Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
GameCoot Fans earlier disrespect for DaBO as a capable head coach is probably one of sports
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

GameCoot Fans earlier disrespect for DaBO as a capable head coach is probably one of sports

Jun 2, 2017, 1:29 AM

Most embarrassing & mean-spirited scenarios ever seen in this state and maybe in the Nation, especially when he lost 5 of 6 contests against them..

But the fact that he kept his inner feelings within the guidelines of being a Gentleman, kept plugging, selling, recruiting, winning & Gutting eR Done on the national & bowl scene..

He turned back the Tide of non-spurrsmanship & eventually was vindicated by many of those same haters & cruel jokesters who pushed 1 to 5 fingers into his face while out in the public OR who cruelly hid their disrespect in selfies with him by showing off their victory total behind his back or over his head.

BUT..on June 1, 2017 DaBO Sweeney cemented his name & that of his 2016 National Championship CLEMSON Football Team on the famous $500,000 McArthur Trophy Bowl that is displayed at the College Football Hall of Fame in ATL...4-EVER!

When all is said & done, no GameCoot Fan can ever take away from him thru their shameful acts of dishonor & disgracefulness the fact that he is a Champion of Men..and never quit his Team in mid stream during the battle. Thank you Coach!

Go TiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he tipped his hand a little bit on how he felt.

Jun 2, 2017, 1:31 AM

factually correct on all points though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwxxaFvYTXY

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: he tipped his hand a little bit on how he felt.

Jun 2, 2017, 2:04 AM

I remember this video well. Took all things like a man, grew, and became the 2x Bear Bryant award winner at Clemson. He is our coach, and I sure am grateful for him and the entire staff he's built. Swinney is a Class Act. Ambassador. HC of the National Championship Clemson Tigers.

Good post Bill!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2017, 2:21 AM [ in reply to he tipped his hand a little bit on how he felt. ]

" so you can print that " and it sure won't be the last Swinney says that.

Jun 2, 2017, 1:12 PM [ in reply to he tipped his hand a little bit on how he felt. ]

This has to be one of the Top 5 non-game moments in Clemson football history.

I think this was a turning point in our program. Dabo was still young and wet behind the ears and no one still knew quite what to expect with him, but he showed something that is characteristic of a true, committed leader - loyalty. He defended his players, he defended the program, and he defended the university. From that point on, no one questioned his loyalty, motives or intentions, and his players knew that he had their backs, no matter what.

I think another turning point was that same season with the WVU debacle. The team learned that it didn't matter how highly ranked we were, what titles we won, or how good people said we were, they still had to earn every game and play all 60 minutes every time they took the field. It also helped Dabo refine his staff and put the right pieces in the right places.

This video will NEVER cease to make me smile and swell with Clemson pride!

Re: GameCoot Fans earlier disrespect for DaBO as a capable head coach is probably one of sports

Jun 2, 2017, 1:45 AM

What Bill Said !!!!!XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 2

Re: GameCoot Fans earlier disrespect for DaBO as a capable head coach is probably one of sports

Jun 2, 2017, 7:41 AM

Coot fans in the Midlands had no respect for Dabo until 2014 when we beat them during Watson's first season. Their attitude changed even more as we climbed into national prominence while the OBC left theirs in a mess. It reminds me of the well known fable involving a hare and a turtle. We slowly out did the faster program with the well known coach all the while by staying a course.

While Spurrier earned his place in the HOF at UF, I believe Dabo will surpass him at Clemson and underneath he knows it. OBC built Usuck, but his work did not last. Dabo has just started a lasting legacy of excellence. That is why USC fans are increasingly quiet and at times more acknowledging of who Dabo has become and where we are headed as a program.

Go Tigers!

NICE ONE BILL!!! +1***

Jun 2, 2017, 7:21 AM

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Jun 2, 2017, 7:24 AM

I especially liked the subtle, "never quit his team midseason" barb!

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Jun 2, 2017, 8:29 AM

Great poast LBB! +1

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Remember when they said they hope we keep Dabo?

Jun 2, 2017, 1:16 PM

They may want to rethink that.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic