Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Transfer Portal
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Transfer Portal

Jan 2, 2021, 12:47 AM

The 2 best players on the field tonight were transfers:
Sermon and Fields. Tate Martell was definitely a miss and Teague is obviously not the back that Sermon is. Does Dabo eventually have to agree to selectively accept guys from the portal??

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Transfer Portal

Jan 2, 2021, 12:51 AM

I think he has been clear that he will not jeopardize the team’s culture with bad character. It will all depend on who the individual is and what’s their background. LSU proved that the portal makes you a flash in the pan but not a consistent contender.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what about bama or OSU

Jan 2, 2021, 12:55 AM

you conveniently left them out. they get players from the portal and are just fine. and not every player that transfers is a bad egg. what about chase brice? was he "thug?" some people just make wrong decisions with where they want to go to school, or something happens like an injury and they get their job taken. it happens. But you all are fools if you think we will win championships by just recruiting. its not happening. not whenever Bama and OSU are going out there and getting top 5 classes AND getting transfers.

Yeah sure we will win the ACC, and then get embarrassed AGAIN in the playoffs. thats not fine with me. bring on the transfers!!!!

I can’t believe Ohio States best players were transfers. Just wow. I really hope Dabo can take advantage of it like they did if the opportunity arises

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The portal is dirty and dripping with fraud and money laundering. I would rather lose than participate in that farce. I have the utmost respect for Dabo and Clemson for staying away from that mercenary market.

Jan 2, 2021, 12:52 AM

Agree.??

well lol

Jan 2, 2021, 12:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Transfer Portal ]

then get ready to lose. and its probably gonna happen a lot, and probably like we did tonight. the transfer portal isn't going anywhere. and Bama and OSU are going to use it. then guess what.....they will win championships and leave us in the dust. but if you're fine going back to 9-3 seasons playing in the chick fil a bowl then fine. im not.

Jan 2, 2021, 12:54 AM

The 2 best players on the field tonight were transfers:
Sermon and Fields. Tate Martell was definitely a miss and Teague is obviously not the back that Sermon is. Does Dabo eventually have to agree to selectively accept guys from the portal??

No..

That is not a no.. It's a H3LL No!!!!....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If players are allowed to transfer once without penalty

Jan 2, 2021, 1:04 AM

Dabo will have no choice really

Re: If players are allowed to transfer once without penalty

Jan 2, 2021, 1:56 AM

Agreed. We lost Bowman this year. We are going to have to start to play the game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If players are allowed to transfer once without penalty

Jan 2, 2021, 2:07 AM

Adding a select transfer now and then to add depth will be needed to hang around the top 10 consistently. I’m sure they’ll get the character guys just like recruiting and it’s not like we would go full Kansas State overnight. Fact is, we don’t get top 5 classes every year and the benefits outweigh the cultural risk.

Jan 2, 2021, 1:05 AM

I support Dabo and his staffs decision and their recruiting philosophy. Dabo has given Clemson a decade to remember. A historical decade that will be remembered for years. Dabo’s players are great Ambassadors for Clemson and many have had great success in the NFL and in coaching. Plus Dabo won 2 more National Championships for Clemson. He has created an elite culture at Clemson that seems to be very successful.

So whatever he thinks is best for Clemson I will support him. I am All In!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2021, 2:17 AM

That's up to Dabo of course, but you are right concerning the two best players tonight.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2021, 2:43 AM

With some more research, I see approx. 46 players have left Clemson since 2017. Some tranfers, some injuries, some to NFL, and some quit football. So you make a good point. It could be hard for Coach Dabo and Coach BV to sustain without some level of transfers. It's tough when 5-star freshmen like Bowman leave and their scholarship is given to a walk-on. We shall see.

Jan 2, 2021, 3:40 AM

No one is talking about transfers OUT, geniuses. There is nothing you can do about that. It is the transfers IN that are nothing but a pay-to-play corruption scam. 3 teams have happily bought national championships this way, and I am proud to say Clemson is not among them.

Jan 2, 2021, 4:00 AM

No kidding moron but you have to replace those kids and there are recruiting restrictions that limit these things.

I do not want to see huge numbers of transfers like LSU because you can’t build a stable program that way. But Ohio State already out recruits us AND they bring in transfers.

If we want to stay on top we will have to use the portal in a smart and practical way like Ohio State.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic