Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What A Week
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

What A Week

Jul 31, 2020, 8:42 PM

I spent the past week at Sugar Mountain, NC, with one of my daughters and two cousins from Tennessee. The weather was much cooler than it had been in Clemson. Had rains in the area almost every day. Just had a lazy week doing absolutely nothing. I can report that the kudzu between Clemson and Sugar Mt. looks like we are going to have a bumper crop. I would advise anyone who plans to take the same route I did, please don't park near an area where there is Kudzu, your automobile will be covered in kudzu within minutes. Stopped at Greer on the way home and got a bushel of beautiful and tasty peaches.

Now for the good stuff. The internet was out for the entire time we were there except for about two hours last Saturday. We did catch the news re Page's commitment later that evening. We knew nothing about Pennington's commitment until we arrived home earlier this afternoon.

We got on I-85 at the US 221 exit coming home and traffic came to a standstill at the I-26 exit and we almost reached snail speed from that point to Mile Post 67 where a semi trailer had caught fire.

When we were at Sugar Mt, my daughter got a call from a lady here in Clemson wanting to know how her Dad was doing. She told the lady, "he's doing fine. He's sitting about 10 feet from me". She had heard I was in the hospital in Charleston in serious condition. When we arrived home, I picked up the mail and I had a slew of mail from friends throughout the state. These were "regret to hear you are not doing well, get well soon" type of messages.

One of my friends has a son named Joe who is in the hospital in Charleston. My friend sent an email to many of his friends with an update on Joe. Mutual friends though my friend was talking about me, sent the news to another friend who alerted about 100 more friends that old Joe21 was just about to breath his last breath.

I can assure you I am here in Clemson and not reclining on a hospital bed in Charleston. It sure is good to get back home and seeing what you guys and gals have posted on these boards.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well!!!

Jul 31, 2020, 8:53 PM

Missed You ....and

Plus 3 for your RETURN!

Plus 1 for Kudzu

Plus 2 for Peach Pie

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well!!!

Jul 31, 2020, 9:00 PM

We missed You Joe21. Glad You are back safe and sound.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well!!!

Jul 31, 2020, 9:24 PM

Welcome back and very glad you are doing well!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So Joe21, are you well & in Charleston and..

Jul 31, 2020, 9:53 PM

with a sweet Peach?!

You ole rascal TiGER!

LoL

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What A Week

Jul 31, 2020, 10:27 PM

Well Joe have you seen where Brad Brownell and staff has added 4 star 6'10" Center Lynn Kidd, and that makes for three 4 star guys in this recruiting cycle for our Basketball team roster. Hopefully the stars are aligning for Brownell and out BB program!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m happy as heck for Brownell. He just needs players IMO***

Jul 31, 2020, 10:43 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sanity has returned to tnet!!!

Jul 31, 2020, 10:34 PM

Welcome home Joe!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I grew up in Greer. We do have some nice peaches ??

Jul 31, 2020, 10:42 PM

Dillard’s is the best. It’s probably not on your way. Just a 5 minute detour.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I grew up in Greer. We do have some nice peaches ??

Aug 1, 2020, 12:04 PM

Didn't Fisher buy out Dillards? That's where I go. I don't recall the current variety but they are huge and sweet. $60.00 per bushel. I remember years ago when they were $6.00 per bushel.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welcome back and

Jul 31, 2020, 11:55 PM

Congratulations on a week of doing nothing. Highly underrated.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2020, 7:03 AM

To update you, it rained all night here. I’m on Blood Camp Mtn (one over from Sugar) and was 60* last night. Quite a relief from the 90* in the woods at home yesterday.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2020, 7:16 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVajUY-hBVI

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2020, 12:17 PM

Every part of the kudzu plant is useful and edible! You can even make lovely, delicate pink jelly with the blossoms!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic