PM

Re: You don't consider Sweet 16 appearances notable?***

Mar 4, 2015, 12:51 PM

In the same sense that a Capital One bowl is notable, sure. Three sweet 16s in our entire history isn't really good when you want to talk about notable accomplishments.

If CBB made a run to the Sweet 16, I'd be all for him

Mar 4, 2015, 12:55 PM

staying here. I would consider that to be a notable accomplishment.

Maybe that should be: Notable accomplishments - 0.25

Mar 5, 2015, 10:59 AM [ in reply to Re: A few facts for the keep Brad crowd ]

we have made the sweet 16 a few times, Elite 8 once, played for ACC tourney title once (under OP), won the ACC reg season title (under Ellis).

Nothing under Brad Brownell though.

who do you want?

Mar 4, 2015, 12:38 PM

Or more importantly who would come at this time?

At this time? Nobody would come here mid-season.

Mar 4, 2015, 12:59 PM

I don't think anyone would be too excited about coming in after this season either considering our home game situation next season. But if CBB doesn't get to the NCAA tourney next year, then I think the list I already posted down the board would be a good place to start.

But I really hope I have the chance to post a year from now saying I was wrong.

Re: who do you want? Tommy Amaker

Mar 5, 2015, 9:57 AM [ in reply to who do you want? ]

Harvard coach. An African-American coach would help with recruiting. And Tommy can also actually coach.

Here's a fact for you. None of us have any say so.***

Mar 5, 2015, 9:03 AM

say so in what?***

Mar 5, 2015, 9:05 AM

Re: say so in what?***

Mar 5, 2015, 9:07 AM

Who Crump sends on vacation

null

i apparently have a lot of say so in that; crump's asked me

Mar 5, 2015, 9:09 AM

directly many times in the past for my thoughts on my next vacation & how soon i'd like it to happen.

Does getting a tmale that reads

Mar 5, 2015, 9:12 AM

"Do you juant to be the first on Vaca" count as being asked if you want to spend time in Jamaica?

If so I have some say so too!!

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

yes. it appears crump is pro choice.***

Mar 5, 2015, 9:13 AM

I have a lot of Say

Mar 5, 2015, 9:07 AM [ in reply to say so in what?*** ]

so...........

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

me too.***

Mar 5, 2015, 9:10 AM

Mar 5, 2015, 9:28 AM

You forgot to put that he has the same birthday as me though, just a few years apart.

Mar 5, 2015, 10:04 AM

He seems to be a great coach not a great recruiter or evaluator of talent. Clemson has to have both to win.

Mar 5, 2015, 10:38 AM

Oliver Purnell NCAA tournament wins-0

Brad Brownell-1

And really, that NCAA tourney appearance should be credited

Mar 5, 2015, 10:56 AM

to Purnell, it was entirely his team and his players that went there. And even then, we got stuck in a play-in game. How lowly is that. Couldnt even make the field of 64 without going through a play-in game.

Re: And really, that NCAA tourney appearance should be credited

Mar 5, 2015, 11:05 AM

lol still trying to keep this little charade going I see.

null

come on, even if i hated brad, which i don't, i'd have to

Mar 5, 2015, 11:06 AM [ in reply to And really, that NCAA tourney appearance should be credited ]

give him props for hitting the ground running "late in the game", then getting stitt & those guys to buy into a significant change in philosophy.

in the same light as those that attempt to lesson what op did while at clemson, why try to lesson a job well done by coach b very early in a difficult transition?

what's happened since and going into year 6 seems of greater concern and where the questions begin.

Brownell took a team w/ only 9 scholarship players on

Mar 5, 2015, 11:16 AM [ in reply to And really, that NCAA tourney appearance should be credited ]

the roster to the dance that season. OP doesn't come close with the style of ball he ran. The continued discredit for that accomplishment is stale and misinformed.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The "appearance" in the NCAA

Mar 5, 2015, 11:25 AM

really wasn't one. It was a play-in game that we lost.

Replies: 65
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic