Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
76 today & still feel like 17 inwardly when I found Clemson Football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 53
| visibility 1

76 today & still feel like 17 inwardly when I found Clemson Football

May 19, 2017, 1:43 AM

And seeing the beautiful Clemson campus for the first time in 1958..59 years ago! I returned home that evening with Orange & Tiger Rag in my heart & mind..actually in my veins!

Since then I attended Clemson twice to finally get out with one sheepskin (with some service & marriage mixed in), got to write sports articles as a staff member of The Tiger Student Newspaper and interview famous people like Coach Frank Howard, Coach Bob Jones & Bonnie Banks McFadden and 28 years later sending a Son to study Pre-Law at Tigertown.

Then there's been the many years of the Family using the four season tickets & seats in the same section, the drives together & great pre-game picnics, seeing friends, the games away & to many bowls together..

Later Acquiring campers & motor coaches so to stay near the practice fields over the weekend..

And then Waving the first 3' x 5' Orange Cotton PAW Flag to home & away games from 1977-1992 until SID Bob Bradley nicknamed me "The Flagman".

Still have that flag in my huge Clemson collection, with dirt, a hole & blood stains on it from trips like one in 1979 to Notre Dame with my then 9 year old Son..and a Domer Student tried to steal it from my hand during play while I was waving it on a 6' metal pole in the end zone and we had a scuffle and the pole was bent but I survived the fall we both had on the concrete steps and I jumped up, straightened out the bent pole and continued waving that flag to the cheers of many around me.

That PAW flag went to the Gator Bowl in 1977 for loss to Pitt..in 1978 to MD for ACC Championship win & then to win in Gator over OHst & Woody.. in 1979 to ND, to SC for loss in Cola & loss to Baylor in Peach Bowl..in 1981 to KY & then to UNC for the huge 10-8 win & then win in Cola over Coots & then the huge NC win over Huskers in Jan 1982..then in Fall 1982 the big Match-up with UGa in Athens of the last two NC Teams which we lost and I almost lost the flag when I dropped it from the bleachers onto the ground underneath.

Saying, it's been a long 59 but rewarding & satisfying years of being a fan of the best dang college football team in the Land..seeing two Natties in FB, two in Soccer and one in Golf.

Go TiGERS..Keep ROCKING!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 76 today & still feel like 17 inwardly when I found Clemson Football

May 19, 2017, 1:52 AM
TIGERS.jpg(58.6 K)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Bill !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 19, 2017, 8:33 AM

Wishing you a happy birthday and many more to come!

Happy Birthday

May 20, 2017, 7:43 AM [ in reply to Re: 76 today & still feel like 17 inwardly when I found Clemson Football ]

And hope there's many more!
??

May 19, 2017, 6:33 AM

Happy Birthday young man.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Happy Birthday! May you have many more***

May 19, 2017, 6:40 AM

Happy Birthday, BiLl!***

May 19, 2017, 6:54 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Happy Birthday Bill!***

May 19, 2017, 7:02 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, very happy- very, very proud.

We need more stories like this!

May 19, 2017, 7:19 AM

Happy Birthday!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Happy Birthday bilL! You're still a spring chicken.

May 19, 2017, 8:21 AM

Signed,

hartins®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Happy Birthday Bill!***

May 19, 2017, 8:24 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Happy Birthday. Bill.***

May 19, 2017, 8:27 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Happy Birthday, Bill. In case some of you TNetters

May 19, 2017, 8:33 AM

aren't aware, Bill was one of the all time great writers and columnists for "The Tiger" newspaper during his tenure.

Since then, he's been one of the most fiercely loyal and dedicated financial contributors to Clemson.

A true Tiger...orange-blooded through and through!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Happy Birthday, Bill. In case some of you TNetters

May 19, 2017, 9:17 AM

hartins®, You and Bill both have been a great service for Clemson University, and you both have continued to be great Clemson fans. I personally thank you both for your years of hard work, dedication with the up-most loyalty to the University and our Clemson Tigers. You have printed Go Tigers a many of times, but it's minute to the many times you have yelled it from the stands all over the country. Thank you, to Both of You!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Happy Birthday, Bill. In case some of you TNetters

May 19, 2017, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Happy Birthday, Bill. In case some of you TNetters ]

Happy Birthday. I am all in with Bill.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 19, 2017, 8:48 AM

Whew Bill, if that aint a jaunt down memory lane, don't know what is. Them were some good times. Paths probably crossed a hundred times and didn't know it. Couldn't have been too many of us driving up and down them roads to the away games.

Happy Birthday Flagman!!!! Hopefully, God willing we'll make it a hundred and see a dozen more natty's!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 19, 2017, 8:54 AM

A sincere Happy Birthday wish for you Bill.

You have been a great representative of our Tigers as a Tiger Fans everywhere Bill. If we had a Clemson Fan Hall of Fame, or a Fan Ring of Honor, if I had a say or a vote, You would be a Clemson fan that I would vote for to be listed in a Clemson Fan Hall of Fame, or a Fan Ring of Honor. You are a great Clemson fan who has done a great service of representing Clemson athletics everywhere!!! Thank you for all the years of being in the stands when all our teams have needed to hear friendly cheers from the stands, thank you!!!

May 19, 2017, 9:03 AM

Congrats bill. I'm 74 today just like every other day. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 19, 2017, 9:09 AM

Happy Birthday Bill! Here's to many, many more.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 19, 2017, 9:53 AM

Happy Birthday LBB. I remember attending several of those games but one that sticks out is the peach bowl against Baylor where it was freezing cold and sleeting. Baylor brought their black bear mascot and before the game it was sitting in the end zone drinking a Pepsi....yes it was sitting on its haunches holding the bottle between its paws and drinking. The bear finished the cold drink, stood up and saw the tiger in the other side of the end zone. That bear took off, pulling the chain from the handler's hands, and hit the tiger on a dead run knocking him 15 feet through the air. When the tiger( I believe it was Sack Mills at that time) hit the ground, that bear was on him like a chicken on a June bug. That attack was just a harbinger of things to come in that game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Damb!! I thought at first you meant the REAL Tiger!!

May 19, 2017, 4:58 PM

Still sucked for that student, eh?!

When was that game?

I'd like to check it out - wonder if there's any video of any of it?

Thanks for sharing!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

happy valentines day lbb!

May 19, 2017, 9:19 AM

go tigers
go rum

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

May 19, 2017, 9:23 AM

Same birthday as my daughter , LBB !
Keep on truckin'!!!!!

DB23

Congrats! Have a great day!***

May 19, 2017, 9:23 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 19, 2017, 9:34 AM

Happy 76 birthday Bill, I don't want to rush anything but I can't wait to have almost 60 years of Clemson memories to always reflect back on. Once again Happy birthday.

May 19, 2017, 9:38 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BILL!! Hope you enjoy many more in good health and with your immediate and extended TIGER family!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 19, 2017, 9:38 AM

Wonder why my pulse is at 92%?

May 19, 2017, 9:40 AM

Happy Birthday, and many many more!

to say it's your birthday just to get

May 19, 2017, 9:40 AM

Points is really pushing it! Happy birthday

66%....ha ha....it was a FREAKING JOKE YOU

May 19, 2017, 4:59 PM

trolls...ha ha

Happy Day Bill!

May 19, 2017, 10:04 AM

Always glad to see your posts on here.

Happy Birthday, Bill!!!!!

May 19, 2017, 10:15 AM

Sea Shack for Birthday Dinner is ALWAYS good....

BTW: didja know hartins gave me my rat cut in August 1967?????

Hairline been downhill since then...

HBD LBB !***

May 19, 2017, 10:15 AM

Happy Birthday LBB!!!***

May 19, 2017, 10:24 AM

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Happy Birthday, mR. bUlB!!!

May 19, 2017, 10:35 AM

Hope you get 76 (or more) TUs on this post!

~JKB

Re: Man, you are a young un.***

May 19, 2017, 10:53 AM

May you live as long as you want and...

May 19, 2017, 10:58 AM

never want while you live.

Happy birthday, Bill.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 19, 2017, 11:42 AM

Happy birthday Bill!

Lay off the sauce today!

All the best!
-BT

May 19, 2017, 11:56 AM

Happy birthday lightbulbbill !!!!!! I hope you will have many, many more, at least as many as I have enjoyed. Your comments and the people you mention bring back a lot of memories. I well remember the game at South Bend. The Notre Dame fans were even wanting to buy all of our Clemson clothing and gear. We had no problem with the fans. All were very hospitable.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bill.........

May 19, 2017, 12:08 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jorJh8DTMVM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

U C Obed....

May 19, 2017, 12:10 PM

This is why, despite your loss of legs, you have been blessed in life. You are a good man. Well at least half of a good man. Kind of like bob.

May 19, 2017, 12:32 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! My dad graduated in 1959 from Clemson and he turned 81 Monday.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 19, 2017, 2:02 PM

Happiest of birthdays to you LBB!! Enjoy every moment of your very special day!

Go Tigers!

Many more LBB!

May 19, 2017, 2:32 PM

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation(al Champs!)! AND LBB!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Happy Birthday, LBB!

May 19, 2017, 3:04 PM

Can you now finally disclose sportsuites1 was a persona you created to troll cootnation? ;)
GO TIGERS!!Natty/National CHAMPS!
And GO LBB! Long live the Flagman!

There's you a 76Th point for your B-day!

May 19, 2017, 3:16 PM

Happy Birthday!

May 19, 2017, 4:48 PM

Proud to say I knew you when you were only 74! ??

Happy birthday my friend!!!

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Happy Birthday! You da man!

May 19, 2017, 5:25 PM

Wish you'd post pics of yourself back in the day waving that flag.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 19, 2017, 5:33 PM

Happy Birthday Bill. Great, heartfelt post! Many TU's to you for your birthday.

May 19, 2017, 9:32 PM

Happy Birthday Bill. You ole man. In five weeks, I'll join you.

Wish some of these young guys had a chance to hear.. "hey rat, where's your hat"!

Different Clemson today. Better in a lot of ways. Remember seeing your first co-ed?

Go Tigers

Wish I still had my Rat Hat .. and my

May 19, 2017, 9:53 PM

Viet Nam boonie hat - think girls swiped both of them.

May 19, 2017, 10:19 PM

Happy birthday.

When I think of the best of Tigernet, I think of Lightbulbbill. Keep doing what you've been doing.

Inspector M

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

happy b'day, buddy ! 76 more might be a stretch, huh ?

May 19, 2017, 10:26 PM

enjoy

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Happy Birthday!***

May 19, 2017, 10:38 PM

Replies: 53
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic