Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tigernet has become a place where idiots come to gather
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Tigernet has become a place where idiots come to gather

Jan 2, 2021, 10:44 PM

I see posts in here about:

The decline of Clemson football
Targeting has ruined football
People offering Dabo advice on how to coach and what players he should offer
Tons of Negative posts during games

It’s gotten to the point where idiots in here outnumber knowledgeable Clemson football fans. Clemson football is not in decline but tigernet is. What was once a fun place to discuss all things Clemson in a positive way has run its course. When the last true Clemson fan decides to leave this website make sure to turn the lights off so the rest can continue to wander mindlessly in the dark.
RIP tigernet. Peace out. Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like this one?

Jan 2, 2021, 10:58 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Our-DEs-are-losing-contain-most-run-plays-28419669

It would seem to fit the categories of “The decline of Clemson football” or perhaps “Telling Dabo - or our team, in this case - ‘how’ to play/coach.”

One might also consider this a “ negative post during the game” ....

Just curious....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

You’re just now realizing this?

Jan 2, 2021, 10:59 PM

;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

The internet is a place where idiots come to gather***

Jan 2, 2021, 11:05 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

bye***

Jan 3, 2021, 12:12 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TC, TigerNet is really no different than other

Jan 3, 2021, 5:23 AM

fansites, for all contain about the same.

What I liken it to is the BS'ing camaraderie in the dorms when I was at CU. In those days way before social media, the guys would gather in the hallways after games, and the fireworks would begin. We had our shares of gurus, yingyangs, morons and smart-assssssses, but never fisticuffs nor pushing and shoving. The "sessions" always ended in good humor, usually when the beer cans were passed around. Then, things got back to normal.

I miss those days but find some measure of nostalgia right here on good, ole TNet. I consider most everyone...even our trolling guests...nothing more or less than good, ole boys and girls having a good time socializing with others. Those annoying ones I tend to just skip past, for more times than not, on later posts they redeem themselves with more positivity.

More than anything else, even at my ripe, old age of 73, I am amazed at the knowledge and insight many good folks here on TNet bring to the site. I really have learned a lot about the games of athletics, as well as recognizing the passions for the games so many others have like mine.

Perspective...always a caveat for those participating. You have to understand the nature of the beasts of these types of sites. You're a good, ole boy yourself; you've been here a long time; you know how this beast works. To me you've been a loyal, dedicated and wise participant. Stay that way for the rest of us.........and best wishes, as always, to you and your family.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tigernet has become a place where idiots come to gather

Jan 3, 2021, 8:11 AM

Most of this is coming from new posters with 30% pulses, Trolls and a few resident idiots (which we need). Time for the mods to take out the trash

Yeah, I have no idea why

Jan 3, 2021, 8:13 AM

CUNativeTexan71 still has poasting rights here. Nothing but negativity and trolling since day Juan.

Edit: Never mind, Crump finally took out the trash.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah, I have no idea why

Jan 3, 2021, 8:15 AM

He’s messing with my TU/TD ratio but I TD every poast he makes. Idiot isn’t even the word for him

Jan 3, 2021, 8:41 AM

I thought about this the other day. A lot of good users have gone silent over the last few years. I’m guessing they went to other boards. I love the good conversation here but the relentless trolling can get tiresome.

Jan 3, 2021, 8:42 AM

Your observations are correct and apply to most places on the internet where folks can post, ie facebook, Twitter, etc. The internet is a cesspool of nonsense.

The majority of Americans aren’t nuts, but the sensational commentary get the attention.

What do you mean "has become"?

Jan 3, 2021, 8:45 AM

Hasn't it "always been"?

It's pronounced "L Heff A" and it means "The Boss".

2007-ish called and wants its credit for dragging this place down***

Jan 3, 2021, 12:30 PM

Jan 3, 2021, 8:51 AM

I see posts in here about:

The decline of Clemson football
Targeting has ruined football
People offering Dabo advice on how to coach and what players he should offer
Tons of Negative posts during games

It’s gotten to the point where idiots in here outnumber knowledgeable Clemson football fans. Clemson football is not in decline but tigernet is. What was once a fun place to discuss all things Clemson in a positive way has run its course. When the last true Clemson fan decides to leave this website make sure to turn the lights off so the rest can continue to wander mindlessly in the dark.
RIP tigernet. Peace out. Go Tigers!

Tnet has always been a place for idiots gather. It’s just more noticeable after we lose a game and they give their analysis on how to fix the issues.

Jan 3, 2021, 9:08 AM

There are some silly comments but it is a message board that is meant for discussion.

1. The decline of Clemson football is a silly post.

2. Targeting rule is legit conversation and really has to be looked at and revamped. So that is ok to me.

3. It is an opinion board. But yes some of that is like WTH. Mind you I would not have added extra motivation by the 11th ranking even if I thought that way.

4. I would not recommend looking at a board during a game if this bothers you. It is raw emotion from people that love Clemson. We live and die with every play and yes we are hyper critical. Should there be a little more restraint yes, but I post on another board during the game as it is an easier thread. I can tend to be negative and say things like game over after Skalski was ejected. It is more to mentally prepare myself for the loss.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2021, 9:41 AM

And it is full of effing libbies.

Jan 3, 2021, 10:26 AM

Dude. TNet has been a troll board for many, many years. It’s just more obvious after a loss.

If there were any other active Clemson forums, TNet would die. But alas, this is what we have.

It’s the #2 ranked college football forum in the country.***

Jan 3, 2021, 10:32 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: It’s the #2 ranked college football forum in the country.***

Jan 3, 2021, 10:38 AM

Yes. For trolls. Yay, us!

Help make it better...

Jan 3, 2021, 10:42 AM

Help make it what you want it to be.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Jan 3, 2021, 11:11 AM

Become? Mods should've cleaned this place up long ago.

Mods still do their jobs...

Jan 3, 2021, 11:27 AM

Mods cleaned up some legit trolls than crawled in from Toledo late last night. Kinda bummed as I was just starting to unload on them. LOL

Jan 3, 2021, 11:33 AM

I question the seriousness of ANYONE posting during the game. Where is your FOCUS ??

Jan 3, 2021, 11:46 AM

It’s probably the reason why we lost ?? everyone knows the team was so busy ready our comments they were distracted

Jan 3, 2021, 3:38 PM

I would really like to know how many of these idiotic posts are made by people who have never put on shoulder pads or snapped a chin strap?

Sounds like the regular routine. ??***

Jan 3, 2021, 4:26 PM

Jan 6, 2021, 2:32 PM

Tigernet has been a place for idiots to gather since day one.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic