Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Death Valley from the other side
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

Death Valley from the other side

Nov 4, 2010, 4:19 PM

This weekend I am travelling to Clemson from Raleigh as I have done many times over the past three years and many years prior to that. I am a junior at NCSU and for the first time, I will be seeing what Death Valley is like from an opposing stand point. I have been a Clemson fan for almost a decade now, which I know is hardly anything compared to most fans that are on this site, but this is the first time I have decided to pull against the Tigers. You may say I am a bandwagon fan, for both Clemson and the Pack, but everyone on this board from what I can see are bandwagon fans asking for Dabo to leave. I always dreamt of attending Clemson, but when the finances werent there to pay for out of state, I was stuck at NC State. Finally in my third year I feel like it is MY school.

Throughout my tenure as a Clemson fan, I have always acted with class towards opposing visitors and have seen how gracious Clemson nation is towards visiting teams. This weekend though, I will experience this from the visiting side, wearing red to the game on Saturday. I expect nothing less than grateful hosts for me and my buddy who has never been to Clemson, nontheless Death Valley. He has been to games at UNC and NCSU, but being a lifelong Clemson fan, I have been talking the experience up this weekend. I know it has been a long year for the Clemson faithful and I have felt the pain as well, but there is hope for some kind of recovery, a bowl victory, and an early start to next year. But for once, I hope that comes next weekend. I cannot wait to share the experience that hundreds of thousands of visiting fans have already experienced before me.

I love Clemson, the University, and the athletics program, but they have taken a backseat and I believe it has finally showed me how special all of them are. Being on the outside looking in, Clemson is a BIG deal. Everyone sees Clemson as a top notch, great football program. If only some of the downers on the board could take a step back, they would see the exact same thing I have. I know there have been struggles this year, and since '91, but there are dozens of school in FBS that wish they HAD something like Clemson. It is everything a college football fan could ask for: great tailgating, great atmosphere, great stadium, great fans, and most importantly, a great school. I cannot tell you how many of my friends that attend State had Clemson as their top priority when it came to schools. They wanted a dream, like I did, that many of you had and are complaining about. Knowing that State is not as dominate as Clemson in football over its history, its fans have come to accept it, and if you ask most people, they enjoy the game, win or lose. Yes it hurts when there is a loss, but you are forgetting that it is just a game, and it is for entertainment, and if you are really letting it bother you, I suggest another hobby.

But I cannot wait for this weekend to see the Valley with a pair of red glasses on. I hope it is everything I have ever heard opposing fans talk about, and my vision of Clemson is not tarnished by some of the people I see posting on this board everyday. Win or lose, I am going to enjoy the game on Saturday, pulling for the Pack.

GO PACK!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Go Pack

Nov 4, 2010, 4:34 PM

your cooler and show your friends a proper tailgate!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Step one will be to not talk so #### much.

Nov 4, 2010, 4:36 PM

Enjoy the game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Death Valley from the other side

Nov 4, 2010, 4:35 PM

More power to you man. I'm from NC too, and I was lucky enough to be able to pay the out of state to come to Clemson, but I know what you mean. I was always a UNC fan growing up, but the first day here at Clemson had me sold. I'm glad you feel at home now, and I hope you enjoy the game Saturday, although I'm pulling for a different outcome.

I have some friends from State coming down, so I hope the experience is as great for them as it has been for me.

Speaking of tailgating, Clemson fans have that one on lockdown. My dad came to a game (App State fan) and immediately went home and bought a satellite and a generator. I went to the App game with him this weekend, and the TV setup was the talk of the tailgates at App. Around here, it's commonplace. Not to mention the food. The student tailgate the guys on my hall and I put together puts most top notch tailgates at other schools to shame. The only place that was even close that I've been this year was Auburn, they have some fun as well.

Message was edited by: hrigsby®

GO TIGERS! sack da pack***

Nov 4, 2010, 4:39 PM

Man down! Man down!

Nov 4, 2010, 4:42 PM

Interesting perspective. Enjoy the game, Wolfie!

null

I wonder how long into the game before you revert to your

Nov 4, 2010, 5:02 PM

roots and start yelling for the Tigers to beat the Pack.

Its gonna be tough

Nov 4, 2010, 5:30 PM

This is my fifth Clemson-State game. I pulled for Clemson last year in Carter Finley from the second row in the student section.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Then why'd you get dumber? :)***

Nov 4, 2010, 6:17 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

http://www.cutigers.com/2009/football/virginia/slides/_KWB7614a.jpg

Uh, isn't it obvious ... he goes to NC State.***

Nov 5, 2010, 1:48 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've made that trip 7 times...

Nov 4, 2010, 5:44 PM

I too once lived in Raleigh, but it was after graduating twice from Clemson. Those 4 - 5 hour drives sucked pretty badly on Sundays after the games (hangovers). It seemed like the drive from Raleigh to Clemson wasn't nearly as bad. I hope you have a great tailgating experience this weekend, but I hope the game is a huge letdown for you. I guess it all depends on which Clemson team shows up. Too bad Ellington is out, but it just seems to me that this is the type of game where Clemson usually "makes up" for the disaster the week before. It's too little too late, but it seems like that's the norm for the Tigers and their fans these days. Every season is like a freakin' roller coaster ride. My god it's frustrating. I'm sticking with the Tigers, though. I just can't seem to pry myself away.

But would you be pulling for NCSU if the roles were reversed

Nov 4, 2010, 6:23 PM

and Clemson had to win to go to the championship?

Whatever floats your boat duuuuuuude!***

Nov 4, 2010, 6:27 PM

Re: Thank You Orange now RED PACK FAN for insight. Welcome!

Nov 4, 2010, 6:37 PM

Your insight into what we're doing in trashing our team, coaches and school was very sobering.

So glad you're getting a great education at State...a school that many of us Tigers respect due to their textile background, being against the Heels too, and fighting us in football down to the wire almost every year.

Welcome to Death Valley! Enjoy yourself and know your friend will be proud of your childhood college choice and will be treated as you treated others...with respect and maybe a cold drink and some fried chicken.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More power to you man.

Nov 5, 2010, 2:02 AM

I couldn't go from Clemson to any other school. Clemson is too special to put on the back burner and pull for a team like NC State.

GO TIGERS!

Blah blah blah.......waste of a thread thanks man***

Nov 5, 2010, 7:42 AM

With all due respect...

Nov 5, 2010, 8:43 AM

You're starting to feel that NC State is 'your' school and you will be rooting against Clemson in the one season that NC State is competing for the ACC title and Clemson is not?

Your fanhood is your prerogative and I don't mean to offend you, but that sounds awfully fair-weather.

2010_donor_pickem.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am glad you are wearing red. Its very evident that

Nov 5, 2010, 8:48 AM

you didn't need to be wearing orange.

The next step for you is to go to grad school at UNC or ECU and start pulling for them.

He will come back next year

Nov 5, 2010, 9:01 AM

When Clemson is ahead of NCSU in the division, and say, I am a senior at NC State, and I will proudly be wearing my orange tomorrow. He says some of you will call it bandwagon, well, at least he got that part right.

Thanks for the link 02. Says it all.***

Nov 5, 2010, 9:16 AM

Please stick with the Pack

Nov 5, 2010, 8:59 AM

I am sorry, but you are not a true Clemson fan. I understand you not being able to attend, but someone who's blood truly runs orange never roots against us. If you had no choice but to go to NC State, and have decided to root for the Pack, then stick with them, for good. When they come into a game in a few years 4-3, and Clemson is 6-1, please do not root for Clemson. It's only one or the other. I find it odd that you rooted for Clemson last year when they were about to win the Atlantic, but when NC State comes into the game controlling their own destiny, you choose the Pack. Sorry, but that is bandwagon, no other way about it. Please, just stick with the Pack from now on. Do not make a post this time next year about how you are going to be the only Clemson fan in the NC State section.

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=8291609

Nov 5, 2010, 9:13 AM

Blah Blah Blah...everyone's responses are so childish. Have fun at the game. It will be a blast. You wanted to go to Clemson...but had to go to State due to finances. Sorry to hear about that but I'm glad you are starting to feel like you can relate/belong to your school. It feels great when you become part of a university. Get that diploma. A lot of people don't even have a chance to go to college. I was fortunate to go to Clemson after my grandad and my dad...my brother after me. So show your friend a good tailgate and have a great time. I'll be rooting against you but we'll shake hands in the end and plan on doing it again next year. And when the Tigers are on the road at State, I'll plan on you showing me a good tailgate and football experience as well. Best of luck! Go Tigers!

Calling someone out is not "childish"

Nov 5, 2010, 9:26 AM

He came on here last year, when Clemson was about to win the Atlantic, talking about being the only Clemson fan in the NC State section.

This year, Clemson is down, NC State controls their destiny, and he all of a sudden is going to root for the Pack.

I would not have a problem if he came on here and said, I am a wolfpack fan now, because that's where I had to go to school, I root for Clemson, except when they play the Pack, because I grew up a Clemson fan. But DO NOT come on here two years in a row and "choose" which team to root for, based on which one has a best shot at the division. He is bandwagon, and I will call him out from here on out if I see him making a post that suggests rooting for Clemson when things are going well.

As a Alum of Clemson....

Nov 5, 2010, 10:25 AM

...I'd suggest you trade in any orange in your closet for Wuffpuppy red. Sadly, from your post it sounds as though if Clemson were 8-0 right now you'd show up to the game with orange on. Alas, we are 4-4 therefore you will be in red. It is very hard to respect a person who doesn't have a backbone to take a stand in life. Clemson doesn't need you as a "fan" when times are good. Trust me, Clemson fans will have more respect for you if trade in your orange for red permanently. Thanks for your support in the past. I think it is time for you to move on. Cheer hard for your Wulfpuppies. I hope you enjoy your time as Clemson this weekend...that is except for the score.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

p.s.

Nov 5, 2010, 10:34 AM

I just read what you wrote this time last year. I quote you:

I have been to one NCSU-Clemson game, and after the whooping we put onto them on the Thursday night in '05, most of the fans became quiet, leaving the door open to all the tiger fans. It seemed like a home game the way tiger fans acted that night. Myself, a student at State, will be front row in the student section, decked in all orange taking all the hits from probably some of the obnoxious and worst students/fans in the country. I could not care any less, I get to see my Tigers play one more time this year.

That is just pathetic. It confirms what most have concluded about you. How do you sleep with yourself at night?

You people really are a bunch of petty babies

Nov 5, 2010, 10:38 AM [ in reply to As a Alum of Clemson.... ]

This guy offers up a pretty honest, heartfelt post about Clemson and what a special place it is -- and makes it clear that the only reason he didn't go is because of money and now, after 3 years as an undergrad at his current alma mater, he feels like he's found a new home. Good grief, people. He's even a paying member of Tigernet!

clemsonrulez, have a great time this weekend. I enjoyed your post, and I hope you're treated as you've treated others in the past.

Go Tigers!

^^^ Easily fooled by politicians ^^^^

Nov 5, 2010, 10:43 AM

;)

^^^^^says guy with "ClemBert" cartoon icon^^^^^^***

Nov 5, 2010, 10:44 AM

haven't seen you on here in a LONG time

Nov 5, 2010, 10:45 AM [ in reply to ^^^ Easily fooled by politicians ^^^^ ]

remember that tractor you had on the sig for a while.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here ya go.....

Nov 5, 2010, 11:07 AM

JimmyDog passed away in 2008. Thought it was time to change the pic.

sorry to hear you lost your dog

Nov 5, 2010, 11:08 AM

I bet JimmyDog was part of the family.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here ya go.....

Nov 6, 2010, 11:40 AM [ in reply to Here ya go..... ]

That is a SICK John Deer. Hats off for that one...

Beautiful dog. Nice pic.***

Nov 6, 2010, 11:45 AM [ in reply to Here ya go..... ]

Is it not obvious?

Nov 5, 2010, 11:00 AM [ in reply to You people really are a bunch of petty babies ]

The guy came on here last year, when Clemson was on the verge of winning the Atlantic, and he was an NCSU student last year, too, and said that he would be decked out in orange at Carter Finley.

This year, Clemson is all but mathematically eliminated from winning the division. The puppies (who, by the way, have never won an ACC title in my life), control their own destiny at the moment, it's one year later, he's still an NCSU student, and he says he's going to be sporting his Wolfpack gear. He is the true definition of bandwagon.

I don't care that he went to NCSU, I understand out of state tuition is expensive, but NCSU student or not, you are jumping on their bandwagon if you are rooting for them because they still have a shot at the division (which, they will not win, by the way.)

if you r pulling for nc state then you were never a clemson

Nov 6, 2010, 12:16 PM

fan

How's that view of Death Valley...

Nov 6, 2010, 10:42 PM

...from the other side workin' out for ya? Hope you enjoyed it Woofpuppy. ;) Oh wait, you've probably already put your orange hat back on. LMAO!!!! :) :) :)

Nov 7, 2010, 12:40 AM

cmon op don't be shy... We're all dying to know how you're first game in the valley cheering against Clemson worked out...

Perhaps you're somewhat of a goodluck charm... would you mind making the trip down to Tallahassee and cheering for the noles?

7 in a row.***

Nov 7, 2010, 2:25 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Nov 7, 2010, 2:31 PM

i wont give up until we hear back from him....

Someone is in hiding!!

Nov 7, 2010, 3:04 PM

Ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!

Ha! I was about to call this guy out!

Nov 7, 2010, 5:06 PM

Just watch, next year there will be a post that starts with:

"I attend NC State, but have been a Clemson fan all of my life. I will probably be the only NC State student wearing orange in the student section..............................."

Nov 7, 2010, 8:35 PM

I know you've made it back to Raleigh by now....................

LOL

Nov 7, 2010, 8:58 PM

It went down something like this. He knew last year NC State stunk, so he was going to sport the Clemson gear, so he could rub it in to his State buddies, and say, "I have been a Clemson fan all of my life, just could not go to school there."

Yesterday, he thought NCSU was now a powerhouse after Ponder gave them a win, and would beat Clemson. He did not want to be in the minority, with his buddies ragging him for wearing Clemson gear in the 'loss' on his part back home, so he went with the team where he is attending school. On the way back to Raleigh, he was beating himself up inside, saying, "why did I wear this red shirt, I could be bragging right now." And then by the time they get to about Charlotte, he starts talking about how he has really been a Clemson fan all of his life, but decided to wear wolfpack gear so his friends would not be in an even bigger minority, because Clemson would have plenty of support. Then he starts using words like "we" when referring to Clemson.

I cannot believe this post got so many points up...

Nov 7, 2010, 9:27 PM

and he wants to call out bandwagon fan...please go back to Raleigh and stay there.

Here is another one

Nov 7, 2010, 9:43 PM

Or is it the same one?

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=9723750#9723750

7 in a row d0uche***

Nov 7, 2010, 9:38 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2010, 11:44 AM

..... I know you're using a laptop in class today

He's till trying ot figure out who his team is....

Nov 8, 2010, 1:35 PM

As you can see below...your lil' buddy did log in yesterday when he got back to WoofLand. He's probably a VT fan now.

Username: clemsonrulez08®
Last Login: Nov 7, 2010 9:50 PM

Nov 9, 2010, 2:38 PM

I've changed my username (from prozack09)... but my determination is the same.... show your face

What color did you wear tonight?

Jan 25, 2011, 9:00 PM

And whatever happened to this clown? Clemson owns NCSU in every sport. That's just the one ACC team who's number we have at the moment.

This is AWESOME!!! HA HA HA!!!!!

Jan 25, 2011, 9:02 PM

you deserve every bit of hate coming from this board!!!!

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic