Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who remembers? FSU Related
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,243

Who remembers? FSU Related

Oct 8, 2019, 10:17 AM

I loved it when they tied the Dillard's bags to the balloons before kickoff. The sky was filled with them. The Noles knew they needed Peter Warrick for that game and they magically ended his suspension. Clemson had a legit shot at winning that night. I am glad that times have changed and they are hoping to hang with us rather than the other way around. Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who remembers? FSU Related

Oct 8, 2019, 10:21 AM

That was a day game and Warrick tore us up. We were good but not good enough on that day.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

Oct 8, 2019, 10:43 AM

No, he’s talking about the 1999 game that surrounded the Dillard’s incident. Warrick had the great day against us in 1997.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^^^^^^^^^^Wrong^^^^^^^^^^^

Oct 8, 2019, 11:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Who remembers? FSU Related ]

I was there, it was a night game and cold enough to see your breath. Warrick did his usual damage, but not a great game. Only a few Dillards bags as I remember

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: ^^^^^Bowden Bowl I

Oct 8, 2019, 8:10 PM

This was one of the coldest fall nights I EVER remember in the foothills. ...

A lot of sea turtles died that day***

Oct 8, 2019, 10:24 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

My cat was not a sea turtle.***

Oct 8, 2019, 10:44 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Sorry to hear that. Next time call me sooner,

Oct 8, 2019, 10:48 AM

I have a great recipe for sweet & sour kitty.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

TOO SOON!

Oct 8, 2019, 8:08 PM [ in reply to A lot of sea turtles died that day*** ]

Show some sensitivity next time!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Oct 8, 2019, 11:08 AM

Yes I do remember that hilarious image. Dillard’s bag attached to balloons floating up and over the field. Great to be there to see it.
Wonder if anyone ever flew any crab legs in a Publix bag over the field during Winston’s years??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was the first Bowden Bowl (1999)***

Oct 8, 2019, 11:36 AM

Oct 8, 2019, 1:55 PM

Peter Warrick and Chris Weinke sat about 20 feet in front of me. Warrick caught unmerciful hell from the Clemson fanbase on the sideline all game. I was a big contributor to that. Their were Dillards bags everywhere in the stands.Ole Bobby Bowden let Peter come back early from his suspension to play against us. If you watch the Bowden Dynasty documentation, Bobby "forgave" him because his players are like his "sons." What a crock of BS. Bobby wanted the National Championship he had never won and wasn't going to risk it against us. Warrick had 11 catches for 121 yards. Minor had 100 yards rushing. I think Warrick returned a punt for a TD but I could be wrong.

Without Warrick, FSU loses that game to us and they likely don't win the National Championship that year.

I hate Florida State.

I can hear Bobby now, "It's just kids being kids."

Oct 8, 2019, 7:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2019, 8:04 PM

I had just moved to Eugene, Oregon in the autumn of '99. I lived there for an ensuing 5 years...and as a result am a tried and true Ducks fan (as my adopted second favourite team of course).

I watched that game at a house party (made them switch it to Clemson vs. FSU) where I didn't even know most of the people. Was a memorable night for a few different reasons...but I remember that FG attempt failing and cursing that Bowden jr. didn't just go for it on 4th down. Clemsoning.

It's so nice now to be able to return the favour to FSU year in and year out for what they did to us (and everyone in the ACC) in the 90's and 2000s. I've re-watched last year's beat down in Tallahassee more than a few times and I hope we hang fitty or sixty on them this weekend. I'll never forget the indignity of having to endure that bloody tomahok chant in our house and losing to that lot when I was a student at Clemson.

Ducks are #2! Ducks are #2!

Oct 8, 2019, 8:16 PM

LOL! After the $$ I spent on my son going to school there, I can say that! Tiger flag flies above the 'O' flag each football weekend! ;) Love Eugene/Autzen!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,243
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic