Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thursday Laugh
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Thursday Laugh

Feb 25, 2021, 10:36 AM

Four old retired men are walking down a street in Yuma , Arizona . They turn a corner and see a sign that says, "Old Timers Bar - ALL drinks 10 cents."

They look at each other and then go in, thinking this is too good to be true.

The old bartender says in a voice that carries across the room, "Come on in and let me pour one for you! What'll it be, gentlemen?"

There's a fully stocked bar, so each of the men orders a martini.

In no time the bartender serves up four iced martinis shaken, not stirred and says, "That'll be 10 cents each, please."

The four guys stare at the bartender for a moment, then at each other. They can't believe their good luck. They pay the 40 cents, finish their martinis, and order another round.

Again, four excellent martinis are produced, with the bartender again saying, "That's 40 cents, please."

They pay the 40 cents, but their curiosity gets the better of them. They've each had two martinis and haven't even spent a dollar yet.

Finally one of them says, "How can you afford to serve martinis as good as these for a dime apiece?"

"I'm a retired tailor from Phoenix ," the bartender says, "and I always wanted to own a bar. Last year I hit the Lottery Jackpot for $125 million and decided to open this place. Every drink costs a dime. Wine, liquor, beer it's all the same."

"Wow! That's some story!" one of the men says.

As the four of them sip at their martinis, they can't help noticing seven other people at the end of the bar who don't have any drinks in front of them and haven't ordered anything the whole time they've been there.

Nodding at the seven at the end of the bar, one of the men asks the Bartender, "What's with them?"

The bartender says, "They're retired people from Florida. They're waiting for Happy Hour when drinks are half-price."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thursday Laugh

Feb 25, 2021, 10:50 AM

Lol , True statement for Florida

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 25, 2021, 10:57 AM

very true

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 25, 2021, 11:23 AM

Now that's funny!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some people really are that cheap.

Feb 25, 2021, 11:33 AM

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"retired people from Ohio"

Feb 25, 2021, 4:49 PM

it should've said

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Then the bar would be in Myrtle Beach.

Feb 25, 2021, 5:19 PM

:)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Feb 25, 2021, 5:03 PM

Now that’s a good one!

????????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

As I said earlier, some people really are that cheap. Many

Feb 25, 2021, 5:49 PM

years ago I worked alongside a certain fellow at my first job in the chemical industry. Without wanting to really offend, let's just say that he put the stereotype in stereotypical Jew. Flush from his newfound earnings (it was also his first job in industry) he went out and "splurged" buying a new car. A base model Toyota Tercel, with about the only option being A/C. This was back before carmakers basically started loading up nearly every car on the dealer's lot with options galore.

Now, it gets HOT in South Carolina in the summertime. We all figured this gentleman would be eternally grateful that his new Tercel at least had A/C. This car was so basic, and he drove it so conservatively, it literally got a genuine 48 mpg. I said, WOW, that's great mileage, especially since you have to run the A/C right now because it's so blooming HOT.

He informed us that he didn't run the A/C, because when he checked his mileage with the A/C on, it had dropped to ~ 45 mpg. He also informed us later that year that he didn't run the heater fan in the wintertime either, because he had found that dropped the mileage to 47.5 mpg. :)

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic