Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
restrictions
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

restrictions

Oct 8, 2020, 1:22 PM

I guess coaches just trusting team members to make good decisions and do not have restrictions on them going out in community? Figured at least they may at least want them to only eat in meals in football facility but my son saw DJ, Bresee, Tyler Venables and Ajou out eating hibachi in Greenville this week. They were celebrating Bresee birthday. Come on boys be careful.....DJ we especially don't need you taking anything to 16 in the QB room. Hold my breathe each week for results of those Friday tests. Any loss would be bad ....but a loss of 16 or 9 .....oh my

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: restrictions

Oct 8, 2020, 1:24 PM

It's not like the coaches can lock the players up in their rooms, or even restrict them from leaving campus.

Well, we can probably count on a few Covid cases with starters and as such..

Oct 8, 2020, 1:36 PM

we may or may not recover from it and sustain a loss.

Name of the beast, with all teams.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, we can probably count on a few Covid cases with starters and as such..

Oct 8, 2020, 1:45 PM

agree, but only a hand full of teams playing for a Natty so a lot more to lose than say the U of SC chickens. Travis came back to win another Natty and maybe a heisman....want him to get that chance.

Oct 8, 2020, 1:41 PM [ in reply to Re: restrictions ]

I agree ..just hope they are being smart. And I know teams like ND, VT have been hit with it and ACC moved things around but a major breakout or even just some key guys testing positive this week, Notre Dame week, etc could mean the difference in a Natty or no Natty. Almost worse if a few key guys and team still has to play vs. big outbreak where you may get game moved.

Oct 8, 2020, 1:49 PM

It's unfortunately going to be a concern all season long for every team. I'm still enjoying football season, and I've actually been surprised at how well the stadiums and television networks have done in minimizing the impacts of having so little fans in the stands while watching on tv.

I told my wife though that the biggest thing making this season less enjoyable as in the past is that feeling of not being able to be 100% certain in a game being played or being highly impacted with players missing the game due to the virus. It makes me try to temper my excitement for the upcoming games until the testing is all completed.

It may make you feel better, or perhaps make you feel worse to realize that I'm sure the players have been going out in similar ways as you described above all season long so they've either been smart about things, lucky, or both.

Don't jump to conclusions - just because they were out....

Oct 8, 2020, 1:44 PM

in Greenville eating doesn't mean they weren't being careful about wearing masks and staying away from other people.

Re: Don't jump to conclusions - just because they were out....

Oct 8, 2020, 1:52 PM

My son, Furman football player, and some of his teammates chatted with them, as one of them knows Venables. Not sure how much contact they were having with patrons.
I agree have to let them live... but #### there is just so much on the line. Not a problem chicken fans have to worry about.

At least it wasn't a bar or on-campus party, that's where

Oct 8, 2020, 1:51 PM

most of the trouble is. Honestly, they are in such a bubble, girl friends are more likely to bring it into the team. So not only do the players have to be careful, their BFF's and GF's do too.

Most restaurants have been following protocols.

Re: At least it wasn't a bar or on-campus party, that's where

Oct 8, 2020, 2:03 PM

That is very true. I can promise you at 18-22 I wasn't missing many parties or time with my girlfriend. But i also wasn't a college football player with a Natty on the line. NOt sure how that may have altered my thinking. Probably not much because it usually wasn't my brain I was thinking with.

It's OK for you to enjoy a dinner out but not our players?

Oct 8, 2020, 2:30 PM

Is this a little hypocritical? We risk it all every time we get into a car but we still do. With a recovery rate above 99.9% for their age group it may be safer for them to dine out than you. Our freedoms have been denied for millions of Americans and I understand that Clemson football, soccer, basketball, etc. need to be careful but not fear enjoying a nice birthday dinner out.

Re: It's OK for you to enjoy a dinner out but not our players?

Oct 8, 2020, 2:50 PM

Not the point. I agree not really safety threat for them. Way more dangerous for them driving. Point is that teams across America are having to be careful and take special precautions because even if you test positive and are asymptomatic you cant play and other teammates could be quarantined.

Being part of a team does mean making sacrifices and yes maybe giving up some freedoms for the good of the team. Not too fair if others being careful well a few who are not a ruin it for everybody else.

But I also realize they cant live in a bubble...but also not take unnecessary risks. Not sure if eating out put them at risk or not. As one poster stated a party or something but a lot bigger issue.

Oct 8, 2020, 2:43 PM

One thing we dont know is how many of our players actually contracted this over the summer. Perhaps the 4 players out at dinner have already tested positive for Covid or positive to antibody tests.

I certainly hope they dont get it. My gf tested positive yesterday and I have had the same symptoms as her since last weekend, so Im a "presumptive positive". Temperature running about 1 degree above normal. Slight cough. A little tired. Overal pretty mild. 40 year old male who is about 50 lbs overweight.

Oct 8, 2020, 3:39 PM

I would think the Hurricanes have a greater risk if King tests positive since their roster is not quite as deep across the board.

Coach S has managed

Oct 8, 2020, 4:29 PM

To get a lot of guys involved in the game in the season thus far ..... Just in case. He is no dummy!

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic