Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Am I the only 1 Tired of Us bragging about our past to SCU?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Am I the only 1 Tired of Us bragging about our past to SCU?

Jul 19, 2013, 12:42 PM

As is stated in George Orwell's 1984 and then quoted on Rage Against the Machine's "Testify", "who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present now controls the past."

We don't have to like it but SCU controls the PRESENT. They have beaten us soundly 4 years in a row. And it will take an absolute A+ game from us to end the streak at the roach this year.

Making up excuses, talking about our overall record, talking about 63-17 (which was 10 years ago) just makes us sound delusional.

We need to BEAT THEM ON THE FIELD. Until then we should S-T-F-U.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

POTD.***

Jul 19, 2013, 12:43 PM

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Re: POTD.

Jul 19, 2013, 12:49 PM

yep Pound On Them Dang-it. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Says the Kilo '91 coot fan with an App. St. degree***

Jul 19, 2013, 1:08 PM [ in reply to POTD.*** ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When we beat them it's going to be so sweet.

Jul 19, 2013, 1:04 PM

Think about it...

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

we look & act so desparte & childish with all this hot air..

Jul 19, 2013, 1:10 PM

we post day after day. They own our a$$ and if dabo still chirp's like a cheerleader after a 5th straight butt stompin' we will look even more stupid and foolish. Talk is cheap and that's all we are doing.

They own us?oh wait thats right,only the last 4 years count***

Jul 21, 2013, 5:21 PM

It's a rivalry. Deal with it.

Jul 19, 2013, 1:14 PM

Suck it coots. We own the past and the future looks bright.

Very true. Without history there is no rivalry.***

Jul 19, 2013, 1:15 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

But by that same logic..

Jul 19, 2013, 1:20 PM

Isn't a game that happened 4 years ago also considered "in the past?" If not, does that mean the present began in 2009? Or did it begin in 2008, so Clemson can claim 1/5 games in "the present?" Why does the present have to be stretched so much just to fit one's own success anyway?

My point here is that either you only focus on the last game played, only on the game that's coming up or you focus on every game that's ever been played in the series. Just focusing on the last 4 years tries to stretch the term "present" too much and only leads to a false view of the overall history. If they were really focusing on the present, they would say nothing other than "we're gonna beat y'all this year," or at the very most "we beat y'all in 2012." Talking entirely different teams from 2009-2011 is pretty hypocritical when you refer to us talking about a completely different team from 2003.

That being said, I do agree that it's time to put up or shut up. Let's beat them on the field then we won't even have to hear their stupid gibberish anymore.

History does show that beating them does not shut them up***

Jul 19, 2013, 1:29 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And vice versa. ***

Jul 21, 2013, 3:42 PM

nm

Re: But by that same logic..

Jul 21, 2013, 2:25 PM [ in reply to But by that same logic.. ]

"Isn't a game that happened 4 years ago also considered "in the past?" If not, does that mean the present began in 2009? Or did it begin in 2008, so Clemson can claim 1/5 games in "the present?" Why does the present have to be stretched so much just to fit one's own success anyway?

My point here is that either you only focus on the last game played, only on the game that's coming up or you focus on every game that's ever been played in the series. Just focusing on the last 4 years tries to stretch the term "present" too much and only leads to a false view of the overall history. If they were really focusing on the present, they would say nothing other than "we're gonna beat y'all this year," or at the very most "we beat y'all in 2012." Talking entirely different teams from 2009-2011 is pretty hypocritical when you refer to us talking about a completely different team from 2003.

That being said, I do agree that it's time to put up or shut up. Let's beat them on the field then we won't even have to hear their stupid gibberish anymore."

Makes sense except for the life cycle of any recruited class is 5 to 6 years max with most recruits in the 3-4 year span. The players on either team right now can look at the period up to about 6 years as their "present."

So a streak such as the one South Carolina is currently on can very much be considered the present and a valid point of relevance.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The streak is very much in the present.***

Jul 21, 2013, 7:53 PM [ in reply to But by that same logic.. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

2013 starts a new history/era***

Jul 19, 2013, 1:26 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We've said that since 2009. Until we actually do something

Jul 21, 2013, 7:54 PM

it's not a new era.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

THANK. YOU.***

Jul 19, 2013, 2:06 PM

It makes us look "needy"***

Jul 19, 2013, 2:09 PM

nm

yeah but our football players graduate!.....with honors!!***

Jul 19, 2013, 2:32 PM

New year, new team, new attitude. Just win, baby. Just win***

Jul 19, 2013, 2:45 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

I agree - past accomplishments begin to sound like a....

Jul 19, 2013, 2:57 PM

loser's way of justifying things. They've won four years in a row - think they care much now about the past?

We need to end their streak this November - then we WILL have something to brag about.

Re: I agree - past accomplishments begin to sound like a....

Jul 19, 2013, 2:59 PM

But again, isn't a game that happened 4 years ago technically considered "the past" as well? Not that I'm trying to justify it (I also care more about the future), but it just seems strange to me when people say Clemson is "living in the past" when something that happened before 2012 is also in the past.

Re: Am I the only 1 Tired of Us bragging about our past to SCU?

Jul 20, 2013, 10:49 AM

Either the past counts, or it does not count. If you want to brag about the last game, or the last 2 games, or the last four games, you gotta listen to be talk about all the games.

I've seen a lot of them. I recall the day, the weather, the score, the feeling. They all count.

If you do not want to remember the games played in the past, please don't try to talk to me about last November, because I know that for you, it's over and it does not count.

Either they all count. Or none of them count.

And no matter what counts or does not count, most folks really should ####.

HARLEY

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and when lonnie utah agrees with you, you know you have a

Jul 21, 2013, 2:29 PM

pro-usuc argument going on, one in which i disagree with in it's entirety. and to top that off,when you use quotes from fictional books to support your argument, it digresses even more.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

your rant sounds just as delusional...nothing matters but

Jul 21, 2013, 5:19 PM

this season...btw its obvious who you are ragin for

Jul 21, 2013, 7:29 PM

No you and the other 20 coots that TU your post are.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2013, 7:37 PM

I don't expect a Clemson fan to banter with me about recent match-ups due to the fact Clemson hasn't won one in a few years. The same way I don't expect a Gamecock to banter with a Clemson fan about history because USCe doesn't have a decent one. It's have and have nots. One way or the other. The Gamecocks HAVE won 4 in a row, not Clemson. Clemson does HAVE old championships while USCe does NOT. The circle keeps going.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic