Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
missed pick 6
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

missed pick 6

Jan 27, 2020, 1:47 PM

A lot has been made of Trevor's National Championship performance as we gave hashed out a lot and even admitted he had a bad game. Tony Elliot has been criticized for not sticking to the run, etc. But even with all that I cannot help but think if things maybe turn out differently if Nolan Turner makes the pick with us down 28-25. We had just scored, got the 2 pt conversion and you could feel a big momentum shift coming. He makes that pick there is a good chance he runs it back or at least pretty dang close. Instead they punt and we have a three and out and things never seemed to get back on track. Oh well, life moves on.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So many plays to be had...

Jan 27, 2020, 1:52 PM

How abt if JRoss gets that block down on screen to Travis...no one would've touched him.

But at end of day, gotta give LSU credit....they made plays and we unfort. didn't.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: missed pick 6

Jan 27, 2020, 1:53 PM

So when exactly does life start moving on?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is that you Ryan Day?***

Jan 27, 2020, 2:00 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ryan Day is from New Hampshire. For your own safety

Jan 27, 2020, 2:02 PM

I hope you're not calling the HBIC a yankee. If so, may God have mercy on your soul...because the HBIC will show no mercy in the forthcoming response...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Ryan Day is from New Hampshire. For your own safety

Jan 27, 2020, 2:04 PM

New Hampshire? Is that a town in Maryland? WTH? Who cares about a town in Maryland

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 27, 2020, 1:54 PM

Yes, I felt that way right after the play. I’m like dang Nolan that was a dagger to LSU waiting to happen. We regain the lead and the momentum. It’s a shoot out from there but no telling who wins because LSU had the defense figured out so they definitely would score more points. However I think the Clemson offense wakes up knowing what a huge game changer the defense just made. Alas, it was not meant to be.

Jan 27, 2020, 2:00 PM

261tiger said:

A lot has been made of Trevor's National Championship performance as we gave hashed out a lot and even admitted he had a bad game. Tony Elliot has been criticized for not sticking to the run, etc. But even with all that I cannot help but think if things maybe turn out differently if Nolan Turner makes the pick with us down 28-25. We had just scored, got the 2 pt conversion and you could feel a big momentum shift coming. He makes that pick there is a good chance he runs it back or at least pretty dang close. Instead they punt and we have a three and out and things never seemed to get back on track. Oh well, life moves on.

The run wasn't there later in the game. #24 was able to cover man and #8 shadowed #9 taking away the run w/o giving up the pass. Elliott recognized this. Look at ETN's runs and receptions in later parts of the game.

Jan 27, 2020, 2:05 PM

The only problem with your response is when you said "look at ETN's runs and receptions in the later part of the game" to support your point.

After he scored a TD to open the second half scoring, he had one rush for the remainder of the game and it was an option pitch to the short side of the field that was doomed from the start.

He was not given a single traditional carry for the remainder of the game after his TD.

Not even 1 to see if he could make something happen when nothing else was working.

As far as receptions, we decided to only throw to him behind the line of scrimmage and almost exclusively between the hashes which allowed #8 to stay close to him.

Your guys played well in the game on defense, but we also did you some favors by handcuffing our best weapon.

Jan 27, 2020, 2:12 PM

That option to the short side of field was a ridiculous call! And to not give ET any more counter, zone read type carries the rest of the game will always infuriate me!

Jan 27, 2020, 2:34 PM

Give the ball to Reggie Merriweather!!!!

That one still infuriates me from a few years ago!

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The problem is, we will never know because we only ran it

Jan 27, 2020, 2:26 PM [ in reply to Re: missed pick 6 ]

one time after our 3rd quarter TD. And it was a terrible speed option to the boundary.

Not suggesting it would've changed the outcome, but we completely abandoned the run after ETN had a bunch of success the previous drive. 6 ypc.

Jan 27, 2020, 5:55 PM

The one I want back is the LSU player that touched out of bounds and it was not caught or challenged. I would be happy with that one back and see what happens from there. But really . I'm ready for next year.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic