Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Which play/Route would you like to see DJ to TL
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Which play/Route would you like to see DJ to TL

Nov 20, 2020, 9:37 AM

With TL lined up at receiver as we saw in an earlier game. Doesn’t have to be vs FSU. I want to see TL on a go route.
He’s got the speed. I don’t think DJ would under throw him. You may recall Trever caught up with and Passed Travis Etienne in the ACC Championship game vs Pitt in case anyone thinks he can’t turn on the Jets.

https://youtu.be/86TQDMxWWuE

https://youtu.be/86TQDMxWWuE

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Re: Which play/Route would you like to see DJ to TL

Nov 20, 2020, 9:45 AM

Please mark me down to see Trevor running the NO route.

If we want to have some fun on offense, let's sling one down the field to a defensive player or a young WR.

I've got no interest in seeing Trevor running downfield as a WR in a standard formation with a backup QB throwing him the ball.

Nov 20, 2020, 9:46 AM

In hindsight, I gave you a TU because at least you are talking Clemson football.

Go Tigers!

Nov 20, 2020, 9:46 AM

I don't want to see TL taking a shot as a wide out. We hopefully have enough guys to catch the ball without risking Trevor getting blasted.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well they did it before.. I forget which game but DJ

Nov 20, 2020, 10:02 AM

Came in and Trever slid out to receiver. If you think about it, given DJ’s emergence as a legitimate starter they might actually be MORE inclined to throw to him as a receiver. How is that any more risky than him running the ball 10 times a game on RPO’s?

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Re: Well they did it before.. I forget which game but DJ

Nov 20, 2020, 10:11 AM

Pretty hard to get down when you're going up for a ball. Pretty hard to see someone flying in to drill you when your eyes are turned up field to catch the ball. I get your point that a running QB has risks too. I just personally don't see it being a necessary or particularly clever play.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Either way is stupid...

Nov 20, 2020, 12:12 PM [ in reply to Well they did it before.. I forget which game but DJ ]

and so is spelling his name “Trever”. Smh

Run the offense as it was designed and don’t put franchise QBs in senseless danger.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you really want to see our star QB try to catch one of DJs fast balls?!!!

Nov 20, 2020, 10:21 AM

I prefer he keeps his throwing hand intact.

Nov 20, 2020, 10:34 AM

Well, if we're just having fun with it...

TL wide to the left. On the snap he casually turns and looks into the play as if he's got no role.

Galloway comes in motion from left to right, and DG clears out to the right flat. Galloway gets the snap (QB in HS), turns to right and passes to DJ who has stepped back to assure a lateral pass. DJ bombs to TL who took off in full sprint while ball was in the air to DJ.

We will see DJ to TL in the National Championship Game***

Nov 20, 2020, 10:40 AM

Very unlikely

Nov 20, 2020, 11:09 AM

That Coach Swinney will resort to making Lawrence a receiver. The Tigers aren’t noted for “trick plays” simply because they don’t need to use them. Having Lawrence go downfield as a receiver isn’t the way Dabo thinks. And I’m glad!

That idea is a big 'NO' for me. You want to see

Nov 20, 2020, 11:19 AM

Trevor get trucked in the open field by a safety who has a running start and bad intentions? I don't. A play like that goes in the same category as the 61 yd FG attempt vs Miami. It's just dumb. And it isn't going to trick anybody. DBs will be salivating at the thought of taking Trevor out.

Jet Sweep. Or possibly Bubble Screen.***

Nov 20, 2020, 11:22 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic