Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: SURVEY RESULTS: What's your comfort level on attending Clemson football games now?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

TNET: SURVEY RESULTS: What's your comfort level on attending Clemson football games now?

Jul 21, 2020, 11:02 AM

SURVEY RESULTS: What's your comfort level on attending Clemson football games now?

TigerNet held a fan survey last week that yielded over 4,200 responses regarding the 2020 Clemson football season and confidence surrounding it due to the COVID Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: SURVEY RESULTS: What's your comfort level on attending Clemson football games now?

Jul 21, 2020, 11:08 AM

I would go in a heartbeat and not wear a mask even, unless required.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: SURVEY RESULTS: What's your comfort level on attending Clemson football games now?

Jul 21, 2020, 1:14 PM

I no go. I be skeered. I be old. I watch from La-z-boy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2020, 1:25 PM

NICE! Personal responsibility! We see very little of that today.

Jul 23, 2020, 11:11 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: SURVEY RESULTS: What's your comfort level on attending Clemson football games now? ]

We should go for about 60% Capacity, about 50,000. All season ticket holders give up one third of their games. No Tight Pack in the seats, wear masks, and check temperature at the gate. Tight pack for over 80,000 is asking for a virus spread, because you are touching the whole game and in lines to enter and exit; so the lower capacity would cut out the excess contact. If you have a fever don't go in. You could check it yourself before leaving your tailgate. It would not be the same, but it will not be the same anyway this year! WE can't blow this season! Go Tigers!!

If you are worried stay home, sell or give your seats to a young Tiger. Not a good place for people over 60 this year. But if you are over 60, you have already lived through 3 National Championships. Stay alive for a few more, and Next Year in the Death Valley!

Jul 23, 2020, 4:05 PM

If the virus hadn't yet been notice, and if 100 people in DV had it and didn't know, that would be enough to affect 10,000 or more in this state in just a couple of weeks!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2020, 11:19 AM

Social distancing would be funny to see now since clods dont even respect normal parking spaces or your seating location in prepandemic situations

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2020, 4:08 PM

I do hope that you get your parking grievance worked out and situated before the season starts, if it does!!!;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2020, 11:40 AM

I would go and bet I'm among the 99.9% of people in my demographic that doesn't have any issues with this. If I was over 65 I'd probably stay at home.

Jul 21, 2020, 12:05 PM

I can’t understand why so many refuse to honor the face mask regulation. It is amazing that so many are that disrespectful of others. No one likes to wear them but it IS NOT an infringement on your rights. It is a rule that will be impossible to police at a football game. And that may have an affect on whether we play or not.

Jul 21, 2020, 1:16 PM

People down here in the Low Country are wearing the mask indoors in public. I have not seen any issues.

Outside is a whole different dynamic.

We run a kids camp with 120+ kids every day. We are in week 6, outside with no masks. We have had zero issues.

Jul 21, 2020, 12:10 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: SURVEY RESULTS: What's your comfort level on attending Clemson football games now? ]

Guess you have missed the news that the largest number of positive cases are in the 21-30 age group.

Mortality rate among the 21-30 age group who are otherwise

Jul 21, 2020, 12:34 PM

healthy?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Largest demographic for clymdyia also

Jul 21, 2020, 12:38 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: SURVEY RESULTS: What's your comfort level on attending Clemson football games now? ]

Not sure what that has to do with anything though

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jul 21, 2020, 1:05 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: SURVEY RESULTS: What's your comfort level on attending Clemson football games now? ]

and the overwhelming are asymptomatic or have very mild syptoms

Jul 21, 2020, 3:25 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: SURVEY RESULTS: What's your comfort level on attending Clemson football games now? ]

Guess you missed where anyone under 24 is several times more likely to die of the flu than corona. Heck that age range is more likely to die from being hit by lightning than from corona. Crowd size discussions are reasonable. Discussions about whether or not we send kids back to school or let them play football are not.

Jul 21, 2020, 1:13 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: SURVEY RESULTS: What's your comfort level on attending Clemson football games now? ]

So did a little math based on wsj article this morning on death rates of (0.7%), and yes that’s 6 times worse then flu.

Assumptions:
Full capacity (85k) and 1% infection rate based on cumulative cases (3.5m) and total population (350m), 2 secondary infections per direct infection, death rate distribution per cdc of 92% of deaths over 55 and 80% over 65.

Results for 7 games:

125 deaths
10 below 55
116 above 55
100 above 65

Primary infections only
6 deaths
0.5 below 55
6 above 55
5 above 65

So I’m willing to take my chances as I’m under 55. Masks probably not a bad idea, less capacity not a bad idea (maybe just season ticket holders, which I think is about 65k), tailgating somewhat questionable as increases denominator (but want to have it selfishly).

Make your own personal choice for you and yours, Spot the #### ball, and let’s go win another title.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just iptay members.. gets it down to 17,000

Jul 21, 2020, 2:25 PM

That's like 1 person for every 5 seats

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jul 21, 2020, 3:03 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: SURVEY RESULTS: What's your comfort level on attending Clemson football games now? ]

Thank goodness unless you are an ACC President, you don't get a vote.

Jul 21, 2020, 12:08 PM

Since less than half of the answers were from people with season tickets that tells me alot about the answers. It would be interesting to know what % of the 23% that said they would not attend if no tailgating were allowed were season ticket holders.

And the survey says...........

Jul 21, 2020, 1:15 PM

Play football!

Jul 21, 2020, 6:41 PM

I hope that everyone realizes that none of this speculative data matters as there will be no football season.

Jul 21, 2020, 9:23 PM

Sadly, you are correct. The hysteria and fear are out of control. Frankly, on a larger plane, all of college players and staffs need to have a rational plan to engage with the rest of sane Americans to save our country. That entails having a lot of courage and love and soul searching to do whatever it takes. The "whatever it takes" is hard to figure out and will become clearer as the work begins.

Jul 21, 2020, 10:42 PM

Anyone with season tickets that has decided not to go, please let me know. I will gladly take them.

If you have to have a comfort level in order to attend a

Jul 22, 2020, 12:07 AM

football game, why are you even considering going to a football game? Football games are for rugged individualists, not gentle SJW snowflakes who demand safe spaces.

SPOT THE BALL!!!***

Jul 23, 2020, 11:14 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2020, 11:18 AM

I would prefer to watch from home even without the virus out of convenience and comfort, but I wouldn't go at this time even if the game was across the street from house.

Jul 23, 2020, 11:54 AM

User Logo
Carlsbad®
Ring of Honor [35253]
TigerPulse: 100%
Posted: Jul 23, 2020 11:18 AM

I would prefer to watch from home even without the virus out of convenience and comfort, but I wouldn't go at this time even if the game was across the street from house.

I AM SHOCKED. SHOCKED I SAY.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2020, 1:05 PM

SMDH...GOOBERS

Jul 23, 2020, 4:09 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: SURVEY RESULTS: What's your comfort level on attending Clemson football games now? ]

So you are a smart guy!!! :)

Crazy if allowed to tailgate but not attend the game

Jul 23, 2020, 11:18 AM

That would be an amazing scene to see a touchdown and then crowds outside the stadium celebrate 20 seconds after. That would be crazy for the players if they could hear the crowds outside celebrate for them, albeit delayed.

Re: Crazy if allowed to tailgate but not attend the game

Jul 23, 2020, 4:11 PM

On an average FB tailgate at DV, the players would hear the cheers from outside of DV!!!

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic