Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sometimes Our Days Don't Go As Planned
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 3,523

Sometimes Our Days Don't Go As Planned

Oct 23, 2020, 1:41 PM

I had only one thing on my schedule for yesterday, accompany my son-in-law and daughter for a consultation with her doctor re her ongoing cancer treatment. That went off without a hitch yesterday morning. We came home, had lunch a nd then I asked my SIL (a retired MD) to look at my legs. I have some swelling in both legs just above and below my knees. It didn't take him long to tell me I needed to see my doctor so he made arrangements. Thy both agreed on what should be done.

The swelling could be due to a blood clot and that was not good news. So they made an appointment for me to go for a test to determine if there was, indeed, a clot. In addition, I was scheduled for a cat scan of my heart and lungs. The test on my legs revealed no blood clots so that was good news. The cat scan revealed there may be some congestive heart failure, but not severe. The main thing now is getting rid of the fluid in my legs. No wonder I found it difficult walking. I'm too young to be confined to a wheel chair. I asked the lady operating the cat scan if they were going to scan my head. She said "No. We already know there is nothing there". I thought it best not to question that response.

So, that's the latest on old Joe21.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sometimes Our Days Don't Go As Planned

Oct 23, 2020, 1:43 PM

Always an interesting read! God bless you Joe. We need more people like you!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for the update "old" Joe21!

Oct 23, 2020, 1:48 PM

Stay well my friend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Oct 23, 2020, 1:54 PM

L'Chaim! Joe, you live it well!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In my prayers

Oct 23, 2020, 1:55 PM

Isaiah 41:13

For I am the Lord your God
who takes hold of your right hand
and says to you, Do not fear;
I will help you.

Oct 23, 2020, 1:57 PM

My mother in law has the same problem. The doctors gave her a water pill, limited her fluids and recommended that she walk around in a pool in a depth of about 5’. But taking the fluid pill is key to getting rid of all of that fluid.

Walking around in the pool forces the fluid up so you can get rid of it. Did the doctor suggest you prop your legs up during the day and limit your fluids.

I learned after visits to the heart doctor, the vascular doctor and her regular doctor.

Praying for you Joe. Get well soon. Tigernet needs you. ??????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good humor my friend Mr Joe21..

Oct 23, 2020, 2:44 PM

And can’t believe what’s gone down in the 13 long months since You, Daughter Linda & I met at your home & then went out to eat in Pendleton..

with her illness, my bone density loss due to a hyper parathyroid and the Covid affecting us all & our football team.

But two things are still positive..we are all still living and enjoying being Clemson Tiger Fans!

Can’t wait for your 99th BDay on Nov 25th!

Go TiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2020, 2:58 PM

Joe stay well my friend. prayers sent.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2020, 7:17 PM

Prayers for a speedy recovery.

Well, I have some sage advice. If they put you on Lasix, and

Oct 23, 2020, 8:35 PM

there is ANY POSSIBILITY of you getting nabbed for Jury Duty, either do not take the Lasix, or if you do take the Lasix, find some way to talk your way out of the Jury Duty. I had this situation a few years back, and the normal luck kicked in. Got picked for a dang jury trial out of a pool of 150 potential jurors. I had to literally beg the bailiff to find some way to halt the proceedings long enough for me to go to the restroom. Thank God there was a point in there where the Judge gave instructions to the lawyers, just long enough for a full on sprint to the bathroom. And, thankfully, after a short deliberation, the defendant changed their plea to guilty, and we got out of there. Never Again! Be forewarned. :(

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2020, 8:46 PM

Prayers to you old Joe!!

Oct 23, 2020, 10:47 PM

Prayers for you, Joe. Looking forward to #99!

Best wishes, as always, to you and your family.***

Oct 24, 2020, 4:31 AM

Continued prayers to you Joe...

Oct 24, 2020, 4:12 PM

A great Tiger & Gator!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2020, 4:19 PM

Sending prayers your way.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 3,523
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic