Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The game postponement yesterday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 3,369

The game postponement yesterday

Nov 22, 2020, 12:21 PM

Was clearly a decision made by the medical advisors and does not involve the coaches or players. That is why the medical protocol is in place. If it was left up to the coaches and players the games would continue as scheduled. That likely could end up being a poor decision. Times are tough but we will move on. Nothing has been easy for the last eight months and we are fortunate that the leadership was in place to allow us to be where we are now. Move on. Name calling is so third grade,

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The game postponement yesterday

Nov 22, 2020, 12:37 PM

Read this and you might want to drop a few names on FSPU.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30331494/deep-deep-hole-6-year-unraveling-florida-state-football

Nov 22, 2020, 12:57 PM

After reading the article I can see why they couldn’t come to an “agreement”. There is zero upside for FSU to play Clemson and only downside. Why take even the slightest risk in today’s litigious environment.

Nov 22, 2020, 3:03 PM

Litigation is not the issue - they are actually in a much more actionable position from a civil liability standpoint for cancelling the game after so many had already committed time and money to it. There is no precedent for anyone suing for "exposure to COVID" nor will there ever be, as legislatures will pass laws to prevent this kind of liability.

Nov 22, 2020, 12:38 PM

I could not stand FSU 30 years ago. I see no reason to change now.

Translation...

Nov 22, 2020, 12:55 PM

FSU needs some kerosene rags to ties around their ankles in order to keep the ants of their candy a$$es.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Nice Dale Earnhardt reference . . .

Nov 22, 2020, 1:01 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really? When Clemson offered to have the whole team

Nov 22, 2020, 1:19 PM

tested and get the results back yesterday afternoon. If the test were negative, we offered to play last night, today, or tomorrow night, and they still refused.

Re: Really? When Clemson offered to have the whole team

Nov 22, 2020, 1:24 PM

did you just make that up?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://www.tigernet.com/story/Uiagalelei-HS-coach-says-Clem

Nov 22, 2020, 1:29 PM

Yes, I just make up stories to get my jollies on here.

Re: https://www.tigernet.com/story/Uiagalelei-HS-coach-says-Clem

Nov 22, 2020, 1:30 PM

that is not how TV contracts work, IF Dabo did say that he was not being serious.

Babble like 99% of your posts? You questioned my

Nov 22, 2020, 1:40 PM

integrity by asking if I made it up. I did not. I tend to believe that the father of a player that traveled 3000 miles to watch his son play knows more about the situation than most of us. Why don't you go tell him about his babble to his face.

Re: Babble like 99% of your posts? You questioned my

Nov 22, 2020, 1:48 PM

You may be thinking he is taking this as seriously as you seem to be, but he’s not.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, I took the bait, but what he said about DJ's father,

Nov 22, 2020, 1:55 PM

that he changed before most people saw and I replied to, was just plain stupid to post. At least he had the discretion to take it down. Thousands of unemployed comedians in the world and.....

Re: Yes, I took the bait, but what he said about DJ's father,

Nov 22, 2020, 2:49 PM

I saw it. I didn’t it take it seriously. If I were DJ’s dad I might actually feel that way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you know darn well

Nov 22, 2020, 1:44 PM [ in reply to Re: https://www.tigernet.com/story/Uiagalelei-HS-coach-says-Clem ]

that ESPN would've found a channel to put it on.

can u imagine the ratings it would get with this story***

Nov 22, 2020, 8:17 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I see you changed the post that I replied to. I give you

Nov 22, 2020, 1:45 PM [ in reply to Re: https://www.tigernet.com/story/Uiagalelei-HS-coach-says-Clem ]

credit for having some intelligence.

Re: I see you changed the post that I replied to. I give you

Nov 22, 2020, 2:01 PM

Intelligence, I am not the one that thought Dabo was being serious about playing them any time, assuming he even said this, because again, as a coach, he is smart enough to know that he has absolutely no say in if the game is played or not, or when the game is played. Coaches don't set the schedules, that is handled by the league office. the officials, gameday staff, event crew, stadium crew, fans, Broadcasters, officials, etc... are not all going to change their schedules because Dabo says so. And most importantly, it has been well documented hat a person can have the virus, test negative, and still spread it.

But you are such a smart guy, you thought of all of this.

I gave you credit for having intelligence. You took your

Nov 22, 2020, 2:13 PM

post down before DJ's father saw it. That is dang smart. What else do you want? I look forward to seeing interpretations of coaches, players, etc. statements in the future, so that I will know what is really going on.

Nov 22, 2020, 1:51 PM

You are as wrong as a screen door on a submarine. The acc agreed to play the season. They agreed to follow certain protocol. We followed it to the letter. FSU still declined to play. ND knew we had a player with COVID, they knew he practiced with the team on Wednesday. We still played because we followed the agreed upon protocol. Pitt played with sixteen active COVID cases. We most certainly should have as well.

Nov 22, 2020, 2:08 PM

Objective reality would tell you that the team medical staff has absolute and irrefutable say in whether a player or an entire team for that matter plays. Period.

Nov 22, 2020, 8:24 PM

You are as wrong as a screen door on a submarine. The acc agreed to play the season. They agreed to follow certain protocol. We followed it to the letter. FSU still declined to play. ND knew we had a player with COVID, they knew he practiced with the team on Wednesday. We still played because we followed the agreed upon protocol. Pitt played with sixteen active COVID cases. We most certainly should have as well.

Nov 22, 2020, 1:52 PM

Replies: 32
| visibility 3,369
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic