Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
31-0
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

31-0

May 16, 2017, 3:15 PM

Never Forget

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Also never forget their message board friends

May 16, 2017, 3:58 PM

who stopped by before the game like this English major:

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=20670238

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Also never forget their message board friends

May 16, 2017, 5:23 PM

Oh, the there's this gem from him:

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=20690784

"
The acc is trash. Big ten east is the best division in college football this year period.The most ranked teams. Who you going to put infront? The sec? Nope, the acc? God no. Wac-12? Big12? Sorry but stop being so butthurt we beat bama in the playoffs and won a title and your sorry ### tigers couldnt "

And 31-0 later...and the end of the season, who was it that was put in front of them?? Oh yeah, the ACC. lol

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Also never forget their message board friends

May 16, 2017, 5:28 PM [ in reply to Also never forget their message board friends ]

As matter of fact...go back into several topics the little lad posted in. His comments are much more hilarious now knowing what we know and reading the stuff people were saying at him and then reading his retorts...wonder what he thinks now?
http://www.tigernet.com/view/profile.do?userID=131650

His pulse isn't zero.....

May 16, 2017, 6:17 PM [ in reply to Also never forget their message board friends ]

yet.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

He made some valid historical points.

May 16, 2017, 6:27 PM [ in reply to Also never forget their message board friends ]

I'm just glad he was familiar with the term 'boat raced'.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never forget!

May 16, 2017, 3:59 PM

Re: Never forget!

May 16, 2017, 4:48 PM

This took way longer to show up than I expected.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Based on how they were playing, he's checking for a pulse.***

May 16, 2017, 4:50 PM [ in reply to Never forget! ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Based on how they were playing, he's checking for a pulse.***

May 16, 2017, 5:00 PM

I thought he was checking his gender considering the way they were playing. I think Ben was down there to tell everyone , "Yep, they're girls for sure"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Never forget!

May 16, 2017, 6:39 PM [ in reply to Never forget! ]

Clemson has always had um by the buckeye. Just needed a visual, physical demonstration To remove any doubt.

Re: 31-0

May 16, 2017, 4:54 PM

Although the Bama win was the dream I almost enjoyed this game more.
All I heard for a month was how CLEMSON will not beat The mighty Ohio St.
I loved it , I really did

I'll be playing golf with some of my Buckeye friends in

May 16, 2017, 5:28 PM

Florida this weekend. To say I can't wait is an understatement!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I play a good bit of golf in Myrtle Beach.

May 16, 2017, 6:37 PM

With my Clemson golf bag, shoes, hat, and shirt I'm pretty easy to spot. And as you know, half the golfers at Myrtle are from Ohio. OK, that's an exaggeration but there are a LOT of them. I can't tell you how many times one of them has gone out of their way to approach me and talk about how we wore them out. They're a proud bunch but respectful of good football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Thanks, I enjoyed that. If I can find the "not Ohio State"

May 16, 2017, 6:38 PM

network call of the game, I will post it. It is really funny. ESPN played it the day of the national championship game.

Please do. I think I remember what you're referring to

May 16, 2017, 8:49 PM

And it's great

Best Is The Standard

May 16, 2017, 7:28 PM

Ok, I'm just going to say it. For all of the trash talk on here about what a pathetic team Ohio state is, there sure is a real obsession with them. Anyone who thinks Meyer or Ohio state sucks is a dang fool. If you doubled the amount of national championships Clemson has, we'd still only have half of theirs. It's one thing to bash the coot'rs because let's face it, they actually do suk. Come on folks, let's act like we've been here before and let it go. They played their worst game in 30 years and we capitalized big time. We've Got some legitimate national respect going lately, wish some of our fans (especially the new addition bandwagon ones) would get a life.

CU in the valley 9/2!! Go Tigers!!

May 16, 2017, 8:56 PM

You get a mud hole stomped in you on national TV in the playoff game and shutout to boot, you deserve all the ragging you get! 31-0. O-HI-ZERO! It's a game we will talk about forever. And Urban sure hasn't shown he can beat Clemson!!

May 16, 2017, 9:03 PM [ in reply to Re: 31-0 ]

You do realize it's more than 1 game, right? Clemson in 3-0 vs OH State....we have the right to rag a blue blood team that has never beaten us in any point in their history, especially when the last is in the playoffs and ends in Meyer's first shut out, and the other more recent one gave Meyer his first BCS loss ever.

May 16, 2017, 9:57 PM

I'm fully aware that it's more than one game. That's what makes this run of the last 6 years so amazing. But I'm looking at recent history which we are 2-0 against them. It's a small sample size to draw from. It's not like we play them year after year and dominate them. That's my only point. I know our base would be PO'd if ole miss fans touted being dominant over Clemson because they're 2-0 in all of history....surely y'all can see my point here. I would just prefer showing teams with incredibly rich history's like Bama, Ohio state, ND, and others some respect and not act like we're just on another level in comparison.

May 16, 2017, 9:31 PM [ in reply to Re: 31-0 ]

1. No one said they suck. They made the CFP. They made the CFP with 6 total returning starters.

2. Meyer is a dang good coach. Maybe the best in the country. He's never been shut out. That's something I'm not going to forget, because it might be a while before it happens again.

3. We beat The Ohio State University 31-0 in a PLAYOFF game. That should be celebrated as much as the NC, but gets dwarfed due to the significance of the Championship win... against Alabama. Hence, the "Never Forget". ....because it is easy to.

Best Is The Standard

May 16, 2017, 10:00 PM

Thanks jtiger, that's what I'm talking about! These amazing games over the last few years is what really separates us from the oregons, stanfords, and Baylor of the world. They got close, we finished it. And I don't think it's uber yet!! Go Tigers!!

they ARE a college "blue blood".....that is why it is

May 16, 2017, 11:21 PM [ in reply to Re: 31-0 ]

such a big deal. Their fans are VERY OBNOXIOUS and act like they are so much better than us.Maybe considering ancient football history they are.......but think about it this way.......since the year 1971, they have won two natties. Two.....period. So have we. We have owned them on the field in the past few seasons and they HATE IT. They have been so nasty and have taken the beatdown and have turned the narrative completely about the "tickle" that Wilkins gave. It reminds me of a child-like sore loser. I can't stand their arrogance.
Urban does have them back at the top and they are recruiting at the highest level but so is Dabo. It has been very fun owning them again!( taste it Woody!!!!) I will never forget 31-0!!!!!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Yes, the "forgotten game" should never be.***

May 16, 2017, 10:42 PM

The best thing about that win

May 16, 2017, 11:26 PM

Is that we will hear about it for a longgg time. Games like just don't happen for Ohio state. I would love for us to schedule a home and home with them in the near future but i doubt it would ever happen

Re: The best thing about that win

May 17, 2017, 8:43 AM

Never say never. They recruit Florida and Georgia a lot and we have been recruiting some guys from up there like Carmen. If that continues, it could happen. Big teams are only doing H&H series with teams in areas that they A: have a good fan base in the area and B: they recruit that area of the country.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic