Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Those defending FSU, let me ask a question
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Those defending FSU, let me ask a question

Nov 22, 2020, 3:54 PM

How many other games have been played where a single player (or more) tested positive for COVID on the Thursday or Friday? My suspicion is that FSU has probably already had this situation occur this season with no previous cancellations. Someone could go back and find out the results of COVID tests for previous games if they wanted.

My assumption based on the numbers we’ve heard of players having COVID is that this is likely the case in a majority or large minority of all games this year. If having one player test positive means that you can’t play because everyone else could have been infected, that means that no game with a single player infected should happen. It’s a ridiculous standard.

And please spare me the indignation of someone with COVID practicing being able to infect everyone else. Of course that’s possible. And that’s why we’re doing contact tracing and quarantining. On top of it, Dabo’s offer to play on Monday so additional testing could be done would have been SAFER than any other game FSU has played all season (2 day delay from the last round of tests until the game instead of just 1).

FSU took the opportunity to dodge an epic beat down. There’s nothing wrong with doing it - just don’t malign people that are calling it what it is.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Those defending FSU, let me ask a question

Nov 22, 2020, 4:03 PM

I haven't read any posts on Tigernet defending FSU.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pitt had 16 players out against Va. Tech due to Covid policy

Nov 22, 2020, 4:14 PM

The Pitt coach believes his players were infected at FSU.

Nov 22, 2020, 4:39 PM

there have been over 80 games cancelled this year under similar circumstances. Plenty more will get cancelled, and it is not outside the realm of possibility that a lot of programs will shut down for the season if enough of their players get infected.

We should not act so surprised when this happens to us. A lot of people were angry and looking forward to the game, so they needed someone to blame. Sadly they can not see the big picture.

If the goal is to get to the national title and be healthy, then yesterday very well may have been a blessing in disguise. We had nothing to gain and plenty to lose by playing FSU yesterday.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2020, 4:48 PM

But do we not have plenty (& possibly more!) to lose by making this game up the weekend before the ACC Championship?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2020, 4:56 PM

I seriously doubt we make this game up, we have nothing to gain by squeezing in one more before the ACC title game.

maybe we can coerce our medical staff into not clearing the team. ;)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2020, 5:26 PM

FSU medical advisor did not feel secure in letting FSU play. Was it Covid or the number of players that get hurt because they are not giving it their all. If they want guarantees that no one on a team will be medically affected by playing football, play video games. Next year---- El DeGuello.

Nov 22, 2020, 5:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Those defending FSU, let me ask a question ]

Ha! I agree, I don't see the point of making this game up unless it's absolutely needed!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic