Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Longtime position coach changing role, Clemson legend replacing on staff
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 57
| visibility 1

TNET: Longtime position coach changing role, Clemson legend replacing on staff

Jan 15, 2021, 3:38 PM

Longtime position coach changing role, Clemson legend replacing on staff

TigerNet has confirmed that Clemson's 2021 football staff will have some changes. Tight ends coach and special teams coordinator Danny Pearman is set to move in Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Leave no stone unturned for quality players!

Jan 15, 2021, 3:47 PM

Excited to see us check the portal for good fit players who made a wrong first decision or maybe were mislead.

Go Tigers!!

Re: Leave no stone unturned for quality players!

Jan 16, 2021, 2:11 PM

And people thought Dabo didn't pay attention to TIGERNET ***** been talking about this ""PORTAL"" for awhile and now Dabo is gona' do sumthin' about it __________ thanks to TIGERNET !!!!!

I like it

Jan 15, 2021, 3:48 PM

Pearman has never impressed me as a Special Teams guy and I could not be happier for CJ.

Bravo!***

Jan 15, 2021, 3:50 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Longtime position coach changing role, Clemson legend replacing on staff

Jan 15, 2021, 3:50 PM

A bit confused. Do I infer from this that we’re getting a new offensive coordinator or that Tony is taking on additional responsibilities?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Longtime position coach changing role, Clemson legend replacing on staff

Jan 15, 2021, 3:54 PM

ddraines® said:

A bit confused. Do I infer from this that we’re getting a new offensive coordinator or that Tony is taking on additional responsibilities?

In addition to OC, Elliott also coached running backs, where Spiller is going now -- and that leaves tight ends for Elliott to coach.

Jan 15, 2021, 6:53 PM

Thanks Brandon. I’m sure the article would have had a different topline if that were the case.

I appreciate all that you and the staff do, especially during this tough time in history.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would like to see a new OC with more imagination

Jan 15, 2021, 3:56 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Longtime position coach changing role, Clemson legend replacing on staff ]

and not so predictable; whether it's Elliott or someone new, I don't care. We have too many weapons to run the same 10 plays and not involve more of our skill position players.

yea, like an OC with 6 conference championships

Jan 15, 2021, 4:08 PM

and 15 Bowl, playoff or National championship trophies!!

Good thing TNET doesn't make the call!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: I would like to see a OC

Jan 15, 2021, 4:30 PM [ in reply to I would like to see a new OC with more imagination ]

not have to account for a Robbie Caldwell offensive line in formulating offensive schemes, game plans and play calling.

Ahhh Cootmac never fails to impress... SMH..***

Jan 15, 2021, 5:13 PM [ in reply to I would like to see a new OC with more imagination ]

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ahhh Cootmac never fails to impress... SMH..***

Jan 15, 2021, 5:56 PM

Not impressed with Spiller on the field coaching in last game. Great as a player, but didn't spend time on sideline. My observation that RB2, two deep players make better coaches because they are with coaches entire game. Dabo was not a star, nor Saban, or Meyer,

Give me a break

Jan 15, 2021, 7:02 PM

What have you expected from Spiller as a coach; he’s the only Tiger ever that can get hit 5 yards behind the line and turn it into a 20 yard gain. Should every RB be expected to have those skills? The best RB in Clemson history didn’t have those skills. Can the RB coach make the OL dominant? Get over yourself.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would like to see a new OC with more imagination

Jan 15, 2021, 5:24 PM [ in reply to I would like to see a new OC with more imagination ]

There are lots of things I would like to see. That’s probably why I’m sitting on my couch retired. If I was coaching I would be hungry.

lol they may look like the same plays

Jan 16, 2021, 11:22 AM [ in reply to I would like to see a new OC with more imagination ]

to you, but im sure there are some wrinkles in certain plays that make them different. and most of the time TE lets the QB make the decisions as to where the ball is going. I mean that is the point of the RPO offense.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2021, 3:58 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Longtime position coach changing role, Clemson legend replacing on staff ]

Clearly you didn’t know that Tony was the running backs coach. Coordinators are also position coaches. BV is the DC but also coaches linebackers. Tony was the RB coach, but will now coach TE with CJ taking over the RBs.

being ignorant is key to being an interweb expert!***

Jan 15, 2021, 5:49 PM

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Jan 15, 2021, 6:52 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Longtime position coach changing role, Clemson legend replacing on staff ]

I want Tony to fully concentrate on running the offense and bring more imagination to that major responsibility. He does not need to also be a position coach.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2021, 8:59 PM

Well if that your gripe, petition the NCAA to allow more on the field coaches, bc if Tony don't coach a position, they will come up short of a position coach!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2021, 9:59 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Longtime position coach changing role, Clemson legend replacing on staff ]

Coordinators are pretty much always position coaches also. The Chad was QB coach, but when he left we took Scott (WR) and Elliott (RB) and made them Co-OC but then we needed a QB coach, which is when we brought in Streeter. When Scott left Grisham moved up to WR coach and now we’re moving Tony to RB and CJ moves up to coach RB.

I’d bet money there’s not another P5 program with anywhere near ad many ex-players/alumni on staff.

Jan 15, 2021, 3:53 PM

Well, alright!!!!????????????

Jan 15, 2021, 3:58 PM

It's good to know that the portal is now an option, especially when we need a replacement due to one of our own entering it.

Congrats to C.J.!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jan 15, 2021, 6:27 PM

What I like about CJ becoming the RB's coach, he loves being at Clemson, and it would take a #### of an offer to get him away!!! Probably the same for all coaches we have that played FB at Clemson. I never played any college sports, but I would bet that all X Clemson players want to see their school doing well in sports!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2021, 6:49 PM

CJ made millions in the NFL. He won't leave Clemson for money or another job of any type unless he wants to be a HC one day, but he doesn't need that headache. I think this is out of love of and for Clemson. I'm curious to see his salary. I would expect it to be rather modest, like CJ.

Jan 15, 2021, 4:09 PM

Fly on the wall in Dabo’s office:

Coach Elliott: “Coach I have a handful of plays I can’t call because our TEs don’t hold down the edge.”

Dabo: “Well Tony, I have a solution. You’re now in charge of fixing that problem.”

Or, possibly....

Jan 15, 2021, 4:18 PM

Dabo to himself:

"Dadgum, we need more production out of our TE's... I gotta get Tony calling more plays with the TE as the first/best read.
I know what, I'll move Danny to an off the field role, move Tony to coach TE's (and his position group will be closer to top of mind). Then, I'll make CJ the running backs coach and he'll be a monster in recruiting for us too. That's a Win, Win, Win".

well Elliot has said

Jan 16, 2021, 11:25 AM

a few times Davis Allen was one of his favorite players. maybe by coaching him he will get him involved more.

Jan 15, 2021, 4:13 PM

Gonna be a whole Lot of doctors called next week by Tnetters with whiplash!!!!

Up until now the mere mention of the portal on this board would get you attacked by the Dabo apologists who as of now will become portal fanatics!!!

That type of politician style flip-flopping will cause a mean case of whiplash!

Some of us could see this coming a mile away because in today’s college football if you want to stay on top it’s gonna take more than good recruiting. Selective use of the portal is not only prudent, but quickly becoming mandatory because of injuries, turnover, transfers, etc. making roster management much more difficult!

Bringing in a few select portal players each year will not harm the culture of the program. If it does that means the culture wasn’t very good to begin with! And we all know that Dabo does indeed have an excellent culture within the program!

After seeing what Justin Fields & Sermon did to us in the sugar bowl I knew it was only a matter of time, but a change this quickly is surprising but pleasantly so and shows just how adaptable Dabo is contrary to what some in the media might think!

Now let’s go get Arik Gilbert and that 5 star OL that just entered the portal.

Jan 15, 2021, 4:20 PM

Just a bit curious how much of this move was because of all the negative press Pearman got last year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2021, 4:45 PM

We'll probably never know for sure, but it certainly didn't help our cause.

Jan 15, 2021, 4:52 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Longtime position coach changing role, Clemson legend replacing on staff ]

doubt if the press has much influence on Dabo's decisions

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2021, 5:41 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Longtime position coach changing role, Clemson legend replacing on staff ]

Just a bit curious how much of this move was because of all the negative press Pearman got last year.

If you followed Dabo at all you would know he does not run his program to appease the idiots in the national media

How are the new guys sign-stealing skills?***

Jan 15, 2021, 4:20 PM

Re: How are the new guys sign-stealing skills?***

Jan 15, 2021, 5:48 PM

Who? Spiller and Zow?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2021, 4:22 PM

This is so awesome! Especially because we have teammates Tyler Grisham coaching WR and Spiller coaching RBs. This is incredible and will be fun to see how our team grows as we bring younger, energetic coaches that love Clemson in. I bet everybody is pumped to have CJ in the coaches room. Pearman is probably pumped to make way for him.

Go Tigers!

Jan 15, 2021, 7:04 PM

IMO actions always speak louder than words and having a staff full of ex-Clemson players, especially a mix of stars and walk-ons, screams Clemson is family and home and after you leave you can't wait to go back. That creates a tight and incredibly loyal staff and strengthens the culture. Not only will this impress recruits, but more importantly, parents.

Jan 15, 2021, 4:23 PM

Big congrats to CJ!! Do we need some coaching help on the OL?

Jan 15, 2021, 4:31 PM

After the TE's of Notre Dame and Ohio State outclassed ours, we have to make a change. We have big athletic kids that were under utilized. Plus we need to bring in the TE from our home state this year. Lord knows we need a DT or 2 or 3 from the Portal.

Jan 15, 2021, 5:17 PM

Danny Pearman did not call the plays.

im sure im not the only one

Jan 16, 2021, 11:30 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Longtime position coach changing role, Clemson legend replacing on staff ]

but I LOVE throwing the ball to the tight ends. when boyd was here our offense was unstoppable with Dwayne Allen at tight end. It was a thing of beauty. oh and dont forget sammy and nuk! lack of Receivers isn't a problem for us, and I dont think we have a lack of talent with TE's either. Davis Allen and Galloway showed flashes of brilliance last year. but there is something awesome about seeing a big 6'5 guy running downfield catching passes. It worked for Tom Brady and Gronk for a few superbowls......

Jan 15, 2021, 4:36 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Longtime position coach changing role, Clemson legend replacing on staff ]

uuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....that's an AFFIRMATIVE STT........

Jan 15, 2021, 4:31 PM

Can't wait to see how Spiller is on the recruiting trail.

So who's taking over special teams?

Jan 15, 2021, 4:32 PM

Do we find out after Dabo has consulted with coachmac?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Let the head cheerleader

Jan 15, 2021, 4:40 PM

As it couldn’t get much worse.

I would love to see Spiller take over. He would put an emphasis on it and at least get the returner to the 25 yard line.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fair Catch U in the past couple of years

Jan 15, 2021, 8:10 PM

Punt returns have tended to be a lost art for us lately...don't know the answer, but we certainly have about a dozen guys capable of bringing them back for long yardage.

They fumble the ball on the catch

Jan 16, 2021, 10:54 AM

At some really un-opportune and get replaced with some wide receiver that knows whatever you do catch the ball first so they call for the fair catch. Kickoffs have been the same way. LynJ was doing good this year and had several good returns but he started fumbling. ETN would have had at least 2 returns to the house this year but he had no juke move and ran into the kicker. That’s what made CJ so lethal was that quick juke on a dime.

my little cousin is a punter

Jan 16, 2021, 11:33 AM [ in reply to Fair Catch U in the past couple of years ]

and he goes to all these camps, and he told me that coaches would rather you punt the ball shorter, and HIGHER rather than long. Maybe that is why we have seen a dropoff in returns lately. not just with Clemson. You haven't seen many electric punt returners in CFB lately. at least not on the same level as CJ and Jacoby were

Jan 15, 2021, 4:33 PM

Buckle up old-schoolers and pearl-clutchers...the DEVIL himself is coming to Clemson football..in the form of....

THE
TRANSFER
PORTAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan 15, 2021, 4:40 PM

Thank God Dabo does not pay attention to all his assistant coaches on TNet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2021, 5:16 PM

Any team that does not look at potential transfers is losing ground to teams that do. Times change and you grow or you die.

Most good news in one story that I've read recently***

Jan 15, 2021, 5:17 PM

Jan 15, 2021, 5:26 PM

I have nothing against Danny but we always seem to land some hot shot tight end that we underutilize and seldom hear from again. Even Galloway sightings seem few and far between. W get some ok run blocking from the position but very little in the passing game. And then there was the whole kick blocking thing. Didnt we have like 3 kicks blocked in one game and in the same way? Wouldnt that be somewhat on Danny?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congrats to All, and Kudos to Tigernet

Jan 15, 2021, 5:30 PM

First - congrats to all of the coaches moving into roles that are a better situation for them.

Second - Kudos to Tigernet for something I haven't seen much. I've always primarily followed Tigernet as opposed to TI, 24/7, RTR, and other sites. I visit others on rare occasions when I'm bored or want to look at their recruiting rankings. I can't remember a single occurrence where any of them gave the other credit for being the first to report a positive story. I've occasionally seen other sites referenced in a semi-negative way, but the "first reported by Tiger Illustrated" blurb at the end of this story struck me as incredibly professional. Sometimes the fact that the quality posters here have been diluted by the village loveshackers-in-residence makes me forget how professional the staff here is. Thanks for the reminder of that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2021, 5:46 PM

Not sure about the Spiller move as he hasn’t coached at any level before full time. I’m sure if our RB’a look like our DB’s did this year there will be full panic

Jan 15, 2021, 5:57 PM

The way to go Dabo, and moving into the 21st century won't be so bad, and yes I love it!!!!

In Dabo I trust***

Jan 15, 2021, 6:19 PM

We should utilize CJ in the return game after halftime

Jan 16, 2021, 8:21 PM

Nobody will notice he put on another player’s uniform, after the return he can change out in the medical tent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Replies: 57
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic