Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson D-linemen make NFL decision
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 74
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson D-linemen make NFL decision

Jan 13, 2018, 7:30 PM

Clemson D-linemen make NFL decision

Clemson coach Dabo Swinney announced at a team banquet that NFL-draft eligible defensive linemen Clelin Ferrell and Austin Bryant will return for the 2018 seaso Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson D-linemen make NFL decision

Jan 13, 2018, 7:31 PM

YES! Christian, I KNOW YOU WANT 1 MORE YEAR. LETS DO THIS!

Jan 13, 2018, 7:35 PM

Heck yes!!!!! HUGE with XT and KJ as depth tbis line is going to be nasty!! 2nd string will prob be better than most schools first string!!!

Jan 13, 2018, 7:31 PM

YESSSSSSSS!!!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jan 13, 2018, 7:34 PM

COME ON BACK #42 !!!!!!!! don't break up the Power Rangers yet !!!!!!

Could be Clemson's best DL......ever.***

Jan 14, 2018, 6:01 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson D-linemen make NFL decision ]

I'm okay trading championships with Bama.

Jan 13, 2018, 7:33 PM

I think we'll take 2018.

Re: I'm okay trading championships with Bama.

Jan 14, 2018, 4:19 PM

Love the way you think! :)

Jan 15, 2018, 4:38 PM [ in reply to I'm okay trading championships with Bama. ]

I agree. I will go out on a limb and say that Trevor Lawrence will perform BEYOND expectations, and if the boys can halfway "get 'er done," we'll be a juggernaut. Etienne may well turn out to be top back in the country this year.

Jan 15, 2018, 4:39 PM

meant to say "the boys in the trenches."

Jan 13, 2018, 7:36 PM

OH MAN OH MAN...SO HAPPY!!

Couple of 8 stars right there!

only 9 months now......

I hate when football ends

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Couple of 8 stars right there!

Jan 14, 2018, 4:20 PM

Good news for you. The first game is 7 1/2 months away. :)

Re: Couple of 8 stars right there!

Jan 15, 2018, 4:40 PM

Hey, we've got the spring game. Thank the lord.

Don't get me wrong this makes me super excited for next year

But I just don't understand why you wouldn't want to go earn your money now especially if you're already considered a first round pick.

Good God bro. Log off the ####### internet. Please.***

Jan 13, 2018, 7:37 PM

Nm

codylac = ladycock

Jan 13, 2018, 8:00 PM

nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: codylac = ladycock

Jan 13, 2018, 9:30 PM

A hermaphrodite? Can You Smell The Defense!?!? Booooyah!!!

Re: Don't get me wrong this makes me super excited for next year

Jan 13, 2018, 7:37 PM [ in reply to Don't get me wrong this makes me super excited for next year ]

It’s called unfinished business.

Or just loving the Clemson brotherhood

Jan 13, 2018, 9:59 PM

and awesome leaders, mentors, fans, and friends.

Jan 14, 2018, 4:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Don't get me wrong this makes me super excited for next year ]

You betcha! GoooooooTigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan 13, 2018, 7:42 PM [ in reply to Don't get me wrong this makes me super excited for next year ]

The difference could be millions over the course of a contract. Why go out when the numbers aren’t there. Ask Vic. Worked out for him...

Jan 13, 2018, 7:43 PM [ in reply to Don't get me wrong this makes me super excited for next year ]

They were given 2nd round grades, not 1st round.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2018, 1:10 PM

I can't believe that Christian Wilkins did not get a 1st round grade. With his skill set and physical abilities, I would think he'd a a starting role on just about every team. He'd kill it at the combine too.

I also think he goes as the #3 defensive Tiger in next year's draft behind Big Dex and Clelin.

IMO

Are you kidding me?

Jan 13, 2018, 7:57 PM [ in reply to Don't get me wrong this makes me super excited for next year ]

They love Clemson and want to come back. I think you are being scarcastic but I can’t tell.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are you kidding me?

Jan 14, 2018, 12:23 PM

All players do indeed factor their grade. I'll bet Hyatt did for sure. That being said they were have enough to where it means a bunch of money and several picks to be first rounders. But to your point, to have so many of them not declare, and think its just about grading is ridiculous...I think they took the Alabama loss as hard as we did, and the culture is pulling them back

Re: Are you kidding me?

Jan 14, 2018, 8:48 PM

I agree that these young men were upset by the Bama game and want one more shot at a national championship. I pity opposing offensive lines. Go Tigers!

They weren’t.***

Jan 13, 2018, 8:06 PM [ in reply to Don't get me wrong this makes me super excited for next year ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Because money isn't everything

Jan 13, 2018, 9:29 PM [ in reply to Don't get me wrong this makes me super excited for next year ]

and once you leave school, you miss it for the rest of your life.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Because money isn't everything

Jan 15, 2018, 9:52 AM

Not really, I don't miss school. I cherish my time there but i don't wish to go back to those times.

You ain't no Clemson man.

Jan 13, 2018, 9:55 PM [ in reply to Don't get me wrong this makes me super excited for next year ]

Get over yourself.

Jan 13, 2018, 7:38 PM

Great news about Joseph and Fields as well!!!! Great day to be a tiger!!!!!

Jan 13, 2018, 7:38 PM

DREAM WITH ME BABY

Jan 13, 2018, 7:41 PM

YEAAAAAAAA BABYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan 13, 2018, 7:42 PM

:)

Jan 13, 2018, 7:47 PM

This is going to be so super fantastic, it's like just signing a few 10 star players to lead a group of new true freshman 5 star, and and a group of 4 star Sophomores that would equal experienced 5 star juniors for this coming season. BV's get back man will have a easy 2018 season with a calmer BV on the side lines wearing a huge million dollar Grin!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2018, 4:24 PM

Like an entire galaxy of stars***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************** :)

Jan 13, 2018, 7:52 PM

[img]https://preview.ibb.co/kk3Pu6/029_C0_E2_B_84_D2_4_ECB_957_A_BCF40_CBFD7_F4.jpg[/img]

Jan 13, 2018, 7:55 PM

Mitch Hyatt coming back!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Defense is in place!

Jan 13, 2018, 7:53 PM

Now if the QB situation improves Clemson will have a shot at taking the big prize from Bama in 2018. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a win, take that all day***

Jan 13, 2018, 7:53 PM

Re: That's a win, take that all day***

Jan 13, 2018, 8:03 PM

This is a Huge win right here, Clelin Ferrell, Austin Bryant, Kendall Joseph, and Mark Fields bringing big time leadership back to what will be a MONSTER unstoppable D, with an improved O-line!!! National Championship written all over out Clemson Tigers!!!

Jan 13, 2018, 7:56 PM

BOOM ??

Jan 13, 2018, 8:10 PM

Players who forgoe the draft can still earn significant compensation should they be injured and unable to perform at an NFL level. You can obtain a pricey (but potentially lucrative) insurance policy agreement with Lourdes of London or other insuring agencies. The policy can pay out anywhere from $1,000,000 - $10,000,000

If anyone has extra insight on this subject, weigh in... expound upon premise. Thanx.

Message was edited by: badkitty85®

Jan 13, 2018, 8:16 PM

I may be wrong but the last year Deshaun played Clemson payed for insurance on him in the event he got hurt and couldn’t make the NFL

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Jan 13, 2018, 8:17 PM

Exactly!!!

Jan 13, 2018, 8:11 PM

Every year there is video of the banquet. Where is the video

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Jan 13, 2018, 8:14 PM

SO I GUESS THIS YEARS SENIOR CLASS RECORD FOR WINS WILL NOW BE BROKEN BY NEXT YEARS SENIORS!!!!!!!!!!!! LOOKING LIKE 53, 54

YESSSSSSS!!!

Jan 13, 2018, 8:17 PM

Thank the good Lord!!!!! We need this soooo bad! Christian it is your turn, don't let us down, come back! GO TIGERS!!!!!!!

Jan 13, 2018, 8:29 PM

Now I am really glad that I made my reservations for Santa Clara! Go Tigers and come on Christian! Can you imagine what the young studs who just signed are going to learn from these veterans?!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2018, 8:31 PM

This is an amazing result of players buying into the program! #thebestisyettocome!

Jan 13, 2018, 8:33 PM

Sorry tiger bball, your win today was huge but you have more games. THIS is the news of the day, week, year. At least year so far.

And guess what! We gots the monsters Yeargen and Logan too! Talk about iron sharpens iron. With CBV schemes, this possibly could be the best D ever. Do we dare say “legendary “ !!!!!!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2018, 8:36 PM

We are set for next season. CFP Championship winners in 2019!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2018, 9:11 PM

The players leaving contributed alot, but what we have coming in should be able to replace them and be just as productive. The defense just took a great leap to be #1 next year and could be set for several years and a few players have more time to learn from the best and hone any raw talent before taking over. Next year, we will lose all 4 on the line and the next generation will take over.

Jan 13, 2018, 9:22 PM

Even if Wilkins decides not to come back, 2 out of 3 returning is HUGE!

Jan 13, 2018, 9:28 PM

This along with the Hyatt announcement early this week really made my day.

Re: Bentley found out

Jan 13, 2018, 9:36 PM

this way.

I don’t think wilikins

Jan 13, 2018, 9:40 PM

Leaves his brothers, another year will on raise his stock. But his brothers and unfinished business. If he leaves it will change ( as a Marine ) what I see his character as. What I see , his family is his brothers.
GO TIGERS!

Re: I don’t think wilikins

Jan 13, 2018, 10:04 PM

I can tell Wilkins is truly torn but his speech sounded like goodbye. Good luck, young man!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2018, 9:24 AM

Don't forget that Wilkins likes to make you think he is doing one thing and surprise you. Not saying that is what he was doing in his speech but he did it to DS when he committed. Whatever he does, he will always be supported by Tiger Nation and will bet the farm, he will ALWAYS announces himself as coming from CLEMSON UNIVERSITY, with pride!

Whatever his decision, his character should not be....

Jan 14, 2018, 8:12 AM [ in reply to I don’t think wilikins ]

questioned.

Jan 14, 2018, 8:34 AM [ in reply to I don’t think wilikins ]

If Wilkins is rated in first round, he should go to the NFL. How many Marines pass on a promotion just because it means changing units? These are grown men and need to make decisions that are in the interests of their family! No Clemson player should be thought less of for trying to go to the NFL. Few if any of us would pass on a $400,000 raise to stay in our present job.

I don’t think wilikins

Jan 13, 2018, 9:40 PM

Leaves his brothers, another year will on raise his stock. But his brothers and unfinished business. If he leaves it will change ( as a Marine ) what I see his character as. What I see , his family is his brothers.
GO TIGERS!

as a Marine and knowing his story

Jan 13, 2018, 9:49 PM

I just can’t see Wilkins leaving. I see him as a Marine mentally. Another year will make him the # 1 draft pick . Semper fi brother ( always faithful)
GO TIGERS!

So proud of these guys! I can’t wait for the 18 season!!! Let’s go Tigers!!***

Jan 13, 2018, 9:55 PM

Great for us! Not so much for the younger DEs lol***

Jan 13, 2018, 9:56 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: Great for us! Not so much for the younger DEs lol***

Jan 13, 2018, 9:58 PM

Great news!!

Re: Great for us! Not so much for the younger DEs lol***

Jan 14, 2018, 2:20 PM [ in reply to Great for us! Not so much for the younger DEs lol*** ]

I respectfully disagree. The new guys will have a chance to learn from the best, will get some playing time in 2018 if they are good enough and will be well prepared to step in during 2019

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2018, 1:12 AM

What a great day. BB winning and FB team staying together for another year. Come on CW, enjoy the Tiger train yet again. Let's go to a place most never go. Get the Natty.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2018, 10:01 AM

Go Tigers! How does the insurance thing work for players with a high grade returning?

I hope 42 comes back but totally understand if not.

Jan 15, 2018, 12:42 AM

I can’t quit coming back to this story....Beast D this year.....

Jan 15, 2018, 10:00 AM

Does anyone else think (with or w/o CW) that there will be more rotation to give the new talent to playing time. If so, with that kind of talent and depth; even the 2 and 3 deep will be tough on opponents.

We had more rotation last year than any I can remember

Jan 15, 2018, 1:17 PM

But I think you're right - it's going to be fresh bodies in every play this coming year.

It just makes sense to rotate if there is no drop-off, and it makes sense to develop young guys when the game isn't on the line (against G5 competition, or South Carolina by about the 3rd quarter)

Christian Wilkens returning?

Jan 15, 2018, 1:27 PM

I know that today is the deadline to declare for the NFL draft. Has there been any news about Christian Wilkins returning next year or is that still TBD. Thanks!

Jan 15, 2018, 4:32 PM

This is huge for us.

Replies: 74
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic