Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Which had the most influence this year?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,606

Which had the most influence this year?

Jan 4, 2021, 7:50 AM

Was it the lack of transfers or the players' social media usage? Or maybe something else. Lack of practice opportunities, game day uncertainty from COVID certainly were factors, but they were factors for every team. Maybe the way Dabo went from being an example in the media of how to do it the right way versus the guy who didn't 'get it'. Was it injuries? Seemed like a lot of those or maybe unmentioned COVID cases. Was the 'O' line really THAT bad? Maybe just the old 'success breeds contempt' progression kicking in. Just wondering. Something was certainly 'off' this year and is a little concerning to ponder how it can be fixed.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Which had the most influence this year?

Jan 4, 2021, 8:04 AM

Good grief man, give it a rest. 6 straight CFP appearances, 2 National Championships, 6 straight ACCCG wins, 10 straight 10+ win seasons, recruiting the nation’s top players, etc. I’m not sure what you think “needs to be fixed”. Do you also get disappointed when we don’t score a TD on every possession? I’m not trying to be a d ick here but sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. OSU was the better team Friday night. Nothing more, nothing less.

If you’re struggling following this team now, you would’ve been miserable 15 + years ago.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2021, 8:49 AM

+110%

As Dabo says, winning is hard. Winning every game - phew. Although disappointing in the end, I am still proud of our team's success - this year included. It was a great year-ish all things considered.

If you want miserable, just go back to the bubblescreen and punt years.

Jan 4, 2021, 8:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Which had the most influence this year? ]

Ease up there. Not sure what you are getting upset about. I was just looking for input.

Dabo running his mouth.***

Jan 4, 2021, 8:44 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Dabo running his mouth.

Jan 4, 2021, 9:52 AM

It wasnt why we lost but it didnt help and it was unlike Clemson and unnecessary. If a player acted like that he and we wouldnt have liked it and neither would he. Hopefully it is a lesson learned

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2021, 8:56 AM

I think you hit it on the head with "Maybe something else". Go study that one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2021, 9:05 AM

We are just young on the offensive and defensive lines. Relax, and let the coaches and players do what they do best.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Jan 4, 2021, 9:13 AM

I am thankful for Dabo and the staff! I am thankful that we are complaining about not going undefeated versus the four year record when I was a student at Clemson. The four year record then was 18 wins and 26 losses. I am thankful Dabo's record against OSU is 3-1. Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2021, 9:33 AM

Just my opinion ,but what had the biggest influence this year was being ranked # 1 in the preseason polls.
No way we should have been ranked that high after the performance we had against LSU.
But they ranked us # 1 because, IMO, LSU lost to many players to graduation, and the NFL, and we had Trevor coming back.
But I never thought we played like the #1 team in the country.
Who did we beat, actually beat that would make you rank Clemson #1.
Also,I am not going to blame Covid for anything ,or use the injury bug .Every team suffers loses that might hurt their performances at some point.
No, we had a great season .We finished in the top 4,won the conference championship and had our chances against OSU.
We just came up short.

Jan 4, 2021, 9:35 AM

Not being a D I c k - but read the posts from Leon Trotsky, HillRock Tiger and many others on discussing our team this year... If I read your post correctly, you're asking for answers on why we didn't win it all, or how OSU beat us?

Not sure what your point is? Read the latest article from David hale. It's posted as a thread. It touches on all the issues you pointed out.

If your points are trying to say we underperformed this year and asking what factors contributing to that, we didn't.. Simple as that. Imho, we probably overperformed given everything that happened. Dabo even states that in his own way.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2021, 10:34 AM

Are you directing this to me .I sometimes cannot tell what response is meant for what person.
Maybe I didn't clarify things, but no I'm not asking why we didn't win it all, or how OSU beat us.
My only issue is that in the last two CFP games Clemson has been in they have been embarrassed by the other team.
Much like what we did to Bama in 2018.So where did things go so wrong in the last two.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,606
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic