Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
help me
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

help me

Jan 18, 2018, 10:51 AM

Maybe I am missing some facts here so correct if am wrong. Coots claim that because Bowen did not know about payment of $100,000 from Addidas that no issue exists. Is that not the Cam Newton defense? Coots claim they lost SEC title because of cheating Auburn and Cam Newton but is this not the same situation? Is this not same situation if parent, relative or whoever connected to Bowen received the funds? I can assure you Louisville would not have fired Pitino and Jurich if they not convinced these things occurred. Please, what am I missing?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: help me

Jan 18, 2018, 11:01 AM

Coots gonna coot. I think we spend way too much time worrying about what is going on over there

Jan 18, 2018, 11:04 AM

Unless you're there for laughs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2018, 11:01 AM

You really aren’t missing anything except the fact that most people don’t really care about the university of South Carolinaand their problems!

Jan 18, 2018, 11:09 AM

Right now, they will do about anything to produce a winner in sports. Their athletic dept. has some issues. Their so called basketball school is going down. Women's basketball is starting to go down, the men will be on probation soon because of Martin, football was luck last year and will return to doormat status, and baseball has already gone down and will continue. Cheating has just begun there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It starts from the top

Jan 18, 2018, 11:30 AM

When you have an AD who knows nothing about hiring, you're gonna suffer in every sport. To be honest, I was dumbfounded that their MBB team got as far as they did. Their game against Duke in the tourney was hideous. Doesn't really matter now though. This is their issue, not ours.

Not defending anyone here

Jan 18, 2018, 11:40 AM

And I certainly don't have all of the facts...

but what would be the proper punishment here in your estimation?

If a player really didn't know about any improper benefits (again, I'm not claiming that as a fact, just making that supposition for this question), then how should he be punished when the improper benefit is discovered?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not defending anyone here

Jan 18, 2018, 12:15 PM

That is tough I agree. Having been a coach you never wanted to penalize a kid for actions of parents but sometimes that happens. I have seen even in Little League, travel soccer you have to threaten to remove kid from league because of horrible behavior of parents.
Something about the "sins of the father...."
How else can you stop it?

Jan 18, 2018, 12:43 PM

Make the mother catch. One foul tip off her nose will fix their wagon. ;)

Jan 18, 2018, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Not defending anyone here ]

Pay for play is what it is no matter who in his family took the money. I have no pity for him unless he truely didn't know and then only a morsel as he will be in the league next year anyway. He and/or his family blew his chances for amature sports in my opinion.

Go Tigers!!!

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic