Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wilt Chamberlain is the best ever...
Other Sports Boards - The Pro Zone
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Wilt Chamberlain is the best ever...

Apr 9, 2020, 2:37 PM

and it isn't even close.

Abdul-Jabbar, Russell, Jordan, and James are in the conversation. Anyone else?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Wilt Chamberlain is the best ever...

Apr 9, 2020, 2:39 PM

Sean Bradley!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL! I think I would take Muresan or Bol

Apr 9, 2020, 2:43 PM

over Bradley.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Apr 9, 2020, 2:42 PM

Brownell?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Player, not coach.

Apr 9, 2020, 2:44 PM

:)

Brownell wasn't a basketball player before he was a coach?***

Apr 9, 2020, 2:49 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Brownell wasn't a basketball player before he was a coach?***

Apr 9, 2020, 3:20 PM

is he our coach???? is he "a winner coach ie that can win championships/playoffs sometimes NO"
has he? again no... is he a good man heck yes ! he could be a good winner @ a div 2/3 school
but at clemson he clearly has not done the job..maybe dabo can teach him how to recruit
"we are always hoping to make the playoffs..hoping to win a acc playoff games
we need a coach who instills winning winning it ALL!

this is just my opinion.....i know "you guys"will punish me for saying this so go ahead
lets "talk it out"

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think I see why you have only posted 4 times in 5

Apr 9, 2020, 5:23 PM

years, what with sentence structure being such an uphill battle for you and all.

By the way, CBB's recruiting has improved greatly, let's see how that goes next year. Hopefully you'll have to eat your words. Also...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

we talking about pulling leg or basketball?

He’s my undisputed #1 for pulling leg. No doubt.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Basketball.***

Apr 9, 2020, 2:54 PM

Jack Nicklaus. If he had not been distracted by golf, you would know that too. And Chuck Norris.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 9, 2020, 2:58 PM

i agree he was much better the everybody on you list except JORDON
jordon clearly the best ....better than hot dog james ever will be
hey pistol pete is one of the greats too

Jordan was great, but the narrative needs to change regarding his titles.

Apr 9, 2020, 4:24 PM

No doubt he was the best player in the league then, and the leader of those Bulls teams. But he had a great supporting cast. Scottie Pippen was outstanding and doesn’t get nearly enough credit. In addition to Pippen, Jordan also had other all-stars he played with as well, such as Dennis Rodman (also a hall of famer), Horace Grant, etc.

He also had the benefit of excellent coaching (Phil Jackson, Tex Winter, etc.) and a different set of officiating rules applied to him.

Again, Jordan was one of the best ever. I would argue that he is the most important player in NBA history, due to the impact he had on marketing the NBA to a wider audience and growing the game’s popularity, but I don’t think he was the best player ever. Definitely top 5 though.

Edited to add: all of the greats who won championships had great supporting casts, which rarely gets mentioned because the credit goes to the superstar. I just feel that Jordan gets an inappropriate amount of credit (and Pippen gets too little) when it comes to the success of the 90s Bulls.

Message was edited by: Judge Keller®

Apr 9, 2020, 3:00 PM

I always preferred Bill Russell. Partly because the mystique of shamrocks, black Converse high-tops, a parquet floor and rarely losing has a powerful appeal to a 13 year old, but mostly because I preferred Defense.

It’s hard to argue with Russell’s titles.

Apr 9, 2020, 4:25 PM

Also a consummate professional.

......according to 20,000 women.***

Oct 15, 2020, 3:52 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wilt Chamberlin taught me how to love a woman, and

Oct 28, 2020, 2:17 PM

Scold a child.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT"***

Mar 15, 2022, 1:15 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Nov 2, 2020, 9:07 AM

Chamberlain isnt even in the conversation.

20,000 women. I'd say so.***

Dec 13, 2020, 3:56 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

20,000 women can't be wrong.***

Jan 30, 2021, 8:21 PM

Please take this the wrong way

Mar 15, 2022, 1:18 PM

I put absolutely zero stock in what somebody says about basketball while they have a picture of Brad BrownL as their avatar.

It's akin to asking a guy driving the Oscar Mayer Weiner-mobile for advice on buying a car.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Jul 17, 2022, 6:17 PM

No doubt. I learned a lot from his book- How To Shoot Free Throws by Wilt Chamberlain with a forward by Shaquille O’Neal.

Shaq 52.7% career FT
Wilt 51.1%

There are many greater NBA players than Wilt

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2022, 2:51 PM

The best ever is Russell and I grew up hating him as I was a Chamberlain fan. Bill always knew how to make the play to win a game-be it a big rebound, stolen pass, blocked shot-it did not matter.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Other Sports Boards - The Pro Zone
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next