Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thoughts on Bama
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Thoughts on Bama

Nov 29, 2017, 8:11 AM

The talk that Bama could move up if OSU,TCU and the REAL USC won and would be 11-2 Conference Champions is what is BS.

Bama lost the game that mattered,couldn't win their division and is sitting at home this weekend ,not risking injury or loss. Any talk of them getting in is BS. The Conference Championship game losers have a better argument than Bama,and no, I'm advocating that, just stating they have a better case.

While I'm on a sort of Bama rant,it's time for them to get off of that 8 conference game,3 cupcake,one P5 school at a Neural site schedule. Schedule a home and home game with a P5 school.At this point all schools wanting to be taken seriously ,should be playing 10 P5 schools a season.They expect us to do it, everyone should !

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I make it more simple

Nov 29, 2017, 8:15 AM

If you don't win your conference champ game, you are not eligible for the playoffs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

So basically you're saying...

Nov 29, 2017, 8:17 AM

Notre Dame either needs to join a conference or they have absolutely no chance of ever playing for the national championship?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Correctomoondo

Nov 29, 2017, 8:23 AM

I'm sick of 150 schools constantly making special rules for 1 school.

I'd rather open a slot for cfu than ND.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

You're crazy

Nov 29, 2017, 8:22 AM [ in reply to I make it more simple ]

That is logical and fair.

It will never work.

make it more simple and go to 8 team playoff

Nov 29, 2017, 8:26 AM [ in reply to I make it more simple ]

You can have your P5 conference championship auto bid if you expand the playoff field.

Otherwise, I will not allow.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then you only need a 5 team playoff.

Nov 29, 2017, 8:29 AM

No polls, no committees.

It's already a 10 team playoff

Nov 29, 2017, 8:29 AM [ in reply to make it more simple and go to 8 team playoff ]

They're all playing this weekend. Sure Stanford doesn't have a chance, but they can take the REAL USC completely out of consideration.

It stopped being a playoff when OSU got in last year***

Nov 29, 2017, 9:39 AM

Wouldn't you say our game gave proof

Nov 29, 2017, 9:45 AM

that they had NO business being there and a lesson should be learned ? Just asking.

Re: Thoughts on Bama

Nov 29, 2017, 8:20 AM

My thoughts exactly. Although it would be great to play and win the best 2 out of 3, better yet, we play for the championship and they get left out of the cfp. We be like, "We waited for you at the championship game but you never showed up."

At least one talking head gets it. Colin Cowherd has been saying the same thing all week. He learned his lesson with the Tigers though, he had to eat his "Clemson is a fraud " words. In all fairness he ate his humble pie on his show. A very rare occurrence.

Nov 29, 2017, 8:21 AM

I am ok with non-conference champs making the playoff.

But if you can't even win your division? That's something else. Conference games are the effective quarterfinals. If you can't even do that, you're done. Later. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

overrated ........ yeah, that's all I got.***

Nov 29, 2017, 8:36 AM

Nov 29, 2017, 8:39 AM

OSU got beat at home. And then got beat by 30+ by Iowa.

Alabama’s only loss is on the road to #2.

Both teams left doubt so they really don’t have much to complain about if they get left out.

Bama only played 9 P5 teams

Nov 29, 2017, 8:49 AM

Osu [play 11 conting B1G Championship game. Bama schedules 3 OOC cupcakes every single year,as does Auburn. The one OOC P5 game Bama plays is never a Home and Home,it's always a NEUTRAL Site game.

Get someone to explain it to you.

Re: Bama only played 9 P5 teams

Nov 29, 2017, 9:20 AM

Switch schedules & Bama likely performs better. . Bama doesn’t lose to Iowa. May still lose to Oklahoma. osu prob losses to auburn.

3 of bama’s 4 non conf opponents are likely going to bowl games. One was preseason #2.

Big ten is a joke this year. They haven’t scored a point in the playoffs since 2014.

Bama's schedule is a joke

Nov 29, 2017, 9:49 AM

Like I said, OSU will play 11 P5 teams,schedule 10,where as Bama continues to play only 9 P5 teams, never playing an OOC P5 team in their stadium ,along with 3 OOC CUPCAKES.

OSU with Bama's schedule ? 11-1 ,losing to Auburn on the outside looking in, just like Bama.

Re: Bama's schedule is a joke

Nov 29, 2017, 10:03 AM

It’s not just a resume game. It’s 4 best teams. Right now Vegas has Bama favored over everyone.

Those two non p5 teams on bama’s Schedule would beat half of the big ten. Bama’s schedule really wouldn’t be an issue if Fsu didn’t crap the bed.

Nov 29, 2017, 10:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Thoughts on Bama ]

I agree more to this. Both teams have left enough on the table where you can argue a case for both of them to be left out. However, I believe a 1-loss Bama should be in over a 2-loss OSU Big 10 Champ in a vacuum. Bama lost to the hottest team in the country and went into that game beat up and injured (just like we did against a pitiful Syracuse).

If you're looking at who is the better team, it is Alabama no doubt.

If you're looking at who is the more deserving team, then OSU has a case.

But as shown on the CFP website the format is the best 4 teams. By that standard I do not believe Alabama should be left out if OSU wins the Big 10.

Bama is better than other SEC schools at scheduling OOC...

Nov 29, 2017, 9:06 AM

Look at UF and UGA. Their OOC schedule is a complete joke.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Check again

Nov 29, 2017, 9:13 AM

UF and UGA both at least play a home and home with their OOC Rivals.

Clemson gets in over Bama if we were to lose and either

Nov 29, 2017, 9:49 AM

TCU or OSU won

no question

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No division or conf championship, no top 10 wins. They're out.

Nov 29, 2017, 9:55 AM

OhSt had 3 top 8 wins the year they got in after not playing for their conf champ. Bama is at 0. Huge difference.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Personally, I think Joey Saltwater said it best

Nov 29, 2017, 10:28 AM

https://twitter.com/Lane_Kiffin/status/935510649957961729?s=17

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic