Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Vegas odds on next SC head coach
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 4,958

Vegas odds on next SC head coach

Nov 17, 2020, 1:47 PM

Billy Napier 3/1

Hugh Freeze 4/1

Shane Beamer 5/1

Jamey Chadwell 6/1

Luke Fickell 7/1

Tony Elliott 15/2

Scott Satterfield 8/1

Bill O’Brien 9/1

Brent Venables 10/1

Steve Sarkisian 10/1

Will Healy 10/1

Joe Brady 12/1

Jeff Monken 12/1

Bill Clark 14/1

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some of these are straight hilarious pipe dreams!***

Nov 17, 2020, 1:55 PM

Like which ones?

Nov 17, 2020, 2:00 PM

I'm pretty sure Brent wouldn't take THAT job - I think he has too much respect for Dabo for that - and I kind of doubt Joe Brady leaves the NFL this soon, but the rest seem like they would at least consider it.

Elliott probably wouldn't take it for the same reasons as Brent, but its certainly not below him. That's a great job for him if its anyone but the hated in-state rival.

Fickell may want to hold out of a bigger job.

Fickell turned down Michigan State last year, a program

Nov 17, 2020, 2:21 PM

that was in the playoffs just a few years ago. He didn't want to leave Cincinnati and didn't like the campus culture at MSU. Something tells me UofSuCk wouldn't have a chance to land him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Like which ones?

Nov 17, 2020, 2:23 PM [ in reply to Like which ones? ]

0% chance Venabels would take the job, but also zero he would be offered it as Tanner has said they are going after an offensive minded coach. Fickell will have much better offers in the not too distant future, Brady and and O'Brien likely too if they are even legitimately interested in getting a college gig at this point.

I agree some dont really fit there but its not like

Nov 17, 2020, 6:43 PM

Urban Meyer is on the list. These are mostly realistic options. I can think of reasons why some of these guys probably wouldn't want the job, but none made me laugh.

Interesting that Billy has better odds than Freeze

Nov 17, 2020, 1:56 PM

I think Billy would be the better choice, but Freeze and his baggage are a match made in heaven for the Chickens.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Even Vegas Doesn't Realize How Big a Sh*tshow Things at The

Nov 17, 2020, 2:06 PM

Roach are.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Vegas odds on next SC head coach

Nov 17, 2020, 2:11 PM

Outside of them stealing Venables or Elliot, the only one that has me a little worried on that list is Freeze. He is a pretty good coach and runs a very dirty program. He will do anything to win. And I'm sure he's just waiting to get out of Liberty and back to the SEC. Honestly he seems like a perfect fit for that program.

Once Freeze got to that cesspool...

Nov 17, 2020, 2:17 PM

and realized how difficult it is to get kids to play for a doormat and bottom feeding program like uof6c without paying the players, parents and recruits, he'd have them in trouble with the NCAA and on probation within three years.

Of course, if they thought for one second it might equate to a few more wins, uof6c would knowingly, willingly and gladly take that chance.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Once Freeze got to that cesspool...

Nov 17, 2020, 3:59 PM

I don't think Freeze knows any other way. He was stealing 5-stars from well outside of Ole Miss's recruiting footprint within a year or two by paying them.

People like that dont change either

Nov 18, 2020, 12:59 PM

This nonsense about he learned from his mistakes and is a changed man is utterly laughable. Its not like he bought a kid a combo from chickfila. He was outright buying 5* players to come to the school. And thats not even bringing into account the hookers on speed dial!

Nov 17, 2020, 6:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Vegas odds on next SC head coach ]

Couldn't agree more...Freeze would be a tad worrisome because he's clearly a good coach - making something out of Ole Miss and Liberty in short order. But that's ALSO BECAUSE he's shady af. So agree on second point, match made in heaven.

Nov 17, 2020, 4:13 PM

Way too many men on that list with self-respect.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 17, 2020, 4:23 PM

Now Freeze just signed a new one...Do you reckon that The Fighting Falwells put this nix in his new contract...???

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 17, 2020, 4:25 PM

What are the chances of Bobo getting the job full time?

Nov 17, 2020, 5:10 PM

ZERO, zilch, dinero....even they won’t step in dawg crap twice and track it around.

Or will they?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 17, 2020, 6:12 PM

I'll put up 12k on Brady to get back 1k. 10k for a 1k return on Coach V to stay as well.

please let it be Bill O'Brien

Nov 17, 2020, 7:36 PM

Replies: 18
| visibility 4,958
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic