Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Former Clemson WR reportedly signing with Texans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 3,215

TNET: Former Clemson WR reportedly signing with Texans

Nov 17, 2020, 9:37 AM

Former Clemson WR reportedly signing with Texans

Former Clemson receiver Artavis Scott is reportedly signing with the Houston Texans' practice squad, according to multiple reports. Scott had a workout with the Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go get em Artavis. I think he could

Nov 17, 2020, 10:24 AM

Realistically earn a spot on this team. He might not be the fastest but he does everything pretty well. We miss having several experienced wideouts on the field. Great blocker

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Go get em Artavis. I think he could

Nov 17, 2020, 10:31 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

yeah, great memories of him running roughshod

Nov 17, 2020, 1:15 PM

over the coot defense. He killed them with that pop pass sweep.

I'd love to see Amari get some of those touches this year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Go get em Artavis. I think he could

Nov 17, 2020, 1:10 PM [ in reply to Go get em Artavis. I think he could ]

Exactly.

Not only does Tay do everything well, but he uses proper technique.

Not a doubt in my mind that the coaches designed the game-Winning pass to Renfrow in that 2016 NC as a combo route, specifically having Tay run the rub route. Just like they trusted Hunter to make the catch, they trusted Tay to make a legal rub. If he made first contact with the DB, it could be called as OPI. But by allowing the DB to do it first, it was a no-flag touchdown. Lots of great players can make an important catch with the game on the line; how many WRs can make the critical block with the game on the line?

I also felt bad for Scott that entire season, because most of his explosive plays were called back because of penalties committed mostly by his WR teammates. I remember Williams and Renfrow both being responsible for negating big plays by Scott.

It seemed that Tay was due some love. But as a great teammate, he earned it for Renfrow.

Chargers Really Blew It With Artavis ---

Nov 17, 2020, 10:29 AM

Could have had a good possession type receiver that can bring a lot more after the catch.

Don't know what all went down with the Colts but hopefully he will get to display what the Texans need in their eyes and maybe Watson will have a Clemson family member to throw to once again.

Martavis Bryant should have got his act together and join them there as well.

It's their fault he kept getting injured during the

Nov 17, 2020, 2:35 PM

preseason? They wanted to give him a shot multiple times but he couldn't stay healthy

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It Seems To Work Out For Others ---

Nov 18, 2020, 1:52 AM

There have been players that has been with teams for quite a few years that get injured before the season starts......every year sometimes....then they come in at game 8 or 9.

They could have waited and play Scott. They know what he can do....they have seen him enough to know.

Practice squad? He is already better on Day One than any

Nov 17, 2020, 12:17 PM

receiver not named Will Fuller that is on the Texans active roster.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Practice squad? He is already better on Day One than any

Nov 17, 2020, 12:50 PM

Took words right out my mouth. Practice squad my ####. Give he and DW4 a chance on the field and then watch em make magic.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brandon Cooks, Randall Cobb, Kenny Stills...If you don't

Nov 17, 2020, 2:33 PM [ in reply to Practice squad? He is already better on Day One than any ]

watch, why would you say something idiotic like that?

I do watch, whenever a Texans game is on in my area, which

Nov 17, 2020, 5:14 PM

is not often. Especially not since they are losing just about every one.

Supposed "natural ability" does not a good QB / WR combo make. Artavis and DW4 seemed to be on the same wavelength nearly all the time. I'll take an "average" receiver who gets open and catches the ball every time over a more talented, but unable to shake a DB receiver every time.

Same thing with Hunter Renfrow. I am sure there are MANY slot receivers out there with better physical gifts, but I'll bet DW4 would jump straight off his couch if the Texans somehow had the chance to acquire him.

You seem to have a total habit of always denigrating anyone's opinion that doesn't match your own. It must suck going through life constantly p!sssed off, and yet knowing you are superior to others. Feel free to put me on ignore, and I shall consider the same if your usual snarky response comes back.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good Lord, what are you even talking about? Cooks, Cobb,

Nov 17, 2020, 8:38 PM

and Stills are all superior WRS than Scott, who has yet to make a regular season roster... just admit you couldn't think of another Texans WR besides Fuller now that Nuk has moved on to Arizona and spare me the armchair evaluation of my mental health

Re: TNET: Former Clemson WR reportedly signing with Texans

Nov 17, 2020, 12:45 PM

can he cover anyon? Because thy have no one else who can

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Former Clemson WR reportedly signing with Texans***

Nov 18, 2020, 4:33 PM

Re: TNET: Former Clemson WR reportedly signing with Texans

Nov 18, 2020, 4:35 PM

Hope Tay can make it work! Would be great to get that combo back together! Go Tigers!!!

Replies: 15
| visibility 3,215
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic